Tops in Taps: Your Fave Current Tap Beers?

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Tops in Taps: Your Fave Current Tap Beers?

Post by Badfellow »

In my love for liquor, I sometimes loose sight of the simple beauty of a freshly drawn pint of beer sitting majestically upon the bar. Here's a few of my favorite taps as of late in 2016...

*Belhaven Scottish Ale - So smooth, malty and nitrogenated. 6 of these go down faster than an ass on a teflon slide. Yum.

*Hamm's - If you find a tap of Hamm's at a bar, pitch a tent and camp on it. Cheap, clean tasting, it's the beer refreshing.

*LaTrappe Trippel - Golden caramel and floral hops, this beer shines like 24k in a goblet. Made by guys who are seriously into God, but who believe the beer to be a divine gift and don't mind us getting happy drunk off their labors.

*Castle Danger Cream Ale/ Sociable Cider Works Dry Cider - Yes, how I spent many a summer hour hiding out in the air conditioning with a pint of this mix in hand. Both of the products are local, but given the proliferation of microbrew and cider, you should be able to find a combination in your backyard which will suit your taste. And it is tasty, tasty combination when done right.

Care to share any good taps you've encountered lately?
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Tops in Taps: Your Fave Current Tap Beers?

Post by Patchez »

Currently I have two favorites on tap when I can find them.

Cheap beer would be Gennessee Cream Ale. Smooth as silk and you can swill it by the gallon with only a small dent in the wallet.

If money isn't an issue and I can find it this far north, Cigar City Maduro. A brown ale that is more like a porter. Thick and bold, malty and toasty. Goes down like a hooker on dollar day.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Gall4185
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Gall4185 »

I'll go with my five standard picks

Deeside American Pale Ale: Nice blend of citrus and hops gives this a full flavour without being an ass kicker. Great for a post shift beer

Drygate Axman Rye: Nice and full bodied with a backbone of spice. makes a great boilermaker

Brewdog 5am Saint: My go-to beer for many years now

Brooklyn lager usually gets my attention,but it sits really heavy in my stomach so I only ever manage two or three before switching to spirits

Stone's arrogant bastard: usually only available in cans over here but on the rare occasion I've seen it on tap...by god

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Gall4185 wrote:I'll go with my five standard picks

Deeside American Pale Ale: Nice blend of citrus and hops gives this a full flavour without being an ass kicker. Great for a post shift beer

Drygate Axman Rye: Nice and full bodied with a backbone of spice. makes a great boilermaker

Brewdog 5am Saint: My go-to beer for many years now

Brooklyn lager usually gets my attention,but it sits really heavy in my stomach so I only ever manage two or three before switching to spirits

Stone's arrogant bastard: usually only available in cans over here but on the rare occasion I've seen it on tap...by god
If you can find the Oaked Arrogant Bastard.... holy fuck bubbles.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice