Holiday Booze Exchange 2014 U.S.A.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Mother Goose
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Re: Holiday Booze Exchange 2014 U.S.A.

Post by Mother Goose »

we got some amazing smelling ME coffee tonight, with a note saying except more. :)

"DC is a toilet. And it needs a good flush." ~ Weatherman

Drunkard Chat bot sez: fiyah: i'm picturing wasabi oozing out of her parents, and im at a good pace if you have to do this cheap as fuck. but drunkards need to unite

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Mother Goose wrote:we got some amazing smelling ME coffee tonight, with a note saying except more. :)
Yes indeed, on it's way. Now, if you check the PM from me, I've included the tracking info for delivery. I hope that this one makes it to you and your man.

DRINK!

greygoose1
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by greygoose1 »

mistah willies wrote:
Mother Goose wrote:we got some amazing smelling ME coffee tonight, with a note saying except more. :)
Yes indeed, on it's way. Now, if you check the PM from me, I've included the tracking info for delivery. I hope that this one makes it to you and your man.

DRINK!
Good heavens, dear boy. You have absolutely outdone yourself. Received as following:
5# of Carrabassett Columbia Supremo coffee (for the mornings after)
1 fifth of Cold River vodka
2 pints of Maine Beer Compnany`s finest

Mistah Willie's, you are truly the cat`s pajamas.

Thanks from the Geese...
"...there's no app for a bourbon buzz on a warm day in a cool, dark bar. The world will always want a drink".
~Gillian Flynn

'Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right'
~Isaac Asimov

A person can work up a mean, mean thirst
after a hard day of doing nothing much at all...
~The Replacements

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

greygoose1 wrote:
mistah willies wrote:

DRINK!
Good heavens, dear boy. You have absolutely outdone yourself. Received as following:
5# of Carrabassett Columbia Supremo coffee (for the mornings after)
1 fifth of Cold River vodka
2 pints of Maine Beer Compnany`s finest

Mistah Willie's, you are truly the cat`s pajamas.

Thanks from the Geese...
Nothing but the best to a Modern Drunkard and his Lady.

Cheers!
Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

I hopw that all exchanges have now been sorted out as I am de-"sticky"ing this thread.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Surreal
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Surreal »

Mondays. Meh... Not a fan. Not one bit.

As I headed to the office this morning, I was still shaking out the cobwebs of Saturdays gig which was 5 straight hours of banjo and an angel of a waitress who made sure the Jim Beam rocks glass behind me was freshly stocked w/ ice and bourbon. Every time I finished a tune, I turned around and there was fresh ice and more bourbon. It was like Groundhog Day for drunks. - Play a tune, turn around, BOURBON. Play a tune, turn around, BOURBON. for three straight sets...... The good news was that Irish, Cowboy, old-timey sing alongs w/ a side of bluegrass go better drenched in bourbon.

Anyhooter, back to Monday mornings. They suck.

Except, when somebody rings your phone to let you know that UPS just dropped off a box from South Dakota or someplace way west of here, and then you remember it's HBE season [and you suddenly feel guilty because you forgot to send your package which is going in the mail tomorrow] and then you duck out of a client meeting and head back to your office to find a big ass box and you open up the Buck Knife that your grandpa gave you which you keep in your desk drawer and cut that big ass box open to find it stuffed full of disposable diapers, which cause you to tilt your head to one side and wonder whether or not any of them are loaded diapers, but then you remember that it's HBE season and a drunkard probably sent you the box, so you dig through the diapers and find booze glorious booze. You find a box of Bird Dog Whiskey that has a selection of airplane bottles and a 5th of their fine whiskey and you also find a bottle of Ghost Town Red Wine from the Ghost Town Meadery and then you dig deeper into the box of diapers looking for a note or card so you know who to thank, but there's nothing and you smile and remember - a drunkard sent me this. Why on earth would he/she put a note in there....

So you do what any reasonable person would do on a Meh of a Monday, you grab some ice, crack open that box of Whiskey bottles and pour a stiff one b4 logging onto MDM to thank the mysterious Whiskey Fairy for sending you such an uplifting box-o-love on a Monday only to find out that said Fairy [Bluto] has not only PM'd you to warn you of the box AND then you realize he is not only a fan of brown liquor, but he is a huge proponent of alternative packing materials and anonymous booze shipping.

So many thanks, from the bottom of my liver to Bluto.

You, sir, are a Gem.

Cheers you magnificent bastard

fuck em man, it ain't easy walkin the righteous path.
- Hoss

NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by NYDingbat »

Just a quick note to my, to currently remain nameless so as to preserve the surprise, HBE recipient - been takin' care of Ma a bit extra the last few weeks and now my time has been consumed with the wakes and funeral arrangements, attending the wakes - postponing the funeral 'cuz Ma is causing trouble even from Heaven with this snowstorm that every weather guy/gal is calling EPIC and/or HISTORIC, doing the program, writing her eulogy, etc. etc.

