Palinka?...

Where we pay homage to our honored dead.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Palinka?...

Post by mistah willies »

I'll be honest, he didn't have the best weekend. I was going to send out a message to everyone last night but I'm waiting for some news this morning.

We have to be prepared I'm afraid.

Alex

Man...

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Hello everyone,

I'm afraid the news today isn't great at all. Patrick had been doing really well over the weekend, turning his head to face people who were talking to him and even turning his head towards the tv. On Sunday they actually took his glasses into hospital so that he could see Dr Who on his tv.

But since then he's been much worse...

On Sunday he started fitting and then became much more unresponsive and also very restless.

I was going to write yesterday to bring you all up to date but things seemed to be moving fast and it was a very confusing picture - some very good news and some very bad news - and so I wanted to see how things turned out before contacting you. His parents had a meeting today with his doctors and I hoped that they would be able to clarify where Patrick was headed with his recover.

Tragically they have indeed clarified his situation. They have decided that he has lost all remaining cognitive function and so there is no point in treating him any more. He is being ejected from the ICU and put into a general neuro ward with the expectation that he will probably get pneumonia and die fairly quickly. They have no long term plans for what to do with him if he doesn't pass away soon.

I'm so sorry to be bringing you this news. I suppose we can hope that the stimulation of a general ward provokes some kind of obvious and undeniable response from Patrick so that they are forced to reconsider his condition but it is looking extremely bleak for him at this moment.

Send him you kindest thoughts at this time.

Best wishes

Alex

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

I have a terrible pit in my stomach. Please send updates a quickly and as often as is possible.
DRINK!

Veen
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Veen »

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

This. I've been following this my whole work weekend, I really want to keep up on his situation.

NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by NYDingbat »

And another thing - despite his long battle with cancer, surgeries and medications, Padraig still managed to drag his arse to the store and then the post office to purchase gifts for my Sainted nephew going through surgeries of his own. He's a special fella and if it's God's will he should leave us and not be sick any longer, I have prayed for a peaceful passing for our dear Padraig and strength for his family and friends.

This board will not be the same without him. He really was the glue that held this joint together.

God bless him.
"I don't start the day. I continue the night."
- mistah willies

"What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?"
- W.C. Fields

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Now is the time to consider something from an Injun.

Please,

Send good energy forth to our little friend (who has the fierce loyalty of a lion's heart) these things, and more...

...your recognition of his photogenic memory of every thing that was written on this board,

...your ball-busting-est memory of him attacking anyone he thought was a threat (he is ever vigilant and quite protective of us, here)

...your appreciation of the effort he has taken to elucidate us with his marvelous internet finds each time, as well as his own encyclopedic love for Star Trek and Dr. Who and Marvel comix...

...your own memories of DRINKing with such a fine Scot as is he, be it in person, or in chat, or on Skype...

...and let him know that he is a damn fine man.

he is still within our mortal coil.

he is still here on this earthly plane.

For now

up'chich g'nomial

taho

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

Dear Booze wrote:
Palinka wrote:...Remind me to post my recipe for a piss-easy, 20 minutes (cooking and prep time), as alcoholic as you like bouillabaisse (which will always impress the ladies); the back of the fridge omelette: the one hour (cooking and prep time) curry that can be made whilst utterly hammered (as long as there is someone around to keep you awake); the brandied confit de canard; and my renowned lamb chops - which, after the prep, can also, with a good ale (I recommend Theakston's Old Peculiar) be made into a stew...
Dear Booze wrote:Please start with the lamb chops. My favorite thing.
Palinka wrote:So, I shall. Give me a 12 hours (or so) to get my head together (remember that it is past 5am, here) and I will post the recipe.
I never got the recipe!
DRINK!

Bur

Post by Bur »

Many people knew him certainly new him longer and certainly better than I did, but I suppose I'll throw in my cent or two.

As Willies said he certainly had encyclopedic knowledge of most matters we discussed during numerous Skype calls and my short stay at his place during Christmas week. Discussion flowed so flawlessly through Roman history and it's peculiar characters,personal stories/experiences (and boy did he have colorful selection in that category) to comic books. I certainly haven't met someone I could get along as seamlessly in a quite a while.

He also was/is one of the most genuine and no-bullshit human beings I've had privilege of meeting. This indeed was most welcome change of pace in place of family drama with more fake smiles and indirect assholishness than average soap opera.

Not to mention with all of his burdens he still had so much to energy to commit to others is just a testament how much heart the man has.

Bur out.

oldsmartskunk
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by oldsmartskunk »

Poor old chap. I'm still rooting for him. Never give up hope! Now here's a toast to Palinka! May bacchus bring drinking dreams to his comatose brain!
Here is something he would appreciate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdUqcyxsyL8

Veen
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Veen »

Hahahaha. Thanks for that. I really needed a good laugh right now and that link definitely did it. I don't like to deal in favorites, but that is definitely one of my favorite movies, too.

Rev. Dead Corpse
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Rev. Dead Corpse »

This is what I get for allowing life to intrude into my Internet time....

Prayers for Palinka, kith, and kin...
<insert something profound here>

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

I didn't know how to respond to this when I first read about this. Now, several days later, all I can still manage is: FUCK! this is terrible.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

Veen
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Veen »

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that's roughly about what we're all thinking.

Dale
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Dale »

Come back.
"What doesn't kill you makes you ... stranger."

Dale

Post by Dale »