how to raise the low the attendance here.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: how to raise the low the attendance here.

Post by Lush City »

Well, here's my take.
I originally started on this forum back in '08 under a different handle. I was an angry Wall St. financial market IT pro that had been canned after 25yrs. My first encounter was after doing a search on malt liquor. That brought me to an article on the website of my drunkard dreams. I decided to vent on the forums and traffic was big. You could put up a thread that said 'cough... choke...rasp' and generate 10 pages of back and forth blather by dozens of users. I'm not kidding. I really rattled cages with my posts and criticized people for being so unawares of a criminal and fraudulent banking system but gained a strong following. This ruffled tail feathers. Needless to say, I got banned.

I came back under a different id but Pali found out. I convinced him that I didn't want to be that angry profile anymore and gave me a chance. I did my best to add content but it seems the traffic waned. Don't know what it was but I have a hunch. In '08 folks were drinking and losing their minds over a financial system that was about to collapse. Since then the economy and banking system has been propped up to look healthy hence web site visitor fall off. We have to wait for the next and fatal collapse to increase traffic.
The old saying is when times are good people drink and when times are bad people drink more.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Lower cover charge, cheaper mixed drinks, less LushCity, more titties
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:Lower cover charge, cheaper mixed drinks, less Screwball, more dicks
Ehhhh really?????

Lushy, yes the next crash will be horrible/funny. That`s why BF is set up in his bunker already
Drink!

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Can we drink now...?
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:Lower cover charge, cheaper mixed drinks, less LushCity, more titties
Of course, Frank Zappa - Titties and beer
https://youtu.be/WzzWEeiUf3Y
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Bubblez
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Bubblez »

I know for most that money is an issue. however, buy one shirt, or hat. When people ask send them here. Payday and Imma get both the fez and the afrika corps hats.

If you are on boards anywhere else? use the MDM url as your signature. Or add it to your emails. throw it around like it was money and you're at the strip club with your winnings.
What would you rather do—leave a beautiful corpse, or a scorched Earth? Don’t live fast and die young. Live long and die hard.¸

—Sarah Szabo

I'm all for a scorched Earth policy. -- Me

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by whiskeyprick »

A wise man once said, "post, post drunk, post drunk often"
Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald

gede
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by gede »

people get pissed and come on here but not everyone can get pissed proper that often, simple

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

gede wrote:people get pissed and come on here but not everyone can get pissed proper that often, simple
As sad as it may be you speak true: one has to work a lot to after that enjoy long periods of getting drunk 24/7.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Mr Boozificator wrote:
gede wrote:people get pissed and come on here but not everyone can get pissed proper that often, simple
As sad as it may be you speak true: one has to work a lot to after that enjoy long periods of getting drunk 24/7.
Can we drink yet...?
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Yet?
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

gede
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by gede »

yep, sorry for the buzz kill. cheers!

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

maybe we need a happy hour?

"free nuts for every drinking customer"

please note that 1)nuts may or may not contain traces of nuts, 2)we do not claim responsibility for loss or injury due to the use of these nuts, please check for compatability before using. 3)Nuts are available as part of an ongoing promotion which we may end at any time without prior notice. 4)The nuts shall remain property of the establishment until payment for drinks has been received in full. 5)The nuts may be substituted for other snacks or legumes without prior notice. 5)Please note that the use of the nuts is limited entirely and without exception to paying drinkers and that this privelege may be withdrawn without argument at the discretion of the barman. 6)We take no responsibility for allergic reaction, choking, dislike of nuts or any other personal issue with nuts. Please check for compatability before taking up this offer. 7)Your statutory rights are not affected. 8)The nuts are a lie
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

^^^ Nr. 4 just scared some new members away

Nr. 6 is great "dislike for nuts"

You should add Nr. 9) You can download your own nuts online now
Drink!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Bubblez wrote:I know for most that money is an issue. however, buy one shirt, or hat. When people ask send them here. Payday and Imma get both the fez and the afrika corps hats.

If you are on boards anywhere else? use the MDM url as your signature. Or add it to your emails. throw it around like it was money and you're at the strip club with your winnings.
The problem is if you are on a no nonsense forum or email message that could spoil your credibility. Just sayin... That's why the magazine is delivered to your door in a brown paper wrapper...