Wanted to let my HBE guy to know he hasn't participated in the HBE for naught - if some of my fellow experienced MDM'ers could back me up on this - this is why we give each other 'til mid-February to send each other HBE hooch. After that, it's still welcome - it's a delivery of hooch - but we just call it a birthday present. No, I don't care if it's April and your birthday is in November - if it's a late HBE delivery, then it's now a birthday present. Fuck you, just fuckin' drink it.
"I don't start the day. I continue the night."
- mistah willies

"What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?"
- W.C. Fields

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Bluto »

I'm told two our participants have yet to receive any boozey, deliscious gifts. Time to get them shipped folks or you'll be called out!

Cheers,

Bluto
Going to happy hour and not drinking is like going to an orgy and masturbating. You just took a great idea and turned it into a circle jerk. -Sixpack595

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

NYDingbat wrote:Just a quick note to my, to currently remain nameless so as to preserve the surprise, HBE recipient - been takin' care of Ma a bit extra the last few weeks and now my time has been consumed with the wakes and funeral arrangements, attending the wakes - postponing the funeral 'cuz Ma is causing trouble even from Heaven with this snowstorm that every weather guy/gal is calling EPIC and/or HISTORIC, doing the program, writing her eulogy, etc. etc.

Wanted to let my HBE guy to know he hasn't participated in the HBE for naught - if some of my fellow experienced MDM'ers could back me up on this - this is why we give each other 'til mid-February to send each other HBE hooch. After that, it's still welcome - it's a delivery of hooch - but we just call it a birthday present. No, I don't care if it's April and your birthday is in November - if it's a late HBE delivery, then it's now a birthday present. Fuck you, just fuckin' drink it.

Indeed, I have, my good friend NYD, I have indeed, been fuckin' drinking it. Well, some of it. This is gift has to be savored.

I apologize for not posting this earlier. I think that I must have had some black rum in my eye or something. No worries, it makes everything much clearer.

Here is what arrived form the post office, on my front door step, from you. Three large containers of hidden delight. What could be inside these giant boxes,all three?

Two magnificent Gins, three types of olives, two types of lovely vermouth, and the angostura bitters, with or without, and, get this, a friggin' mix set, with intelligent design on the Martini glasses. No breaky break-break of stems.

Math: 2 + 3 + 2 + 1 = 8.

The possible variations are this: 8 x (8-1) x (8-2) x (8-3) x (8-4) x (8-5) x (8-6) x (8-7) different concoctions. 8x7x6x5x4x3x2x1 = 40,320.

Therefore, this means that there are 40,320 different combinations, varying from all of the ingredients all at once, down to each, on its own.

A wonderful surprise in the dark of the angry beast of winter in these northern climes, and warmth from the bosom of a lovely Lady who truly knows how to gift a fellow Modern Drunkard.

Well met, indeed, me fine lass. I hope that I get you next year. I will do you up proud, as well.

I'll paint my wagon red, and paint the town as well, my dear.

Exploration awaits. This will be fucking epic.

Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by NYDingbat »

Glad you're enjoying the adventure, dear mistah willies! I hope you'll regale us with tales of swigbuckling - yeah - I said swigbuckling - and derring do that your gin journey will lead you to weave!
"I don't start the day. I continue the night."
- mistah willies

"What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?"
- W.C. Fields

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

NYDingbat wrote:Glad you're enjoying the adventure, dear mistah willies! I hope you'll regale us with tales of swigbuckling - yeah - I said swigbuckling - and derring do that your gin journey will lead you to weave!
Now that I have climbed back aboard this fine vessel, there will be a thread for such a marvelous adventure, me fine lass.

Yes indeed.

Mother Goose
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mother Goose »

So did anyone get shafted in this HBE? I absolutely hope not, as it was the first that wasn't hosted by our fearless leader Tony Mayhem. He worked so hard to be sure that the exchange went as planned, and he was militant about those who might not meet their obligations!!

"DC is a toilet. And it needs a good flush." ~ Weatherman

Drunkard Chat bot sez: fiyah: i'm picturing wasabi oozing out of her parents, and im at a good pace if you have to do this cheap as fuck. but drunkards need to unite

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Bluto »

To my knowledge, all parties have received something. If I'm wrong about this please speak up!

cheers

Bluto
Going to happy hour and not drinking is like going to an orgy and masturbating. You just took a great idea and turned it into a circle jerk. -Sixpack595

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

I ws talking to NYDingbat and she said she'd never recieved hers. Sorry Dingy if I spoke out of turn but it needs to be said. The weasel should be brought to task.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Bluto »

Patchez wrote:I ws talking to NYDingbat and she said she'd never recieved hers. Sorry Dingy if I spoke out of turn but it needs to be said. The weasel should be brought to task.
Thanks for the notification.

This falls an Surreal.

NYD, I'm sorry. My apologies to you, foremost, and everyone else. I have dropped the ball.

I will right this wrong.

-Bluto