Question regarding Charleston

This is where you let you can let it all hang out.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, One for the Frog, Frankennietzsche

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Question regarding Charleston

Post by oettinger »

If a muslim did this would it be called terrorism?
White people don`t terrorise, they are just racist and play funny drone games on their fancy new army consoles right?

And by the way I thought this random internet finding is very funny but apparently also very true:
A white person shoots up a movie theater and lives after confronting police
A Black person walks across the street and is murdered by police.
Drink!

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: Question regarding Charleston

Post by Mr. Viking »

questions need to be asked. Personal liberty is a good thing, but it means all others have it too, including those who have an abhorrent worldview. The true price of freedom is freedom, and if the country is happy to accept that mass shootings will continue to happen, nothing needs to be done. Seems pretty unfair to anybody whose life is taken. They got a very raw deal
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Mr. Viking wrote:questions need to be asked. Personal liberty is a good thing, but it means all others have it too, including those who have an abhorrent worldview. The true price of freedom is freedom, and if the country is happy to accept that mass shootings will continue to happen, nothing needs to be done. Seems pretty unfair to anybody whose life is taken. They got a very raw deal
Yep, you could qoute Charles Darwin on that one. Everytime I talk to punks about what real anarchy means they tell me something in this vain. They are so clueless.

But this is getting off topic, Muslim equals terror, drones equal needed international intervention, Breivik going nuts in Norway is just a random white christian idiot praising the crusades?
Anyone checked out what`s going on in Yemen yet? They will set up a mass-grave in front of Merkels office tomorrow, should be fun
Drink!

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

oettinger wrote:If a muslim did this would it be called terrorism?
White people don`t terrorise, they are just racist and play funny drone games on their fancy new army consoles right?

And by the way I thought this random internet finding is very funny but apparently also very true:
part 1: Muslims do this on a daily basis. They are all terrorists. All of them, even the "peaceful" ones, through their inaction.
If honkies started suicide bombing and killing innocent people in the mosque/church or market place EVERY DAY I would consider them terrorists.

part 2: I am white, I've had my run-ins with the law. I also realize that when confronted by legal authorities with mace and beating sticks and guns and shit with the legal right to use them, I cooperate.
cooperate = go gently to jail - possibly live
don't cooperate = go down hard/take a beating/get shot - possibly die
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Well, there are 5 million muslims living here. I don`t particularly like them, but I don`t care. No car bombs yet in this country, the only shooting was commited by a confused white christian pupil to my knowledege. "On a daily basis" seems to be streching things out then. And don`t compare our selfmade product of IS with the whole muslim population.
I think we won`t agree on this topic, so let us just drink. It`s called wine-ing and politics for a reason
Drink!

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

White people don`t terrorise,
Is it terrorism in regards to the public sentiment or officially? I've read several articles that have called it terrorism. As to what this 'person' is charged with, we will have to wait and see.
Timmothy McVeigh is considered, was charged and executed as a terrorist. His co-hort is still in prison for terrorism. Although "terrorism" is not really a legal charge/term.
oettinger wrote:And by the way I thought this random internet finding is very funny but apparently also very true:
People who do shit like this want to survive and get caught and go to trial and become famous. It's the part after that that they don't think about and that is when the reality sinks in. That is why they always give prison confessions to the media. Also, the demographic for public mass shootings in a non-combat area are decidedly white males. Also, see the Belt-way snipers.
oettinger wrote:A Black person walks across the street and is murdered by police.

it wasn't quite that simple, but this (the incident in St Louis, I assume) was fucked up.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

Thirsticus wrote: part 1: Muslims do this on a daily basis. They are all terrorists. All of them, even the "peaceful" ones, through their inaction.
Man, that is such a fucked up, bigoted statement.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

frankennietzsche wrote:
Thirsticus wrote: part 1: Muslims do this on a daily basis. They are all terrorists. All of them, even the "peaceful" ones, through their inaction.
Man, that is such a fucked up, bigoted statement.
You're right. Probably one of the most un PC things I've ever wrote.
Oh well, here's another point of view about Charleston:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=82a_1434922674
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

They should have put this asshole down in a hail of gunfire for "resisting".

Every cop has a throw down gun for this type of situation.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Here is an editorial, from the 24th July 2015, issue of the "Broadsheet", British Newspaper "The Guardian", by Lindy West (a U.S. born citizen who has chose to live in the UK, which might help you understand.

If you want further information about the sort of "Institutional Racism" (of the sort that had British Police Forces scoured from top to bottom, in an attempt to rid ourselves of the same sort of "Institutional Racism " (to some degree of success), click here.

Of course, it is hard for us Brits to point the finger, when you consider the heinous gaffes that have been made by H.R.H The Duke of Edinburgh, A.K.A. Philip, the Queen's Consort (it got so bad, that he isn't allowed out of the country, unless muzzled (a la Hannibal Lector) and heavily sedated, these days).
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Jordo!
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Jordo! »

Tim McVeigh was considered a terrorist. So was Ted Kaczynski.

But what's in a name? If it will wake people up to the very real problem of racism (and -- gasp -- maybe have some re-thinks on real gun regulation in the US), they can call the shooter "Lil Hitler" for all I care.

On that note, given today's broad usage of the term "terrorism", the entire Confederate army would be regarded as domestic terrorists...

So, about that whole "rebel" flag thing. Yeahhh, as President Obama noted: Belongs in a museum.

