Ask Savage

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Ask Savage

Post by Badfellow »

Me too. I miss her liquored-up late night ramblings. And the scent of bourbon mingled with cocoa.

Brownies with sea salt caramel topping.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

How you doing, baby?

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

FearNoBeer wrote:Dear Savage,

Why is U2 so popular? After all they´ve got a really boring, totally replaceable rhytm section (bass/drums), a guy who knows a couple of effects on a guitar and most of all, A REALLY POMPOUS, HYPOCRYTE ASS on vocals. All in all, they are a really boring, shitty band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2OQxma_1ps

Of course, my theory of the "major public" or the "big audience" has always been, that they´re clueless fuckers who just go with the flow...

By the way, CHEERS DRUNKARDS! It´s been a long time...

I agree FearNoBeer. I know it's been over 5 years since this question but the sad part is the fact that U2 is (mindbogglingly) STILL around. Adding irritation to their popularity is the hype given to them by the fans themselves. Those people out there who think U2 is the best band ever but if you ask them to name 10 songs by them, they can't.
Okole maluna!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Artful Drunktective wrote:

Why is U2 so popular? After all they´ve got a really boring, totally replaceable rhytm section (bass/drums), a guy who knows a couple of effects on a guitar and most of all, A REALLY POMPOUS, HYPOCRYTE ASS on vocals. All in all, they are a really boring, shitty band.

Of course, my theory of the "major public" or the "big audience" has always been, that they´re clueless fuckers who just go with the flow...

I agree FearNoBeer. I know it's been over 5 years since this question but the sad part is the fact that U2 is (mindbogglingly) STILL around. Adding irritation to their popularity is the hype given to them by the fans themselves. Those people out there who think U2 is the best band ever but if you ask them to name 10 songs by them, they can't.
I just fell in love with you. I loathe that stupid band.
If I somehow needed proof for god it would be U2`s and Bon Jovi`s private jets colliding mid air over the arctic ocean.

Any thoughts on this dear Lady S.?
Drink!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

oettinger wrote:
YellowRose wrote:

I just fell in love with you. I loathe that stupid band.
If I somehow needed proof for god it would be U2`s and Bon Jovi`s private jets colliding mid air over the arctic ocean.

Any thoughts on this dear Lady S.?
*blushes* I appreciate the love. <3
Arctic ocean...Pacific....Clear Lake, Iowa...colliding over any body of water would take me off agnostic status.
I'm not sure which is worse? The sad fact that I could name like, a hundred of their god awful songs or the fact that their "big audience" only know "With or Without You" and maybe "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For". :P
Okole maluna!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Dear Savage,

Will you please contact us and tell us how you are doing?

Yours truly,
Puzzled in Puzzledorf, WI.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Just got off the phone with our Dear Lady Savage, which means, that yes, she is still with us.

Thank goodness she has a powerful ally: her Marine husband Tom.

Many things going on, and it is not up to this here Modern Drunkard to go any further with those. Just know that I imparted to her our concern for her, and our love of her, as well as:

Where the hell is the Maker's Mark Cake Baker here?

*ahem*

Send good, drunkened, healing energy to the wild west.

Savage will post again.

DRINK!

Young The Giant song for her.

Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Thoughts, good vibes and plenty of bourbon headed her way.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Yeah Savage you gotta come back soon! Don't leave a sister hanging out in this drunken sausage fest alone!

Also sending positive and healing vibes your way!

But no really I love the sausage fest.
Wow...any way you go about it, that doesn't come out right. teehee!
Okole maluna!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Lady Savage,

It is now late August. Please give us a post.

All the best to you!
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Okay, I'm home now. Recently spent a dreary almost-week in the hospital. Yes, the food is even worse than one might imagine.

Good news, though. My daughter's wedding is coming soon. I WILL be there. We like this soon-to-be son-in-law. So all is good.
like tears in rain

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

SavageXmasJjelloshot wrote:Okay, I'm home now. Recently spent a dreary almost-week in the hospital. Yes, the food is even worse than one might imagine.
The booze there is bottom shelf too, unless you break into the lab for the high test vodka

SavageXmasJjelloshot wrote:Good news, though. My daughter's wedding is coming soon. I WILL be there. We like this soon-to-be son-in-law. So all is good.
Hell yes. Pure will power. Yup

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

SavageXmasJjelloshot wrote:Okay, I'm home now. Recently spent a dreary almost-week in the hospital. Yes, the food is even worse than one might imagine.

Good news, though. My daughter's wedding is coming soon. I WILL be there. We like this soon-to-be son-in-law. So all is good.
well the champagne and cake will taste all the sweeter. I take it there will be champagne and cake?
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Is he French?
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Rev. Dead Corpse
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Rev. Dead Corpse »

Yum... CAKE!

Amazing restorative powers in cake...
<insert something profound here>