What Kind of Drunk are You!

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Palinka (RIP)

What Kind of Drunk are You!

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Important (and both well-funded and well-attended) new research from the University of Missouri-Columbia, ab out 42% of the inebriated population are “Hemingways”, who can, as the man himself claimed, “drink hells any amount of whiskey without getting drunk",  20% are “Nutty Professors”, introverts who become extroverts; 23% are “Mr Hydes”, who become vile; and 15% are Edwardian nannies (i.e. "Mary Poppinses”, the nice drunks who remain friendly and cooperative until just before they fall unconscious).

To find out more about this fascinating and vital study, just click here.

Enjoy whilst being educated!
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: What Kind of Drunk are You!

Post by shawnonious »

Nutty Professor reporting in
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" -Tom Waits

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

No room for us Injuns?

Harrumph.

I say unto thee, verily, that many of us have leanred to be conducive to those who do not blow cannonballs at our arrows.

Just dpont makke me angry.

So, yes, indeed,e consideser me to be a nanny bro, ill-forgotten bastighde child of that damen evil witch who landed here in her black umbrella floaty thing.

Until I drank tooo much

Ahem

Black Robes.

Just sauin'

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

No room for the reasonable, calm obnoxious asshole drunk?

Well Hemingways then
Drink!

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

I am all of these and none, have you started following astrology P?
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Mr. Viking wrote:...have you started following astrology P?
Great Booze, No!

I was just pointing out the important (and both well-funded and well-attended) new research from the University of Missouri-Columbia. If only you were still at university, you too could be engaged in this area of vital studies.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

they should avoid leading questions in research questionnaires
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

oldsmartskunk
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by oldsmartskunk »

Screw that i am Friedrich Nietze when i drink and when don't i am Hemingway with a limp dick and death wish...

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

oldsmartskunk wrote:Screw that i am Friedrich Nietze when i drink and when don't i am Hemingway with a limp dick and death wish...
Don`t worry, next semester they will do a study about limp dicks on suicide watch
Drink!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Half Hemingway and half Nutty Professor.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

oettinger wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:06 pm
No room for the reasonable, calm obnoxious asshole drunk?
That's me more or less!

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

I'm a proud Edwardian nanny.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

This is the perfect thread for it,
I don`t follow twitter n stuff but came across this ten year challange gay crap.

Q: Did your drinking behaviour change over the last ten years?
Drink!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

It was a little over ten years ago that I discovered boxed wine, so my drinking hasn't changed that much except that I now drink more. It seems like I remember I could get a box to last almost a month back than, but now I have to get a box every two weeks. (During the summer, anyway. In winter I drink more whiskey.)

But I used to frequent expensive lounges and scene places back around 2003 to 2006. No more. That damb near killed me. I would drive home from them, never getting a DUI until the night I got one. And then all the low-balance fees in my bank account. And the dressing to impress. I'm glad all of that shit is gone now.

I would like to have a setup like Patchez, where I have all kinds of bartending stuff to mix drinks and all different kinds of booze. But I guess I'm all right with a cheap box of wine or a cheap bottle of whiskey. If I had to get up and mix drinks I'd just make a mess anyway. Since I never have company in here, I don't have to stock up on different liquors to make drinks for guests.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Hugh wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:08 pm
It was a little over ten years ago that I discovered boxed wine, so my drinking hasn't changed that much except that I now drink more. It seems like I remember I could get a box to last almost a month back than, but now I have to get a box every two weeks. (During the summer, anyway. In winter I drink more whiskey.)

But I used to frequent expensive lounges and scene places back around 2003 to 2006. No more. That damb near killed me. I would drive home from them, never getting a DUI until the night I got one. And then all the low-balance fees in my bank account. And the dressing to impress. I'm glad all of that shit is gone now.

I would like to have a setup like Patchez, where I have all kinds of bartending stuff to mix drinks and all different kinds of booze. But I guess I'm all right with a cheap box of wine or a cheap bottle of whiskey. If I had to get up and mix drinks I'd just make a mess anyway. Since I never have company in here, I don't have to stock up on different liquors to make drinks for guests.
Stocking a bar like that just takes some time and a bit of restraint with the big ticket items. My bar ware was mostly picked up in lot boxes at auctions. Set yourself a low max price and walk if the bidding goes over that. Most of my shaker sets are $10 cheapies from Wally World or S-Mart.

The bottles were gathered over years of finding new recipes I wanted to try and picking up the ingredients. The restraint to stay out of them was basically making sure I had a handle of Evan and Castillo or other cheap rum and a 30 rack of Hamm's. Start with the good shit then shift gears to the cheap stuff as the endrunkening progresses.

I only have guests on 3 to 5 occasions all year. The rest are extended family even if it's the first time I met you in real life. Board Members and FB buddies. As for not having any guests so much the better. Most of the time those bottles and tools are used to indulge my drinking whimsy. Doing something wonderful booze wise for yourself is a necessity.

Take some time, build up your stock, and treat yourself!
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice