Gin and Tonic

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Palinka (RIP)

Re: Gin and Tonic

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

tdcwillies wrote:...so where's the recipe?...
Rather than hijack a Gin and Tonic thread, I have put the recipe on a different thread; click here for details.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Zippy
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Zippy »

Had a nice variation on the old GT the other day. I added a few drops of water from some artichoke hearts and a small Thai Basil leaf. Really nice! So nice I had to have 3 more.
It's always a good day to get ripped!

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Try some Plymouth gin (as Mr. Viking has) as an alternative to the ubiquity of London and, these days, Bombay gin.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Wolfcoat
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Wolfcoat »

Mr. Viking wrote:I would like to see how well fresh blood would go in one
Ja, me too. I just need someone to give me a good punch in the mouth to get it flowing...then the G&T can do double duty as an astringent and a drink!
Here's to us, and those like us.
Damn few of us left.

Wolfcoat
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Wolfcoat »

Zippy wrote:Had a nice variation on the old GT the other day. I added a few drops of water from some artichoke hearts and a small Thai Basil leaf. Really nice! So nice I had to have 3 more.
Thai basil...NICE! That's is like some kinda Mojito/G&T variant.
Here's to us, and those like us.
Damn few of us left.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

Palinka wrote:Try some Plymouth gin (as Mr. Viking has) as an alternative to the ubiquity of London and, these days, Bombay gin.
I would also recommend the increasingly popular "The Botanist" gin, made by Bruichladdich, the famous scotch distillery. it is quite dry and earthy, without the sharpness that london dry tends to have
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

I'm hoping I can get a little help from you...

Last night, I went to a neat little craft bar. Normally I don't go for the likes of this sort of hipster establishment, but I went...

I ordered a gin and tonic. It was the BEST G&T I've ever had!! Holy shit! I think the key was that the place makes it's own tonic. It wasn't your run-of-the-mill clear stuff; it was kind of dark yellow.

Does anyone have a good recipe for homemade tonic? I would prefer to use ingredient that can be purchased fairly easily.
DRINK!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Dear Booze wrote:... It wasn't your run-of-the-mill clear stuff; it was kind of dark yellow.

Does anyone have a good recipe for homemade tonic? I would prefer to use ingredient that can be purchased fairly easily.
As much as Quinine is tasty to this old bitter man, I've been told by the Temptationist Palinka to lay off that poison.

Yet, proper tonic seems to appear to poosonbbly hint at containing to whishiper to have that thing smehwre in it. Hey, no mosquito deathening!

Resident Asshole

Post by Resident Asshole »

I would rather have a gin greyhound or salty dog than a gin and tonic but that's just me.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

rivuxgamma
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by rivuxgamma »

Pretty much gin, tonic, and maybe lime for me. Maybe a splash of bitters if I need to tell my stomach it's an asshole. Unless it's Beefeater Wet. In that case it's just gin.
I'll fill this out when I'm smarter

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by shawnonious »

In the vein of this conversation, why the HELL does Walmart knowingly place the tonic water in the booze aisle, but sell it in these tiny ass soda-bottle sized containers? That is NOT enough to have even a single proper night of gin and tonics.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" -Tom Waits

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

brandonman wrote:In the vein of this conversation, why the HELL does Walmart knowingly place the tonic water in the booze aisle, but sell it in these tiny ass soda-bottle sized containers? That is NOT enough to have even a single proper night of gin and tonics.

I've noticed that too. On the other hand, I've had occasion where I've purchased the bid 2L of tonic and didn't finish it. Then when I went back to it a week or so later, I found that it went bad. The shit doesn't have much of a shelf life after it's opened. So now I buy the little ones that come in 6 packs.
DRINK!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Dear Booze wrote:...I've had occasion where I've purchased the bid 2L of tonic and didn't finish it. Then when I went back to it a week or so later, I found that it went bad. The shit doesn't have much of a shelf life after it's opened. So now I buy the little ones that come in 6 packs.
TRVTH.

Yup.

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by shawnonious »

mistah willies, you're forgetting something.........

DRINK!
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" -Tom Waits

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

brandonman wrote:In the vein of this conversation, why the HELL does Walmart knowingly place the tonic water in the booze aisle, but sell it in these tiny ass soda-bottle sized containers? That is NOT enough to have even a single proper night of gin and tonics.
so if you only have one or two a week, you don't end up with flat tonic water. I know people who buy the little airplane cans becauser they're always fizzy
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best