What does your drink of the choice tell about you?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Re: What does your drink of the choice tell about you?

Post by whiskeyprick »

A couple Peebs, 2 whatever the plural Chivas is, My fine bottle of Howell Mountain Ladera Cab, my brother's Bud lights maybe 3, cooal stash Pber, and now a fridge stash Old Jubilation Ale. When in Rome, I roam.
Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

whiskeyprick wrote: When in Rome, I roam.
I always thought it was when in Rome, do as the Vandals.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

Patchez wrote:
whiskeyprick wrote: When in Rome, I roam.
I always thought it was when in Rome, do as the Vandals.
Love this.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

Dale
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Dale »

Since it's bitters these days I suppose it tells about me that I have become bitter.
And then bitters are healthy and good for your stomach and also taste good, so there life!
"What doesn't kill you makes you ... stranger."

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

The last of my Wild Turkey 101 says I may need to move to a new continent
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Mr. Viking wrote:The last of my Wild Turkey 101 says I may need to move to a new continent
My Basil Hayden's thinks alike. The Cognac just punched him in the stomach though...
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

There is sediment in my wild turkey. This tells me:
A) The cork is knackered or;
B) I threw up a little in the bottle.

I'll let you fine folks decide
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

I have now determined by precise methods, that it is in fact a shitty cork

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Bur wrote:I personally drink roughly everything, cause everything goes - apart from harming manatees.

But I'd it's cheap whisky in shots that really hits me the best. It's good drunk-to-buck ratio, leaves a decent burn and there's that certain 'rotgut' feel to it.

As per my choice I'm spontaneous and I'm committed to the cause, even though I may not be best at whatever at it.
Life is too short for cheap whiskey and the hangovers. My drinks say I'm an upscale sophisticated drunk and to hell with the rest of the world as it is burning to the ground. Muhahahahahhaha! I've finally gone mad!
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Bur »

Lush City wrote:
Bur wrote:I personally drink roughly everything, cause everything goes - apart from harming manatees.

But I'd it's cheap whisky in shots that really hits me the best. It's good drunk-to-buck ratio, leaves a decent burn and there's that certain 'rotgut' feel to it.

As per my choice I'm spontaneous and I'm committed to the cause, even though I may not be best at whatever at it.
Life is too short for cheap whiskey and the hangovers. My drinks say I'm an upscale sophisticated drunk and to hell with the rest of the world as it is burning to the ground. Muhahahahahhaha! I've finally gone mad!
Well you see mate, here everything is so friggin' over priced that you need to go for cheap stuff if you drink in volume. Unless you make like 5k+ a month.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Bur wrote:
Lush City wrote:

Well you see mate, here everything is so friggin' over priced that you need to go for cheap stuff if you drink in volume. Unless you make like 5k+ a month.
This, I call it a good month if I don`t have to steal cheap wine from the bums.

Infact I tried to become the greatest drunk in town but once saw a bum at 9:30 a.m. pourning some hard liquor into his wine. I knew the competition was stiff but that caught me off guard. Atleast judging by my cheap beer intake I`m the drunkest around the block
Drink!

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

oettinger wrote:

Infact I tried to become the greatest drunk in town but once saw a bum at 9:30 a.m. pourning some hard liquor into his wine. I knew the competition was stiff but that caught me off guard. Atleast judging by my cheap beer intake I`m the drunkest around the block
Real story from when I was 19 and a trainee bar tender:
On a clear December morning when the air cuts you lungs like whip, I was opening the bar and setting the winter terrace 06:15 and no birds in the trees. After I put the last table on the pavement I got the fear of my life when an old gentleman tapped on my shoulder.
-Uh, yes?
-Hi son, please prepare me some nice espresso.
-Well, uh yes sir, but you see the machine needs to be warmed up first, so this is going to take a while.
-Oh (with a grin I'll remember for ever), then just give me the Cognac that goes with it. No machine for that, right? And pour something for yourself, I want to hear a nice story from a youngster before I start working.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

That reminds of the greatest dive in town.
For breakfast they closed doors and we had some in-house beers n whisky.

Sleep was an option that was optional
Drink!