Anyway, a terrible, terrible tragedy.
Enjoy it. Destroy it.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Racism is gaining ground here in germany again also. You have to wonder: Was it really gone?
Especially in eastern germany where unemployment asks for a quick and easy target.
But they get a really big nod from the folks of our leading "christian" party, espeacially from bavaria, another reason for me to dislike that region of this country.
It`s not only stupid skinheads jumping the wagon, it`s the so called middle of society that is showing it`s ugly face.
Mass media is doing their disgusting part in it, knowingly or by just being stupid, too.
Drink!

Jordo!
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Jordo! »

oettinger wrote:Racism is gaining ground here in germany again also. You have to wonder: Was it really gone?
Especially in eastern germany where unemployment asks for a quick and easy target.
But they get a really big nod from the folks of our leading "christian" party, espeacially from bavaria, another reason for me to dislike that region of this country.
It`s not only stupid skinheads jumping the wagon, it`s the so called middle of society that is showing it`s ugly face.
Mass media is doing their disgusting part in it, knowingly or by just being stupid, too.
I've heard that... there's a sot of new National Front party in the UK too (can't recall what they are calling themselves), or so it seems... and the Brits went Tory in the last election, which was a bit surprising to me (but, I'm a dumb Ammurrican, so what do i know?)

While in the US, its clearly an ongoing fear of a "non-white world" by frightened, racist kooks, in the EU its potentially a broader (although, related) problem.

Currently (overly?) popular social-religious scholar Reza Aslan recently argued that all of this rampant racism cropping up in the EU was a kind of "backlash" against efforts to both hold the EU together and also do things like, well, function as an actual union, which requires relaxing one's ideas about national identity vs. international identity and also doing things like caring for refugees without taking a "not my problem -- they're not our people" stance.

He's probably right.

That means there is or will be be nationalist groups of jingoistic wing nuts popping up all over... that's usually quite bad. All you need is some nation to start facilitating/supporting civil wars which, if won, would result in the ostensibly divided nation being virtually annexed by another, and we're slowly strolling our way towards the first great war, as allies find themselves getting involved.

Oh wait... that is happening, isn't it.

I'll be under the bed with some vodka.
Last edited by Jordo! on Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enjoy it. Destroy it.

Jordo!
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Jordo! »

Mr. Viking wrote:questions need to be asked. Personal liberty is a good thing, but it means all others have it too, including those who have an abhorrent worldview. The true price of freedom is freedom, and if the country is happy to accept that mass shootings will continue to happen, nothing needs to be done. Seems pretty unfair to anybody whose life is taken. They got a very raw deal
Last I checked, according to most reliable polling, a majority of Americans do actually want some degree of actual gun regulation (i.e., close up "straw purchases, "back-alley" gun show buys, require some degree of actual training, monitoring, and tracking before anything is obtained, etc.), but the sheer power of the NRA (to say nothing of the travesty that is Citizens United, making $$$ = votes in an unprecedented way in the US) clamp that shit down with maniacal self-righteousness.

In short, no one wants their email monitored, but no one also really wants guns to be so easily obtained. A gun in every "good man's" hand is just a crazy idea by a highly vocal minority of people.

There's good research on this -- most common defensive gun use: Holding it to feel safe, not foiling villains or preventing attacks.

But... 2nd Amendment.... Clearly states the purpose is to maintain an active militia, which the Supreme Court said was an irrelevancy. So there's zero verbiage in the 2nd amendment about protecting one's own life and property, whereas there is explicit language about militia service, but instead we interpret the 2nd amendment to be more in keeping with the former than the latter... why is that again?

Where do malefactors get guns? Like everyone else, they buy ones made and sold to consumers -- you can't make guns in the bathtub -- contrary to the silly "if you outlaw guns" argument.

An armed society is a polite society. Oh, you mean like a time in US history known as the "Polite and Peaceful West"?

If everyone had more guns, these tragedies could be avoided. And yet, one person with a gun can keep a whole police force occupied all day. Also, without training and regulating, at best you'd have a free for all of bullets flying everywhere... that's much more likely than not to result in more bodies, not fewer.

There's so many guns everywhere, how can we ever do anything? Yeah, there's microbes everywhere, yet we strive to develop inoculations, gradually making the disease less and less of a public health concern, and humans don't mass produce and sell new microbes on a daily basis.

More people die in bathtubs! Should we outlaw bathtubs? Well, you can't walk into a church with a concealed bathtub and drown everyone very easily.

A determined person will kill you with anything -- a knife, a hammer! Those items have purposes other than maiming and killing, which is the ONLY thing a gun can do. You can't open letters or fix a shelf very well with a gun. Also, if the determined will seek your life given any means necessary, why make it easier for them by making it so easy to obtain mass quantities of guns and ammo?

I could go on, but you get the idea...
Enjoy it. Destroy it.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Again stupid germany is at he helm of destroying europe with it`s stubborn take on economics.
This time it`s against the first free elected lefty party of europe in greece.
To make an exemple of it they strangle it to death with impossible demands.
This picture is sadly the truth:
From left to right:
Merkel, our "christian" chancellor. Schäuble, our minister of finances. Shouting "go ahead!". Christine Lagarde head of the IMF, saying "Then there will be money again" and Mr. Juncker, president of the European Commision, an undemocraticly elected organiztion with too much word in everything.
Syriza is the name of said greek left party.
They don`t want equal stuff come up in spain or portugal, rather go the obey and do our orders right wing shit in the rest of europe.
Drink!