Third Shift, your neighbors will be impressed when they see

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Third Shift, your neighbors will be impressed when they

Post by coqui_chris »

Patchez wrote:I think earlier research into Third Shift was that it was a macro posing as a craft brew.

Yep. Coors Brewing makes it.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/306/87749/
Coors is a Union Buster. Don't drink that shit. The Workin' Man loses every time we buy a Coors
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

I agree. I try to never buy macros simply because most of them suck swamp balls. However one does find themselves lacking funds, so needs must when the Devil drives. I usually go to the Hamm's 30 pack when shopping for cheap, get the job done right beers.

Why I mentioned it was made by Coors was to let folks know that is a macro being dressed up to pass for a craft beer. Clearly a devious advertising turd dropped by an unscrupulous, tyrannical, money worshiping, whore of Babylon, type corporate shit pit.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

Patchez wrote:I agree. I try to never buy macros simply because most of them suck swamp balls. However one does find themselves lacking funds, so needs must when the Devil drives. I usually go to the Hamm's 30 pack when shopping for cheap, get the job done right beers.

Why I mentioned it was made by Coors was to let folks know that is a macro being dressed up to pass for a craft beer. Clearly a devious advertising turd dropped by an unscrupulous, tyrannical, money worshiping, whore of Babylon, type corporate shit pit.
Point taken. Microbrews to Macros is of course Apples to Oranges. I've been going with Hamms myself.

Also, Dick Yuengling is the epitome of the man born on third base who thinks he hit a triple. Lionshead Brewer is a Union Shop.
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Need to research Fat Tire and this fucking tasty Newcastle but Maybe not becasue the stuff tsatses
tastes damne fine now.

Need to typoe with one finger now

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Patchez wrote:Yep. My neighbors probably think I'm the most awesome drinker in the world. I work third shift and can often be seen drinking my first or second drink while standing with my Grandson waiting for the bus. Sometime they'll see me haul the empties to the recycling bin around 10 or 11 AM. Half a dozen beers and any fifth or handle that was killed. I usually raise a glass or bottle in return to their self righteously raised eyebrow. Bite me. It's not even my midnite yet.

Drink up!
Yeah, it's tough dealing with the haters, when you keep vampire hours. I'm like, what the fuckever, folks. At least WE don't bring the cops down the street. (did I mention that my neighborhood has gone down the tubes these last few years?)
like tears in rain

Bubblez
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Bubblez »

I too am a night walker. Stop by a local one the way home sometimes, other times I am waiting for the bus with my little one as well. I also live in the country and my closest neighbor works construction, so as I drink one waiting for the bus I salute him with my drinks and smile. Then the unrepentant shit does the same to me from his back yard as i trudge off to work in the evening. It's a nice 24 hour cycle here in the Pigeon hills.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Hey Bubz, how's tricks ya Pigeon Hillbilly?

Ready for the Erie trip?

Bubblez
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Bubblez »

Patchez wrote:Hey Bubz, how's tricks ya Pigeon Hillbilly?

Ready for the Erie trip?

Not even close to ready. I still need waders. Paying for them in my size will put a serious dent in the booze fund. Although with enough hootch in me I might try wet wading. Although in Erie..in October. What can we mix up that will act as antifreeze?
What would you rather do—leave a beautiful corpse, or a scorched Earth? Don’t live fast and die young. Live long and die hard.¸

—Sarah Szabo

I'm all for a scorched Earth policy. -- Me

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Moonshine. I still have some of the rye stuff left. Palinka can attest to it's ability to poison anyone enough to not care about the cold... or anything else.

As for waders I got a sweet set of stocking foot/felt bottom boots at Cabela's in West By God on the way home from Columbus. Bargin cave. Under $125.

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by shawnonious »

I'm not known as what I am, maybe unfortunately? I buy my booze between a grocery store and a massive liquor store (Known as Randall's to you St Louis area folks). I rarely get the same cashier.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" -Tom Waits

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by shawnonious »

coqui_chris wrote:
Patchez wrote:I think earlier research into Third Shift was that it was a macro posing as a craft brew.

Coors is a Union Buster. Don't drink that shit. The Workin' Man loses every time we buy a Coors
I'm a Budweiser guy for my daily drinking beer (along with Stag). However, if Unions are really important to you (this ain't the political forum, let's not discuss it), might I suggest Mickey's? Every bottle has "Proudly Union Made" on the side.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" -Tom Waits

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

brandonman wrote:
coqui_chris wrote:

I'm a Budweiser guy for my daily drinking beer (along with Stag). However, if Unions are really important to you (this ain't the political forum, let's not discuss it), might I suggest Mickey's? Every bottle has "Proudly Union Made" on the side.

Yet another reason to like the Bumble Bee.