New to The Board? Then introduce yourself here...

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Palinka (RIP)

Re: New to The Board? Then introduce yourself here...

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

givemesomepills wrote:...i hardly see any of the new people actually using this thread, say if you want to get on here i think this is the best way to introduce yourself, but they don't want to use it. oh well.
The ones that aren't immediately banned as bots, such as, "d69", usually have their first post moved here or they receive a polite P.M. asking them to introduce themselves on this thread. Sadly, many new members either don't post at all or just make one or two posts and then vanish.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

givemesomepils
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by givemesomepils »

i've actually pm'ed a couple people i've seen, and sent them a link to this thread, i think they are already gone for good though.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." hunter s. thompson god rest his soul

MShaedanath
Tippler
Tippler

Post by MShaedanath »

Hello. I thought I'd introduce myself, since that seems to be the general consensus on the subject. I am MShaedanath, a second Generation Modern Drunkard. Taught to tend bar at the young age of... well, whatever the age was, I seem to have forgotten, I am the child of one of the former users on this forum, back during the year... 2004-2005? I think? Well, regardless, I am the child of Beatnik Mao, and since he seems to have departed for this medium, offer my various rantings in his stead.

Thanks.

--MShaedanath

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

MShaedanath wrote:...I am MShaedanath, a second Generation Modern Drunkard. Taught to tend bar at the young age of...I am the child of one of the former users on this forum, back during the year... 2004-2005?...I am the child of Beatnik Mao...
And you are fondly remembered. In fact, if you go and check some of the old photo threads, there are pictures of your tending bar. Tending it so well, I might add, that some of those present were unwavering in their belief that you were, in reality, a midget.

Welcome aboard, indeed. Your seat at the bar is earned and awaiting. First drink is on us, for your membership has made this a fine day!
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Ah! A legacy. This may be a first. It calls for a toast.

Skal ta oss fassen!
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

MEAT!
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by MEAT! »

OK. Hello guys.

(Re) new-ish here. Used to be on the board years ago and did a lot of lurking and a little posting. A few guys here may even remember me. I was sitting at a bar the other night and noticed a classic drunkard poster behind me on the wall. That led me to check if the forums were still active and now I'm here. Hope to be a bit more active now and contribute more random drunken bullshit rambling to the boards.

Peace.
“Always carry a large flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.” -W.C.Fields

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

MEAT! wrote:...(Re) new-ish here. Used to be on the board...and did...a little posting...Hope to be a bit more active now and contribute more...
Good to have you back onboard, MEAT! We will all look forward to your future contributions.

Drink long and prosper!
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Welcome, new guys. It will be a pleasure to make your acquaintance. Post often. Post drunk. Post drunk often.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Welcome back aboard. Enjoy plenty of strong drink, early and often.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Jordo!
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Jordo! »

How did I miss this?

Big fan of MDM's overall mission, subject matter, and aesthetic sensibilities. Glad to join the associated forum.

I'll peruse the boards, and maybe post something a few beers from now... (I'm sure everyone is overwhelmingly excited to hear that).

Slainte, comrades.

~Jordo!
Enjoy it. Destroy it.

givemesomepils
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by givemesomepils »

Jordo! wrote:How did I miss this?

Big fan of MDM's overall mission, subject matter, and aesthetic sensibilities. Glad to join the associated forum.

I'll peruse the boards, and maybe post something a few beers from now... (I'm sure everyone is overwhelmingly excited to hear that).

Slainte, comrades.

~Jordo!
cool man, just make sure you come back when you wake up in the morning. or at least the next time you're drinking.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." hunter s. thompson god rest his soul

Jordo!
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Jordo! »

givemesomepils wrote:
Jordo! wrote:How did I miss this?

Slainte, comrades.

~Jordo!
cool man, just make sure you come back when you wake up in the morning. or at least the next time you're drinking.
I never sleep and I'm drinking now, so... win! :D
Enjoy it. Destroy it.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Welcome to the board Jordo!

Remember: Post often, post drunk, post drunk often.

New one buys around here. Skip the beers for me though, say, do you have any vodka left?
Drink!

RyanOwens
Tippler
Tippler

Post by RyanOwens »

Good evening, fellow drunks. My name is Ryan and although I hail from New Brunswick, Canada, I live now in Ottawa. I look forward to speaking with and meeting you all.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Welcome aboard young man.

Let the festivities begin
Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze