Boozing can always be your friend

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Tarcek
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Boozing can always be your friend

Post by Tarcek »

I knwo barely any of you even know me, but ive been here for a while, reading for most of the year, posting shit for some more...

Im here to tell anyone here whos new to booze hounding, drinking got me through some tough shit. Missing someone i love, even though theyre still here, but far away, and every night i was just depressed as shit, but booze let me have FUN, and feel GOOD, even through all the shit i could be happy. If i was undrunk i would have just been a depressing wreck of a man, and thats not right.

When youre drunk, you find it hard to care about the shit that happened today.

When youre drunk, the shit that happened a few weeks ago? A few months ago? Its still there, but youre okay with it. Youre smiling widely and sipping your lovely glass of bourbon.

When youre drunk, that stuff you still havent forgiven from years ago doesnt mean shit any more, and you become a better, more mature person.

Ill admit, youd eventually realize all this shit undrunk, but youd realize it through heartache and a sea of shit. Drink! DRINK! Just fucking drink, and let yourself be happy, and on the other side, AND YOU, whoever you are, whatever your shit is i PROMISE YOU when you get to the other side, youll stare into a glass of bourbon or beer and youll think... "You did it, my friend. Thanks for keeping me company."

Drinking isnt bad for you, its your best friend when shit is bad. Then when things are good, its your little buddy who pats you on the back and orders another round, a big fucking smile on its face, and you smile too.

I love you all.
PS: Im drunk now, and may be exaggerating slightly, but you get the point. I know with a fucking certainty most of you here probably get the point. Booze is for the GOOD times AND the bad.

TheDrunkardAnglo
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Re: Boozing can always be your friend

Post by TheDrunkardAnglo »

Cheers! One of our patrons Bukowski certainly shared these sentiments! He said he would have blown his brains out if it weren't for the sauuuuuuuce!
Major Strasser: What is your nationality?
Rick: I'm a drunkard.
Captain Renault: That makes Rick a citizen of the world.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Yep booze is also a friend of mine. Wait no, he is family!
Drink!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

oettinger wrote:Yep booze is also a friend of mine. Wait no, he is family!

I want a mug and a shot glass engraved with " The Booze is Family" a la The Saw is Family on Leatherfaces chainsaw.

Tarcek your sentiments are dead fucking on. Perfectly stated.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

oldsmartskunk
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by oldsmartskunk »

Actually i find that booze helps me to process my emotions so much faster. I broke up with my girlfriend of a long time on a new years even and guess what? Me and mate were having parties every day for two weeks. I have never felt sad, even for a single moment. Just content and happy even at those time's when i was staring into depth of a toilet or seeing a ground rapidly approaching before my eyes. Never felt bad afterwards. Yes, booze is a friend in need. Always there for you. Cheers!

WhiskeyReb
Souse
Souse

Post by WhiskeyReb »

Excellent wisdom, my drunk friend. Thanks for sharing. It's good to hear someone actually state that drinking during the hard times can make you more mature. That's the positive thinking that drinking while thinking can produce, and we need more of it !!!

SKguy
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by SKguy »

Drinking booze, even when you just get started and you start to feel a buzz is just the most blissful feeling ever. It's warm and tingly, and it's incredibly relaxing, and you feel as though everything is all right.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

SKguy wrote:Drinking booze, even when you just get started and you start to feel a buzz is just the most blissful feeling ever. It's warm and tingly, and it's incredibly relaxing, and you feel as though everything is all right.
Well written, indeed.

The idea is to keep the boat afloat upon the marvelous waves, and not sink, nor hit the shoals.

Avoid them Sirens at all costs!

Ya know,

and always continue to DRINK!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

mistah willies wrote:
SKguy wrote:Drinking booze, even when you just get started and you start to feel a buzz is just the most blissful feeling ever. It's warm and tingly, and it's incredibly relaxing, and you feel as though everything is all right.
Well written, indeed.

The idea is to keep the boat afloat upon the marvelous waves, and not sink, nor hit the shoals.

Avoid them Sirens at all costs!

Ya know,

and always continue to DRINK!
Sometimes you wake up on an island with one eyed giants. The order of the drunk then is to find out how the heck do giants get drunk and can I steal cup to bath in for a week - Odysseus
Drink!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

oettinger wrote: Sometimes you wake up on an island with one eyed giants. The order of the drunk then is to find out how the heck do giants get drunk and can I steal cup to bath in for a week - Odysseus
I would watch this movie, but don't let Hollywood get near the script.