There Will Be Blood!

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Palinka (RIP)

There Will Be Blood!

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

This take on the "Aviation" celebrates the history of the British temperance movement, by flipping it the bird!
It requires "Blood Tonic" from Fitzpatrick's in Ravenstall (the UK's last surviving temperance bar- let me hear a,"Hallelujah" for that alone!) instead of the "Aviation's"" usual Crême de Violette; it's widely available (in shops and online), but if you still can't get hold of any, use a dash of Vimto cordial and a splash of soda, instead.

Ingredients:

75 to 100mls of a good Plymouth-style Gin
10mls maraschino
5mls Fitzpatrick's Blood Tonic
5mls sugar syrup
20mls lemon or lime juice

Recipe:

Put everything into a cocktail mixer and shake over ice. Then strain into a chilled cocktail glass (or whatever clean drinking vessel you have).
Drink.
Repeat.

Enjoy!
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

givemesomepils
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: There Will Be Blood!

Post by givemesomepils »

Palinka wrote:...5mls Fitzpatrick's Blood Tonic...
what is Fitzpatrick's Blood Tonic supposed to be. I mean, what flavor would this have.?
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." hunter s. thompson god rest his soul

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

givemesomepils wrote:what is Fitzpatrick's Blood Tonic supposed to be. I mean, what flavor would this have.?
To find out all about Fitzpatrick's Blood Tonic,, click here.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

givemesomepils wrote:
Palinka wrote:...5mls Fitzpatrick's Blood Tonic...
what is Fitzpatrick's Blood Tonic supposed to be. I mean, what flavor would this have.?
I believe that our mighty Scot is fond of tea. So, being a rudimentary 'Murrican as i am, perhaps this cocktail should be reserved for folks who can tell the difference between Earl Grey and Lipton orange pekoe.

I, of course, speak blasphemy from here to yonder ears.

My apologies.

Time for Kraken!