Celebrate life, not death!

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Celebrate life, not death!

Post by Resident Asshole »

The last year or two it seems like this board had focused on those who have passed and/or are passing. While my heart does go out for them and I am sorry for their loss on all accounts, I must say that I think we would do them a disservice to dwell on the bad.

Personally I want a keg of Guinness and lots of liquor at my funeral, I doubt that the fallen would feel much differently. I would even hazard to guess that the fading participation here on the board is due to the somber mood. So drink to those fallen, grab the devil by his hair and sail down the shining silver sea of life!
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Re: Celebrate life, not death!

Post by Smatter Noguts »

To do my part, I plan on being on a field close to Breslin Center in your neck of the woods at 10:30 a.m. tomorrow, stinking fucking drunk.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

These posts are right on target, yup

got me black rum and pbr

Ya know, my Lady's b-day was yesterday. I asked her what she wanted for a gift, a while ago, and when she told me, I was like, "Holy heeeit. No way!"

She enrolled in hunter safety course, then I got her the license. She has four tags: 1 Bear, 2 deer, one moose.

She asked me for a used 30.06

I got her a brand new Browning.

Damn fine Lady, yessah

Resident Asshole

Post by Resident Asshole »

Haha, my wife's birthday was yesterday too! On point sir. And that is a fine gift. My wife has a .380 Sig and a Mossberg 500 shotgun, but we really need to add a rifle to our repertoire as I only have a .22 rifle. I'm getting her a remote start on her car since winter is approaching.

BTW, my wife just turned 41 (don't tell her I said anything haha), how about yours?
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

GSG
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by GSG »

Got to be honest, the idea of guns perturbs me slightly, but if I ever visit the States I'd love to have a go.

As it is, I will have to make do with shooting this vodka instead.

Cheers!
"Spiny norman wins on the bizzare terror stakes, if you haven't been stared at by a 40-foot hedgehog, you haven't lived." - Saltandgin

"Every time you don't get loaded, the terrorists win." - massivedrunk

WWDJFD?

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Resident Asshole wrote:Haha, my wife's birthday was yesterday too! On point sir. And that is a fine gift. My wife has a .380 Sig and a Mossberg 500 shotgun, but we really need to add a rifle to our repertoire as I only have a .22 rifle. I'm getting her a remote start on her car since winter is approaching.

BTW, my wife just turned 41 (don't tell her I said anything haha), how about yours?

You be a young buck! we are in our fifties.

Her second choice was a 300, but let's start her off easy.

no behind the ear shot on a moose. begin with a behind the front leg, and only if you won't be chasing it down. That makes the meat taste like adrenaline. Blecch.

You have a fine Lady as well. good on you, young man

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

GinSoakedGirl wrote:Got to be honest, the idea of guns perturbs me slightly, but if I ever visit the States I'd love to have a go.

Cheers!
You are quite welcome to go on a hunt with us.

Vodka shooting is a great way to practise for hunting camp hehehe

GSG
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by GSG »

mistah willies wrote:
GinSoakedGirl wrote:Got to be honest, the idea of guns perturbs me slightly, but if I ever visit the States I'd love to have a go.

Cheers!
You are quite welcome to go on a hunt with us.

Vodka shooting is a great way to practise for hunting camp hehehe
Not sure I want to actually kill something, just fire a gun at something inanimate. I will definitely practise for it with the vodka with you though!
"Spiny norman wins on the bizzare terror stakes, if you haven't been stared at by a 40-foot hedgehog, you haven't lived." - Saltandgin

WWDJFD?

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

^ ^ 6

Very cool

Ya know, I have friends who hunt with a camera, while on a hunt. Of course, it is good to have someone nearby with proper necessities for protection during the moose "heat" season...

They get a bit wily

yup.

DRINK! to our little friend with the big heart.

GSG
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by GSG »

I'd LOVE to see a moose in real life! Aren't they about eight feet tall? Biggest thing we've got in the woods near my house is a badger.

WWDJFD?

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

When you call them in, and they appear, and they see you, and the start shaking their heads, getting ready to charge,

They look as big as a house. It's a hell of a rush. You have to have a point guard off to the side.

Or, aim for for the chest. Not the thick skull. Nope

Most times, just try to drop them after they turn side to you, because they see that you are not their "date" and off they go.

Apologies to you, young friend. They are magnificent creatures, must always be treated with due respect, especially after they have given up their lives for your dinner plate.

Never talk badly about anything you have put down. Always praise their spirit.

yup

Cheers!

Casual Binger
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Casual Binger »

Resident Asshole wrote:The last year or two it seems like this board had focused on those who have passed and/or are passing. While my heart does go out for them and I am sorry for their loss on all accounts, I must say that I think we would do them a disservice to dwell on the bad.

Personally I want a keg of Guinness and lots of liquor at my funeral, I doubt that the fallen would feel much differently. I would even hazard to guess that the fading participation here on the board is due to the somber mood. So drink to those fallen, grab the devil by his hair and sail down the shining silver sea of life!
Spot on! We're all dying, it's a precondition of living. My funeral is one party I don't have to plan. I hope it's later rather than sooner so my family is emotionally n financially secure, but a peaceful death trumps a painful life any day.

I reckon the fading participation is due to neglect of the drinking stories thread. Go back to the early days of that one n it's full of one off posts from randoms n they're mostly brilliant. I'd love to hear the details of what everyone got up to last night even if they just passed out in front of the TV, because if they did it in a different land to me then it's all unfamiliar n interesting. What brand of beer did you drink? How much did it cost? Where did you buy it? What was the person who sold it to you like? Did you eat snacks? What were they called? What colour packet did they come in? What was the weather like? I reckon take every bit of info you might put into every other thread n pour it into one long rambling post in drinking stories. Even if it's not a story to you, I'll read it n love it!

Casual Binger
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Casual Binger »

In fact I'll start...

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Up with the sentiment!
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Dale
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Dale »

You are right, Mr. R. Asshole.
I have to get more Booze from the gas station since it's Sunday and I have nothing left.
"What doesn't kill you makes you ... stranger."