Is it harmful for kids to see their parents drunk?

This is where you let you can let it all hang out.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, One for the Frog, Frankennietzsche

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Is it harmful for kids to see their parents drunk?

Post by oettinger »

Taking a sip here and there while very young of age (talking 10 and younger) didn`t develop a taste for me whatsoever. It just hadn`t that much appeal to me back then, candy had.
But tastes change. Mine still do to some degree, I move from one go to drink to another every couple of years (this vodka lemon trip seems to stick though but I thought the same about the screwdriver and later the marry).
Also, while I was always curious as to what my parents were guzzling there every night my brother wasn`t. He doesn`t drink at all today. It`s his lame ass personality, nothing else. I was always the one getting in trouble in school and doing stupid things and such. Being a drunkard later in life was well written over me before I even liked the stuff.
Drink!

rclark
Tippler
Tippler

Post by rclark »

GinSoakedGirl wrote:Seeing your parents having fun every now and again is probably good. Holding back your mum's hair while she chunders, probably isn't good. One of my favourite memories from being under ten was the sight of my dad giggling, singing rude songs and ringing my grandpa when he couldn't remember the last verse.
100% agree with you. A little bit of a fun is fine for the kids to see, and will even teach them the joys of drinking responsibly in moderation. Seeing you get hammered, on the other hand, won't do anybody any favors - you or them.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

rclark wrote:
GinSoakedGirl wrote:Seeing your parents having fun every now and again is probably good. Holding back your mum's hair while she chunders, probably isn't good. One of my favourite memories from being under ten was the sight of my dad giggling, singing rude songs and ringing my grandpa when he couldn't remember the last verse.
100% agree with you. A little bit of a fun is fine for the kids to see, and will even teach them the joys of drinking responsibly in moderation. Seeing you get hammered, on the other hand, won't do anybody any favors - you or them.
You've nailed it.

A true Modern Drunkard is not a soppy mess. No abuse to anyone, nor yourself.

We can go to the limits, even pass them, for that is the test.

But we also take care of things when we have to.

We DRINK! to live another day, to drink more.

However amazing it is to watch someone rise to heights of drunken glory,

be mindful of the fall.

Or something better said than that.

Cheers, rclark. Well met.