Palinka?...

Where we pay homage to our honored dead.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

GSG
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Palinka?...

Post by GSG »

I'm clutching at pretty tiny straws here, but if they're saying to leave it another week or two then they haven't written him off entirely just yet. Have to hope though...
"Spiny norman wins on the bizzare terror stakes, if you haven't been stared at by a 40-foot hedgehog, you haven't lived." - Saltandgin

"Every time you don't get loaded, the terrorists win." - massivedrunk

WWDJFD?

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

GinSoakedGirl wrote:I'm clutching at pretty tiny straws here, but if they're saying to leave it another week or two then they haven't written him off entirely just yet. Have to hope though...

My goodness. Yes, my dear, by no means should we begin to throw shovels of dirt on our friend just yet. I think that our messenger Alex is responding in such a manner because I asked for definitives in what he knew of P's prognosis, or outlook.

Apparently, Padraig will not be returning to our forum in any way, shape, or form. He is still alive, and that is a blessing in itself, truly.

Knowing P as I've come to, (albeit a very much shorter duration than the likes of many of ye) one would imagine him angrily stomping about, with tall glass in hand, spilling it all over his books and newspapers, shouting, "Get the fuck up and pour another drink! Make no fuss about me! I am having the best rush right now! The place is sunny, and the bar is open and free!"

Or something better intentioned. But ya know...

That is why we should do as we do best and continue raising a glass to him as often as we can. Right?

For those of you too drunk to read the previous page, here is the latest from Alex, P's childhood chum:
Hey man

Well I've asked if I can visit along with some of his old school friends and the consultant has said that we should wait at least another week or two before we think about friends seeing him.

If or when I get the OK I'll pass it on to you.

The other thing to consider is that Patrick has NOT been responsive or conscious in ANY way since having the fit last Sunday, and being kicked out of the ICU. He was doing well up until then, watching tv and looking into people's eyes etc, but he's really just a body in a bed right now so you might feel that flying intercontinental to see him would be of limited utility? It's possible that people's voices might help I suppose but nothing has worked for the last week.

So sorry for the discouragement.

Alex

Veen
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Veen »

I'm incredibly sorry to hear that news. I just got off from a horribly shitty 11 hour shift at work and was going to skip church today to mourn in private like I did last week. I think I'll force myself up to smoke/shit/shower/shave in time to attend now, though.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

"the doctors have very little idea whats wrong with him"
That still befuddles me.
Cancer or not, a coma doesn`t fit the script at all.

Veen, I`m not into religion by any means, but you might light a candle ok? Is that a catholic practice only? Dunno what church you attend.
Drink!

Veen
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Veen »

Episcopal. We're effectively Catholics that don't believe the pope is the one single human conduit to God. We also let our priests marry and procreate, and well there's a lot of other details. I have to go like literally right now. Just look up Episcopalianism. Either way I'm sending prayers and good wishes in general his way.

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Bluto »

Ah Fuck. This is horrible news. I'll be keeping Palinka in prayers.
Going to happy hour and not drinking is like going to an orgy and masturbating. You just took a great idea and turned it into a circle jerk. -Sixpack595

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Bluto wrote:Ah Fuck. This is horrible news. I'll be keeping Palinka in prayers.
The thing that freaks me out is knowing P. won`t let us lament things if he was with us right now. No prayers, no worries, just another huge shot. "Double that and then some" I hear him whispering Ben Kenobi style.
Drink!

One for the Frog
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by One for the Frog »

oettinger wrote:
The thing that freaks me out is knowing P. won`t let us lament things if he was with us right now. No prayers, no worries, just another huge shot. "Double that and then some" I hear him whispering Ben Kenobi style.
Yeah, he'd just say fuck off with the bullshit and drink

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Bluto »

One for the Frog wrote:
oettinger wrote:

Well, I've got that covered this weekend. A bit of good will goes out across the pond with every shot.
Going to happy hour and not drinking is like going to an orgy and masturbating. You just took a great idea and turned it into a circle jerk. -Sixpack595

oldsmartskunk
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by oldsmartskunk »

Let's drink to Palinka, our old wise forum moderator. While his body is with us, there's still hope! Bacchus bless his frontal lobe!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Bluto wrote:
One for the Frog wrote:
oettinger wrote: The thing that freaks me out is knowing P. won`t let us lament things if he was with us right now. No prayers, no worries, just another huge shot. "Double that and then some" I hear him whispering Ben Kenobi style.
Well, I've got that covered this weekend. A bit of good will goes out across the pond with every shot.
oldsmartskunk wrote:Let's drink to Palinka, our old wise forum moderator. While his body is with us, there's still hope! Bacchus bless his frontal lobe!
Well there you go. That's the spirit! DRINK! to Palinka.

Drink! to Drinking.

That is exact and precise.

Rev. Dead Corpse
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Rev. Dead Corpse »

mistah willies wrote: Well there you go. That's the spirit! DRINK! to Palinka.

Drink! to Drinking.

That is exact and precise.
I'll drink to that drinking of the drink for Palinka. I'll even toss a second after the first for him since I doubt they'd let us slip him something "extra" in his IV...

Still hoping for the best.
<insert something profound here>

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Any more updates?
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

peetie44 wrote:Any more updates?
Sorry, nothing so far.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

givemesomepils
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by givemesomepils »

well. hmm, don't have to much to say that others haven't. If i had a drink right now i would drink to palinka. hope he gets well.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." hunter s. thompson god rest his soul