New to The Board? Then introduce yourself here...

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: New to The Board? Then introduce yourself here...

Post by Patchez »

Gemini wrote:Hey, I'm drunk as fuck.

Hello!
This is a very good start! WEelcome aboard.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Gemini
Souse
Souse

Post by Gemini »

Hey Patchez, thanks for the reply.

Well I was so hammered it seems I neglected to inform myself of the netiquette in this fine establishment, and I did not offer everyone a drink.

Shame on me!

Let me correct my mistake. Drinks on me! I got whiskey, rum, beer, wine, whatever you're drinking, it's on me. Toast!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Welcome Gemini! Thank you for the beverage!

Hello friends of the Pub! I am not new but I haven't been on in a long time and would like to reintroduce myself. Not a big deal since I hadn't posted much previously. For various reasons and life altering events, I have been out of contact for a long while. Now that I am back and posting more, I would like to reintroduce myself. If you have any mysteries you need solving, don't hesitate to throw them my way.

So here's a round of drinks for everyone! It's great to be back! Cheers
!
Okole maluna!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Welcome back Sister good to see you well.

Gemini you are most welcome. I'll have a boiler maker with something expensive.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

That`s very cool Artful Drunktective.
Find this out please: Why does vodka rock?
Whatever you might find out post in the chasist please, thank you.
Drink!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
So here's a round of drinks for everyone! It's great to be back! Cheers!
Hello, welcome back. You are what this forum needs desperately. I love detective movies and who dunnit type shit. All I ask is you don't investigate my identity and my life history. I think we will get along just fine. Let us just frolic in anonymous cyberspace. Whatever, I need another round of vodka martinis and Longboard Lagers.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

You know, I leave for a week to that Niagara falls and come back, and we have new friends?

I think it is very good, and also, on another note, it's like the only time my team wins is when I am not watching them. I check in, and then they lose the ball to the other team. sometimes, Maybe checking the stats in the paper or the red zone highlights is the best way to view the game?

Hopefully I am not the jinx, the Schlepprock.

Anyway, welcome aboard you newly re-invented persons, I would like to pour a drink for those who would drink with someone as I am myself.

Cheers!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

mistah willies wrote:You know, I leave for a week to that Niagara falls and come back, and we have new friends?

I think it is very good, and also, on another note, it's like the only time my team wins is when I am not watching them. I check in, and then they lose the ball to the other team. sometimes, Maybe checking the stats in the paper or the red zone highlights is the best way to view the game?

Hopefully I am not the jinx, the Schlepprock.

Anyway, welcome aboard you newly re-invented persons, I would like to pour a drink for those who would drink with someone as I am myself.

Cheers!
You are not the jinx if your teams are the Buffalo Bills or the Buffalo Sabres. They are perpetually jinxed. And the upper state NY bar you recently visited borders Canadia, dude, please.
Okole maluna!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Artful Detective wrote:
You are not the jinx if your teams are the Buffalo Bills or the Buffalo Sabres. They are perpetually jinxed. And the upper state NY bar you recently visited borders Canadia, dude, please.[/quote]

Huh. You are quite detectiveous, in a drinking sort of way. Well met.

The morning version of me considers the dark one of me to be the jinx. Vise versa, because I am a man of many vices. Work being one of these, in all their forms and mixtures.

Ach, DRINK!

prodigalson
Souse
Souse

Post by prodigalson »

Footsteps in the hallway. The door opens partway and a head insinuates itself into the gap:

"Hello? -- oh..."

Seemingly reassured by the sight of a room full of drunks, the body propels itself through the open doorway, balancing the head perfectly atop it the whole way, a neat trick, except for everyone does it to a certain extent. Spotting the raised wooden platform at one end of the room, the stranger pulls a flask from an inside pocket, unscrews the cap, realizes he's in a bar and, loathe to waste the motion, tips the flask up anyway and takes a good swig before replacing the cap on the flask and the flask in the pocket. Tapping the mic, (which is off) he blows on it a couple of times, taps it again, gives it a couple of quick puffs and then, just as he decides it's not going to work and he needs to speak loudly, it comes back on:

"HELLO!"

Jesus Christ, that was loud.

"I TRIED TO (someone turns the mic down) find this place but somehow I missed it."

The guy at the table next to you says, "I've seen this guy before. He walked into "Drinking Stories" unannounced and started telling stories like that was the thing to do." The stranger continues:

"I must have been drinking. But at any rate, I'm here because a friend from a long time ago who now lives far away referenced this place and it looked like it fit like a warm fleece jacket on a twenty-below-zero night, so I came down to check it out. I'm Prodigalson...and not just randomly -- there's a story behind that and I'll get around to telling it eventually, if I remember...to tell it, not the story...but you'll probably have to remind me. Anyway, on the way down here, I found this (snaps a hundred-dollar bill in the air), so drinks are on me."

Order up.
Last edited by prodigalson on Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Welcome to the boards, Prodigalson. I'll have a Wondrous Punch, heavy on the dark rum, please.

If you enjoy drinking, drinking, writing and drinking, your old friend who lives far away did well by directing you here. Such is the foundation upon which this mansion of liquored insight is built. May your prose always flow like God's Good Scotch into the low-ball glass of life.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

prodigalson
Souse
Souse

Post by prodigalson »

As Ernest Hemingway never said, "Write drunk; edit undrunk," and I pay someone else to edit.

prodigalson
Souse
Souse

Post by prodigalson »

prodigalson wrote:As Ernest Hemingway never said, "Write drunk; edit undrunk," and I pay someone else to edit.
I see what you did there.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

prodigalson wrote:
prodigalson wrote:As Ernest Hemingway never said, "Write drunk; edit undrunk," and I pay someone else to edit.
I see what you did there.

Ahhh. The very word

s o b e r

and all of its iterations, have been banned (so to speak) by the Founder of this fine vessel. It's a M.O.D. and not a mod-erator that has done this.

Also, there is a certain ball-playing team that has been banned in this manner, and I dare you to find out which one.

That being said (well, written...)

Welcome aboard young sailor! Your fine stories are a great addition to the logs of the history of many fine Modern Drunkards who have participated here before many of us now.

Great treasures await you within the vast archives that this board keeps safe in its hold. Trust me, there are many fine readings that await your discovery.

Time here is well spent, with chalice in hand, as you peruse.

DRINK!

is our enjoyment, and our duty, praise Bacchus, etc etc <hiccup>

You appear to one of our kin, prodigalson.

Well met, indeed.

Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Welcome back Sir! Great story in the Story section.

Keep them coming.

I'll have a Hamm's and an Evan Williams boilermaker style.