RIP Thread - Raise a glass to those who have passed

That's right. You can put them right here.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: R.I.P Leonard Nimoy

Post by booznik »

For those with the attention span to get through it: I found this interview absolutely fascinating.

RIP good man.
"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

"Spock's dead, Jim." — Dr McCoy
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

"That green blooded son-of-a-bitch." ---Bones McCoy on finding out Spock mindmelded with him.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

Shatner'snot going to the funeral. Got a Red Cross obligation in Florida.

Oh well.

These are actors, not demi-gods.

Rodenberry had some nice 'Rifleman' scripts.

See the Big Labowski if you say I',m a lying cunt, douchewipe.

orgive me for i am fucing blackout ript HAHA and soory tooffend whte wolers delcate sensiitiseies, just tyoing vlind and hopineg it works out for all mu dear friendss ners

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

PLUS, eh, Pesrdint sayes its alabout him cause hes Spock, good god

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

At least the Westboro Baptist Church loons were unable to picket Mr Nimoy's funeral.

Whilst you digest the information above (i.e. what the fuck do those inbred, funny farm candidates have against Leonard Nimoy*?), enjoy his, surprisingly good, cover of "I Walk the Line" (written by Mr J. Cash).

For those who haven't watched the most excellent interview with Leonard Nimoy■, I strongly recommend that you do so, as soon as you are able. It is a fascinating view of immigrant life, in the U.S.A., during the early years of the 20th Century.

* Perhaps it was his lettter of support and aid to [url=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/star ... acism.html]a young girl who was being subjected to racist bullying? Something that he did with no fanfare or press releases (the letter has only recently come to light). Sadly, it is far more likely that the Westboro Baptist Church wanted to picket his funeral for the mere reason that they are crazier than a sack full of cats that is slowly being dipped into boiling oil.

■ Don't worry, very little off the interview relates to Star Trek or anything Star Trek related.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

maltlicker
Souse
Souse

Post by maltlicker »

Loved Astronaut Terry Virts' salute to Nimoy.

http://time.com/3727433/leonard-nimoy-astronaut-space/

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Spock* on Spock◆

* Zachary Quinto
◆Leonard Nimoy

And Live Large and Prosper. Lindy West's appreciation of Leonard Nimoy's last major photographic project. (N.B.may be a bit dodgy for work).
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

RIP Charles Kennedy

Post by Mr. Viking »

Charles Kennedy, a scottish politician who inspired me greatly, was found dead at his home. He will be a great loss to UK politics and the country as a whole
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: RIP Charles Kennedy

Post by mistah willies »

Glass raised high in honor of a good man who knew his way around the guileful world of politics.

Infuckingdeed.

givemesomepils
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

RIP to a great judge

Post by givemesomepils »

well there was this judge in my county the only one I have ever had for my idk 4 or 5 cases. 1 was dropped because the police didn't keep the evidence (1 g of high quality dro). another was a marijuana charge and a controlled substance charge (10mg hydrocodone pills) when I was 17. he gave me a year of defered judification probation meaning if i did it it wouldn't show up on my record. while I was on probation I got evicted from a house I was staying at at 19 so I decided I would park at a parking lot and take a bunch of pills and smoke to blow off steam, anyway it ended with me getting a dui and another controlled substance charge, and i was still on probation, anyway instead of sending me to jail for that this judge let me try having another year on probation, which I could no longer pay for because I quit my job. So that's why I went to jail, and the same judge gave me only 45 days instead of a year or 6 months, and I only did 17 days because of good behavior. anyway he died recently and i think he was one of the few parts of the us justice system that was fair.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." hunter s. thompson god rest his soul

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: RIP to a great judge

Post by oettinger »

There are judges in germany that are fair aswell. Far and between.
You get in real trouble during revision hearings (right term????) because, just like cops, they are hesitant to "over turn" a colleague and tell him he/she was flatout wrong.
Sad to hear and watch out from now on, ok?
Drink!

givemesomepils
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: RIP to a great judge

Post by givemesomepils »

oettinger wrote:There are judges in germany that are fair aswell. Far and between.
You get in real trouble during revision hearings (right term????) because, just like cops, they are hesitant to "over turn" a colleague and tell him he/she was flatout wrong.
Sad to hear and watch out from now on, ok?
I don't plan on getting into legal trouble, I have changed a lot since I was 19 when I got my very last charge. I just went on the run for like a year or so.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." hunter s. thompson god rest his soul

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Rest In Peace, Yogi.

Post by peetie44 »

"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Re: Rest In Peace, Yogi.

Post by Smatter Noguts »

Best one-liner man in history. One hell of a ballplayer. Pride in him extends beyond Yankeephobia. RIP.

"Nobody goes to that bar anymore. It's too crowded."