Binging

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, One for the Frog

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Binging

Post by Frankennietzsche »

Besides drinking, do you binge? Binge watch, read, listen, etcetera?

Can you sit down and watch all 6 seasons (edited; oops) of Sanford and Son? Or all of the Hobbit and LOTR movies in a row? Do you sit down over New Years and watch SyFy's Twilight ZOne marathon?

After you finish one book by an author, do you immediately start reading all of their books?

DO you put on all of the albums in chronological order of one bands on the hi fi and listen to them on repeat?

What's the haps?
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Binging

I can watch about 3 or 4 episodes of a tv show or a film and its sequel, in a row, before I need a change. The closest I ever got to binging on a show was watching 1 BTVS episode a night (someimtes 2 on the weekend) until I had finished the entire series. THis past sunday, some channel was having a Parks and Recreation marathon. I love this show and watched 4 episodes (30 minutes each.)

THe book thing, I can do, if they are a series. Probably because it takes more time. I did this last with LOTR and The Silmarillon. I don't like doing it with unrelated books by the same author.

I never have done this with music. I have listened to the same album or song over and over, until they are burned into my brain, though.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Shameless. I binged seasons 5 and 6 .

I can easily binge Firefly and Serenity in a day. In fact I've done it more than once and will hopefully do it on my deathbed. I want to draw my last breath as Sheppard Book draws his.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Once attended a Lotr "watch-party". I was already drunk when it started and annoyed the fuckin hell out the others 15 mins into the first movie. I think they stopped the whole thing and got drunk themselves.
Other than that I`ve never tried something similar, but I do know that watching sports for 5 ours plus is kind of difficult
Drink!

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

I did it with Breaking Bad. I never watched the show before it ended. But once it did, I was curious about all the hype. So the wife and I sat down to kill an hour. Then it turned into two hours. Then three, four, five... the weekend was gone. Every night of the following week was gone too. I would show up to work dragging ass because I had stayed up too late the night before. I confided in a few co-workers about what was going on and I began to get sleepy, knowing nods as I staggered to my office every morning. Hell, I was part of a god dammed underground Breaking Bad Binge Watching Club. Apparently, it was a pretty common thing at the time.

Done it a couple time since then too. But, so far, nothing has compared to Breaking Bad.
Last edited by Dear Booze on Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DRINK!

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

A few years back some people at work were talking about The Walking Dead. I had just signed up for Netflix and it was a shitty cold winter weekend and I was stocked up on beer booze and pizza rolls so I started the series early Saturday and ended up watching the first two seasons that weekend. By Sunday night I was hearing noises and cleaning my guns, this close to boarding up the windows. Every noise was a ZOMBIE. Luckily I heard they move slower in the winter.
Netflix is my bane, as I've also binged: Breaking Bad, IASIP, Arrested Development, House of Cards, Shameless, and Peaky Blinders. Right now I'm in the middle of Hell on Wheels.
Books, I've done Piers Anthony's Incarnations of Immortality a couple times, And most of the Discworld series from Pratchett.
Also I've had drunk weekends of Monster Magnets complete chronological discography more times than I care to count.
You see, I am a lazy drunk on weekends and I've come to terms with it. Blame it on the weather.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:18 pm
A few years back some people at work were talking about The Walking Dead. I had just signed up for Netflix and it was a shitty cold winter weekend and I was stocked up on beer booze and pizza rolls so I started the series early Saturday and ended up watching the first two seasons that weekend. By Sunday night I was hearing noises and cleaning my guns, this close to boarding up the windows. Every noise was a ZOMBIE. Luckily I heard they move slower in the winter.
Netflix is my bane, as I've also binged: Breaking Bad, IASIP, Arrested Development, House of Cards, Shameless, and Peaky Blinders. Right now I'm in the middle of Hell on Wheels.
Books, I've done Piers Anthony's Incarnations of Immortality a couple times, And most of the Discworld series from Pratchett.
Also I've had drunk weekends of Monster Magnets complete chronological discography more times than I care to count.
You see, I am a lazy drunk on weekends and I've come to terms with it. Blame it on the weather.
I also did Arrested Development and The Walking Dead. But FUCK! TWD is still in production and I'm committed. So every few months, I have to wait around for a new half season to be released. And for me, the jury is still out on that Fear The Walking Dead bullshit. I want to like it, but I hate a couple of the characters and really want them to die.
DRINK!

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

I have noticed that, in previous seasons, The Walking Dead, actually works better watched in marathon. Especially in those seasons taht everyone says is slow. (I noticed this in the season that they were at the farm.)

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Uhhh. Yeah, The Farm...

On a separate note, why do they have so many Brits and Down Underers playing southern Americans? Please don't tell me that it's only because Brits and Aussies can actually read... a script?

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by whiskeyprick »

While waiting for the 2nd half of this season, binged "Fear of.." and got hooked. Tonight bingin the "Santa Clara Diet" and it is some damn twisted funny zombie comedy shit. Love my new roku!
Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

whiskeyprick wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:15 am
While waiting for the 2nd half of this season, binged "Fear of.." and got hooked. Tonight bingin the "Santa Clara Diet" and it is some damn twisted funny zombie comedy shit. Love my new roku!
I saw the diet show on Netflix or on demand, did not know it was zombie related. I'll check it out.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I remember recording every game of the 2002 soccer world cup on VHS with my brother.
Will trade for empty ashtray. PM if not interested, high demand.
Drink!

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by whiskeyprick »

Patchez wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:49 pm
whiskeyprick wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:15 am
I saw the diet show on Netflix or on demand, did not know it was zombie related. I'll check it out.
actually it's Santa Clarita Diet, more of a dark comedy. Who knew there were some many saints in Caii?
Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald

hereforthebeer
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by hereforthebeer »

Yes i binge watch sometimes.

Netflix is the continuously on tap stream of choice.

I binge watched House of Cards, like 4-5 episodes a day until i'd watch it all couldn't get enough of it.
Breaking bad - i binge watched like 3-4 episodes on average a day...

I am such a terrible binge watcher... i even found star treck the next generation, something i haven't watched since i was a kid 20 years ago recently on netflix and started to develop the habit of 2 a day ; until i come to my senses 4 days into the binge.

*hereforthebeer is in no way affiliated to netflix.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Lately I've been going through a few episodes a night of Count Duckula. Such a weird cartoon. I remember it being on Nickelodeon when I was a kid. Wish I could find more than the first season on U.S. region DVD.