I think i found a way to defeat vomiting

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

givemesomepils
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: I think i found a way to defeat vomiting

Post by givemesomepils »

Palinka wrote:2 x 50mg cyclizine tablets will work, everytime.
yeah, I looked it up cyclizine is class a 1 controlled substance meaning it is completely illegal for all uses in the united states. so i guess I'll stick with zofran (look it up if you care) and Dramamine.

*edit for us people cyclizine was outlawed then replaced with meclizine as dramamine 2
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." hunter s. thompson god rest his soul

TheDrunkardAnglo
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by TheDrunkardAnglo »

Sometimes when i'm worse for wear I do like to deploy the TC. "Whats TC?" I hear you say. TC is the abbreviation for tactical chunder. You know when you takeyourself away from the party for a couple of seconds and stick you're two index fingers down you're throat prematurely releasing the evil from your body. It can keep you in the game, but must be deployed as a last resort. No point being a damned idiot and wasting all that good liquor.
Major Strasser: What is your nationality?
Rick: I'm a drunkard.
Captain Renault: That makes Rick a citizen of the world.

givemesomepils
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by givemesomepils »

Herman wrote: You know when you takeyourself away from the party for a couple of seconds and stick you're two index fingers down you're throat prematurely releasing the evil from your body. It can keep you in the game, but must be deployed as a last resort.
no no no. well for me i make it work it's way out, and i give it a fight.. like it matters (but it does to me).
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." hunter s. thompson god rest his soul

TheDrunkardAnglo
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by TheDrunkardAnglo »

givemesomepils wrote:no no no. well for me i make it work it's way out, and i give it a fight.. like it matters (but it does to me).
It sounds stoic to me.
Major Strasser: What is your nationality?
Rick: I'm a drunkard.
Captain Renault: That makes Rick a citizen of the world.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Yet again The Magazine got there first!

Read and learn, children...
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

givemesomepils
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by givemesomepils »

I've seen this one, mabye that is where i got my attitude towards vomiting.

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by shawnonious »

Palinka wrote:Yet again The Magazine got there first!

Read and learn, children...
Forgot about this article... ahhhhh, the beer tie, as I just made up on the spot here. Once had a night with too many irish car bombs and jager at a buddy's house. It was a fantastic, wonderous attic type room where we could smoke as many cigarettes as we wanted, INDOORS, and the others, who were imbiders of another form of smoke, could take to their joys. Well, I ran out of cigarettes, as I always do at smoke-allowed-inside establishments. Was completely plastered, and I knew my buddy had Camel Wides. I said "Darian, cou..could I get one of those turkish wides?" because my brain mashed my turkish royals with the camel wides. I figured it was slurred enough nobody would know, but I was wrong - I STILL get made fun of for that. "Yea dude, it's my last one, take it".

I took one drag, and up came all that irish car bomb curdling, the jager, the jameson, the guiness, the pringles, everything. I had been seated on the floor against a bed. It came from nowhere as the cigarette went into my mouth. I bullfrogged, and it started leaking. I decided I'd be valiant and release on my shirt.

Terrible terrible idea, in retrospect. But, then again, at least I'm welcome back there in the future.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" -Tom Waits

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

on more than one occassion I have managed to confine my vomit to one pocket of my jacket. It can then be tipped out at a convenient moment and cleaned using a proprietary scented spray
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

AntonArkydivich
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by AntonArkydivich »

Old place I had in Koreatown, Los Angeles area, we had a rule of no puking in the apartment, as the bathrooms were through bedrooms and people often didn't make it. As a result, the grass under our balcony died in an ever-growing half moon. By the time our lease was up, I'm sure it was past saving.
Making my own city lights out of bourbon and the stars of a barroom fight.
- Josh Ritter

Jordo!
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Jordo! »

I say, just puke.

Then, you have room for more booze.
Enjoy it. Destroy it.

givemesomepils
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by givemesomepils »

Jordo! wrote:I say, just puke.

but what about all the booze that is getting ejected out of it's home?

Jordo!
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Jordo! »

givemesomepils wrote:
Jordo! wrote:I say, just puke.

but what about all the booze that is getting ejected out of it's home?
If you're puking, the alcohol has already made it past the gut, into the blood, and past the blood brain barrier. Barf out the remaining useless mash and bile and then refill!

On the other hand, if it's just queasiness from the taste or mix, starting with an empty stomach is best anyway. Actually, its always best to drink on an empty stomach anyway...

Also, always good to keep some extra on hand.
Enjoy it. Destroy it.

givemesomepils
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by givemesomepils »

I don't know how it is in your case when you vomit, but for me it is usually just after a drink. so for me i think it makes a difference.
I have even vomited what I would guess was only beer with a small amount of stomach acid once just after finishing a couple of 40 oz's.

Someone gave me a tip, chewing peppermint gum when you feel you are about to vomit helps. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm going to try and remember the next time.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

givemesomepils wrote: Someone gave me a tip, chewing peppermint gum when you feel you are about to vomit helps. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm going to try and remember the next time.
It is impossible to vomit or cry when you have peppermint in your mouth. Scientific fact.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Thirsticus wrote:
givemesomepils wrote: Someone gave me a tip, chewing peppermint gum when you feel you are about to vomit helps. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm going to try and remember the next time.
It is impossible to vomit or cry when you have peppermint in your mouth. Scientific fact.
Is it like sneezing with your eyes open?
Drink!