Sunday

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Palinka (RIP)

Re: Sunday

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

booznik wrote:...Your time machine must be outside of the shot.
No, you silly person; it's bigger on the inside*...

*Which, coincidentally, is also what they told the hooker.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Palinka wrote:
booznik wrote:...Your time machine must be outside of the shot.
No, you silly person; it's bigger on the inside*...

*Which, coincidentally, is also what they told the hooker.
Oh, a TARIDIS joke, that's original.

Ugh.

Well there's this.

"‘Auld Lang Syne’ is recognized by the Guinness Book of World Records as being one of the top three most popular songs in the English language."

If you try a Doctor Who joke again, there WILL be consequences. Just saying.

And another thing...

"American president Abraham Lincoln had a lifelong admiration for the work of Robert Burns, with some claiming that the poet’s verse played a key role in helping Lincoln win the American civil war and abolish slavery"

Also...

"The town of Mosgiel, near Dunedin, New Zealand was named after Robert Burns' farm in Ayrshire."

Yeah, but they're Kiwis, so who gives a shit.

But...

"Burns fathered at least 12 children with four different women during his short 37 year lifetime. His youngest child, Maxwell, was born on the day of his funeral."

Well I think that does it.

Or did it.

Or whatever.

Yeah, so, TARDIS jokes.

Right.

Does that have even the slightest thing to do with New Zealand?

I don't think so.

But the Kiwi fruit used to be called the Chinese Gooseberry.

I'm old enough to remember that.

Fuck, I'm old.

Excuse me, I'm going to dig a grave and lie down in it. Our lady Savage will understand.
"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Sunday morning in Hong Kong once again. This time I'm being awakened where I passed out on the street by some angry gentlemen claiming I owe them money. Crap what was in those drinks? This is not looking like a happy Sunday.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Crimson
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Crimson »

Indeed, this will not be a happy Sunday. Some time yesterday, weakened by my crimson lover, I agreed to go to IKEA today.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Bottoms up it`s sunday! The gf only twice cried with no particular reason this weekend, that needs to be celebrated!
Does ikea sell crappy home bars?
Drink!

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

oettinger wrote:...Does ikea sell crappy home bars?
Does the pope shit in the woods?

"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ドロンケン
ImageImage

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Palinka wrote: Does the pope shit in the woods?
Well, the previous one did.

"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

What a nice sunday that was, I could do that like seven more times a week. Looking at the retarded inbreed that is monday I have no idea how to make it through another six days again.
Drink!

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

oettinger wrote:Does ikea sell crappy home bars?
they sell things that could be crudely fashioned into crappy home bars
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by shawnonious »

Personally, I hate sundays. It's the day I wake up at 2 in the afternoon, and still feel like shit after staying up until 6 in the morning indulging. Drinks help, but nothing cures Sunday. I typically end up taking a 4pm nap until dinner around 5:30. Then, a few hours later, it's 10 pm and time to consider sleeping, and I always reach a crossroad:

Either I try to responsibly go to bed for my early morning Monday crap and risk not being able to sleep until 3 in the morning, OR I start drinking whiskey and possibly go to bed earlier, but feel like shit during my Monday.

Sunday is a day of tough decisions I don't want to have to make!
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" -Tom Waits

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Well, it's Sunday morning brunch in Hong Kong and these guys are toasting. They think Yankees are punks but my fake Aussie accent is wearing thin. Need to consume as much as possible and split. You know the plan.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

It`s sunday and I go to the church of vodka, starts at noon and goes till blackout. Monday should burn in dry hell
Drink!

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

oettinger wrote:...Monday should burn in dry hell
Maybe this will help...
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

"There's this drunk guy with a fake Aussie accent over there and he wants to know if you are Charlie Chan?

Casual Binger
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Casual Binger »

booznik wrote: Also...

"The town of Mosgiel, near Dunedin, New Zealand was named after Robert Burns' farm in Ayrshire."
Mosgiel is named after Burns' farm? That'd be about right. Theres a statue of him in the Octagon is Dunedin. Never understood his popularity. There are statues of him all over Australasia, some kind of freemason thing, i think. Byron was half Scots, grew up in Aberdeen n habitually wore a kilt as an adult. I don't see why the Scots don't claim him, because unlike Burns he was a first rate poet. It's kinda apt that Mosgiel is named for Burns, because it's a complete dump. It has some of the cheapest real estate in NZ because the only people who live there are those who have no choice in the matter. It's not really a town so much as an overlooked, underloved n unwanted suburb of Dunners. It even makes Outram look good. I've only stopped there once n bought the worst hamburger I've ever had. I ended up throwing the meat pattie away n eating just the bun n salad. The meat had a spongy quality I'd normally associate with cheap pet food.

You know what? I've decided that next time I'm in Dunedin, I'm going to have a beer in Mosgiel! Roll on December.