It's a Lifestyle, Not a Disease

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

ADHD
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

It's a Lifestyle, Not a Disease

Post by ADHD »

10 Reasons Why I Love To Drink

10 Solitude.
The quiet hours of the night give rest to the chaos of the day filled with children’s cry’s and wife’s bitter caw’s.

9 Focus
Time to accomplish the things I said I’d do when undrunk, but only find time to do when the hours wane at night.

8 Clarity
Clear thinking time, no outside distraction to muddle the important thoughts that decide a man’s destiny.

7 Relaxation
A time to relax and let the stress of daily life melt away. You’re in your own zen zone when it’s just you and your favorite bottle, in your favorite glass, in your favorite chair. (Mine is at the kitchen table in my leather office style chair with more adjustments than the average power car seat.)

6 Love
Time to love yourself… Sounds quite self-serving, but think about it, if you don’t love yourself, who will? The time spent caring and loving others deserves the reward of a late night dram. This is just the hug needed to regain the inner love for one-self needed to carry on life in this dreary world.

5 Peace
Peace is found when all negative thought melts away. No better medium to achieve this state is found than at the bottom of a bottle of whiskey.

4 Time
Time is a precious commodity in today’s world, and most is sucked up by work and family (if you are bestowed the pleasure of both). The wee hours of the morn are the time we have to truly be ourselves when all others are not present.

3 Solitude
Much like the above, solitude is a long sought yet rarely met state of being. Peace and quiet are the cornerstones of solitude, and a high value of one’s own self worth make this state of being a pleasant place to be.

2 Stability
A stable person knows how each day will play itself out. Knowing that each hard day has it’s reward that the end makes the effort worth it. A person with a goal will invest the effort to ensure that the payoff is worth the time. A hard day’s work deserves a hard drink.

1 Reward
Reward ME, could it be any clearer? I am the one working to satisfy the demands of this world and my family, so I deserve a reward at the end of a hard day or week. Life is not meant to be lived slaving away with no reward, having a bottle of liquid gold at the end of the rainbow is motivation to keep trudging onward.

Tarcek
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Re: It's a Lifestyle, Not a Disease

Post by Tarcek »

"1 Reward
Reward ME, could it be any clearer? I am the one working to satisfy the demands of this world and my family, so I deserve a reward at the end of a hard day or week. Life is not meant to be lived slaving away with no reward, having a bottle of liquid gold at the end of the rainbow is motivation to keep trudging onward."

Sadly, there is a special breed of fascism in the world that wants you to believe that anything that makes you happy (a cup of coffee in the morning, a few drinks after work, a pack of cigarettes a day, sitting in front of the television for too long, standing up at the cash register for too long, sleeping too little, sleeping too much, drinking anything other than water, only drinking water and not drinking detox drinks, you eat too much, you eat too little, the food youre eating is suffucient but is wrong, you need to take all these medications, medications are bad for you you should try natural remedies, etc etc etc)...

They want you to believe there's something wrong with you, by telling you that any of the things that can make you happy have something wrong with them, and it tries to make them evil.

I think its disgusting. You only get one life, you should be enjoying it, you should be happy. Alcohol makes me happy, so fuck anyone who doesnt want me drinking it, government or otherwise.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Tarcek wrote:...Sadly, there is a special breed of fascism in the world that wants you to believe [...] there's something wrong with you [...]I think its disgusting...
I recently read a nice interview with some psychoanalytic. It dealt with the unproper use of the profession in the military (see torture) but he also touched this very topic: Today it is used to detect why an individual doesn`t fit the system, nothing more. Why does said person not work as planned in the machinery and so on...
It`s in german Psycho analytics as a weapon, if you are interested. I dunno how well google translate works though
Drink!

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

oettinger wrote:..I dunno how well google translate works though
Not as good as "Babel Fish"; which also, delightfully, is named after the animal at the heart of one of the best atheist joke in existance, within the sublime "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" collection.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Palinka wrote:
oettinger wrote:..I dunno how well google translate works though
Not as good as "Babel Fish"; which also, delightfully, is named after the animal at the heart of one of the best atheist joke in existance, within the sublime "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" collection.
Thanks for clarification. I`d put 10--1 into one reason, because I can.

A nice elaborate you wrote there, but needing a reason never crossed my mind.

I don`t want to sound harsh, to each his own, glad to have you around
Drink!

WhiskeyReb
Souse
Souse

Post by WhiskeyReb »

I like to drink. It relaxes me and is my personal little late night reward.

I don't usually get drunk (migraines and alcohol do NOT mix). I don't drink and drive. I don't get drunk and throw chairs. (I'm more likely to do that when undrunk if my team loses) But I like my drink most nights....maybe two.

I'm not an alcoholic. I could quit if I wanted to. I just don't want to.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

drinking didn't pick me, we just go well together
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Mr. Viking wrote:drinking didn't pick me, we just go well together

ODE TO IRELAND VIKINGS
(Drinking didn't pick me, we just go well together)

To the Well we go!
To Well, we’ll see
What’s in this Drunkard thing for me?

Dunna serve me Jack,
Don’t call me Jill,
I no more climb her soggy hill.

Across the ship’s bow,
Across the sea,
Our peat from here makes great whisky.

On Skype I may yack
I’m quite a pill,
No one DRINKS! more than me, but Bill.

Kill Bill!

Tarcek
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Tarcek »

mistah willies wrote:
Mr. Viking wrote:drinking didn't pick me, we just go well together

ODE TO IRELAND VIKINGS
(Drinking didn't pick me, we just go well together)

To the Well we go!
To Well, we’ll see
What’s in this Drunkard thing for me?

Dunna serve me Jack,
Don’t call me Jill,
I no more climb her soggy hill.

Across the ship’s bow,
Across the sea,
Our peat from here makes great whisky.

On Skype I may yack
I’m quite a pill,
No one DRINKS! more than me, but Bill.

Kill Bill!
I ACCEPT YOUR CHALLENGE.

Skål! Prost! Biba! Salut!
This new country whiskey is very gút!

I used to search, Sláinte and Santé, for a drink to quench my thristy heart!
Kippis! Kippis! Kippis! Gëzuar!
It found me first, hazzay, hazzar!