New to The Board? Then introduce yourself here...

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: New to The Board? Then introduce yourself here...

Post by oettinger »

You got my vote herm.
Drink!

TheDrunkardAnglo
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by TheDrunkardAnglo »

Sorry chaps, just realised that someone had to move my bit to the correct section. Didn't see this here. My most humblest of apologies.

I'll make sure to post in the correct section in the future.

Chin, chin!
Major Strasser: What is your nationality?
Rick: I'm a drunkard.
Captain Renault: That makes Rick a citizen of the world.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Herman,
Great to have another European on board. I know the UK is not Euro but it's close enough for drunk yanks. Politicos and dying mainstream press journos love booze. There is always a great bar nearby your offices. You probably are watching Kevin Spacey's Netflix series on Wash. D.C. political graft and corruption. That's the new business model I hear.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

I'd have to say it is rare I will spend time near a politician unless drink is involved. Those guys know their market. Welcome to the party
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

givemesomepils
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by givemesomepils »

Artful Detective wrote:Hello my friends. I am newly registered but long time reader- don't want to use the word "lurker" as it sounds rather creepy like "stalker". But I have found solace and entertainment from all of you from afar.

About me: I like cheap vodka- but not so cheap where it has that rubbing alcohol flavor- I do have some dignity- I mean cheap as in a plastic handle is perfectly acceptable.

I love food in my drinks... Hefeweizens (with lemon), Dirty Martini's (with bleu cheese olives), Mojitos (with cucumbers) and Bloody Mary's (with bacon or shrimp). I am open to suggestions as to other delicious combinations
pour amaretto liqueur over vanilla ice cream like syrup. also welcome
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." hunter s. thompson god rest his soul

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

givemesomepills wrote:pour amaretto liqueur over vanilla ice cream like syrup...
Also try gin or vodka poured over orange or lemon sorbet, or whisk(e)y over coffee (or fudge or toffee or "Rocky Road") ice cream.

Or this...

For more information about Newcastle Brown Ale ice cream, click here and have a bit of a poke around.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

givemesomepils
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by givemesomepils »

Palinka wrote:
givemesomepills wrote:pour amaretto liqueur over vanilla ice cream like syrup...
Also try gin or vodka poured over orange or lemon sorbet, or whisk(e)y over coffee (or fudge or toffee or "Rocky Road") ice cream.
wow yes yes yes and yes again. to all of that.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." hunter s. thompson god rest his soul

DaveyH
Tippler
Tippler

Post by DaveyH »

Hello to all,

New member and young'un (21) here. I've often enjoyed reading everyone's posts here while inebriated and figured it was about time I joined seeing as before I was what would be considered a "stalker" which I assure you all I am not... A few random yet useful things about me:

Favourite (I'm Canadian, so yes. I spell things "weirdly") drinks: Scotch, Canadian rye, Gin Martini's, good tequila (100% agave).

Favourite activities: Skiing (with a flask), boating (with a flask), and automotive restoration and repair (with a flask...or two)

Favourite quotes: "In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt.

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places." - Ernest Hemingway

Lookin' forward to getting to know some of you interesting and wonderful crazies. Cheers all!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Welcome aboard. Remember post often. Post drunk. Post drunk often.

Also new guy buys. I'll have a pint glass of that Canadian rye.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

DaveyH
Tippler
Tippler

Post by DaveyH »

Thanks Patchez...

I'd gladly buy everyone a round of good Canadian rye as I simply love the stuff but I'm afraid on my student budget it might be a while! Hahah!

Cheers! - Davey

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Welcome to the board young man. Remember to drink responsibly. Slow and steady wins the race. Do as I say and not as I do.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Welcome aboard, Davey. I'll take a shot of Wisner's 18yo.

CHEERS!
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Bur »

Lush City wrote:Do as I say and not as I do.
Until that I was ready to call bullshit.

That Teddy quote always reminds me of firefly. Also 160 proof vodka while effective hangover cure, certainly isn't the smoothest route.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

givemesomepills wrote:
Palinka wrote:
wow yes yes yes and yes again. to all of that.
If you like that, check out this!
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

givemesomepils
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by givemesomepils »

Palinka wrote:If you like that, check out this!
those look great.

on another note, i hardly see any of the new people actually using this thread, say if you want to get on here i think this is the best way to introduce yourself, but they don't want to use it. oh well.