I have a bone to pick...

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Tarcek
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

I have a bone to pick...

Post by Tarcek »

Anyone ever looked at the ridicluous guidelines put up by the government about how much you 'should' drink? It gets worse when youre from oversees, lemme demonstrate.

my cousins wouldntshut up about it today. i have a bone to pick about govt health studies.

'Straya: 1.0oz of 80 proof = 1.0 'standard drinks'
'Merica: 1.5oz of 80 proof = 1.0 'standard drinks'

-or-

'Straya: 12.0oz of 5% beer = 1.4 'standard drinks'
'Merica: 12.0oz of 5% beer = 1.0 'standard drinks'.

straya: http://www.police.act.gov.au/~/media/ac ... h=190&as=1
merica: http://www.niaaa.nih.gov/sites/default/ ... r_web2.jpg

All places prettty much say '2 drinks per day only, or 4 on a special occassion!' if this shit was important it wouldnt be different all over the world, one more beer doesnt get bad for you because you cross a damn ocean.
So let me get this straight, if i drink ONE BEER im fine, but one more little bitty beer and my health is in danger? More than 2 shots of whiskey is deadly! stupid.

whoever wrote this shit never gone to a pub. if any of it was true me and my mates would all be on deaths doorstep.

I wanna know how much proper boozehounds like you guys drink a day, youre from all over the world.
im 2-5 beers on a weekday (work, undrunk, its awful ) and get rock it with a dozen or so shots on friday and saturday and sunday.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: I have a bone to pick...

Post by Patchez »

This is the very reason I gave up............reading.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Tarcek
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Tarcek »

...sorry. It's the result of wanting to whine about something after a few drinks. Lets just drink -more- instead :)

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I contemplated answering last night but figured I need to visit the oculist or drink even more.

To answer your question, I`m a weekend warrior. Between 4 and 6 six vodka bottles from friday through sunday. Just short of a gentlemans gallon I`d say.
For daily purposes search for Miklo, the greatest on duty drunk this board has to offer
Drink!

Casual Binger
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Casual Binger »

Like The Ottmeister, I'm a weekend drinker. And i tend to limit myself to evenings, at home at any rate. On Friday night i had four leftover Carlsbergs while preparing dinner, then after bathing the kids I went n bought a case of Sapporo, of which i drank eight. Yesterday I walked into town for "lunch" by myself n visited six pubs n had five scotch n sodas n seven beers, then had a sleep in the afternoon, then some more beer last night. I dunno how many, I didn't count. Probably not that many. There were five left this morning. So that makes... Nine.

Casual Binger
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Casual Binger »

Whoops! Left two beers in the freezer overnight, so then seven last night.

SKguy
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by SKguy »

The Saskatchewan government says liquor prices are so high is because they want to deter people from drinking.
My ass! Oh well, so it costs $35.75 for a 40 of rye.... I can handle that.

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

SKguy wrote:The Saskatchewan government says liquor prices are so high is because they want to deter people from drinking.
That's horseshit. If they said that they taxed it to pay for the medical and social expenses that the government had to pay the bill for, that too would be horseshit, but a little more honest. What it really is, is a sin tax and it is trying to tax morality into all of you heathen Saskatchewanians. They know what's better for you and they will shove it down your throat.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

Tarcek
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Tarcek »

SKguy wrote:The Saskatchewan government says liquor prices are so high is because they want to deter people from drinking.
My ass! Oh well, so it costs $35.75 for a 40 of rye.... I can handle that.
Bah, i know their pain. We're over-priced here as well - $35-$40AUD for a cheap bottle of 80-proof anything ($30 if you wanna really slum it). And ~$50 for a case of plain old beer.

It's a ploy towards prohibitionism, i say.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Tarcek wrote:$35-$40AUD for a cheap bottle of 80-proof anything ($30 if you wanna really slum it). And ~$50 for a case of plain old beer.
Holy shit! I'd have to get a second job. that didn't require undrunkenness
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by shawnonious »

I typically drink in the ballpark of 10 to 12 standard US drinks a night. One night it pushed thirty. The next morning was hell.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" -Tom Waits

AntonArkydivich
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by AntonArkydivich »

Yeah, I'd say I'm in that ballpark--10-12 a day, with parties or celebration (not weekends) being the exception. I usually start right when I wake up though, and never really get sloshed. I'm too tall, so when I get really drunk, my equilibrium goes. And I fall into shit.

So unless I'm staying wherever I'm drinking, or my friends/wife are around, I stay upright.
Making my own city lights out of bourbon and the stars of a barroom fight.
- Josh Ritter

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

What is this "government" you speak of?
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

oldsmartskunk
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by oldsmartskunk »

In my world there are no limits or loss, let's get drunk and do karaoke version of don't stop believing while riding on mechanical bull...Wait,, what?