Another Solo Mission - Drinking alone? Post here!

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Palinka (RIP)

Re: Drinking Alone

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

You'll go blind, you dirty little bleeder!

"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Shot Time
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Another Solo Mission

Post by Shot Time »

I woke up this morning and needed a beer. This is not an unusual thing, however this morning I specifically planned on drinking as much beer as my stomach would hold, put on Spotify, and rattle the bars of this cell until the guards came and punished me with a Klingon pain stick. So far, so good.

Much has been written about "The Art of Drinking Alone" - as Frank famously put it. However I think drinking alone is a kind of Rorschach test and so each person should take the time to make sense of the various shapes themselves. So here I am.

There are currently 8 high gravity double IPAs in my fridge, and half a bottle of Whistlepig bourbon; my cordless headphones are charged, and I'm now climbing through the caverns of myself like a drunker spelunker. What will I find?

It's early. I've been pouring the IPAs into my gullet at a steady clip. Water on the rock so to speak. As a gentle warm wave takes over my extremities, my thoughts meander like a river carving out a canyon. The future, the past, it's all erased in front of me on this blank page. I think of old friends, time passed, mistakes made, accomplishments sitting on the shelves like books I read once and pretended to understand.

Not much is needed, but my foray is a bit too technological for my tastes: Bluetooth headphones, battery packs, laptops, vacuum sealed tumblers...none of this shit was needed 10 years ago when I first discovered this place. And so this time we have Spotify instead of an old iPod, and the song remains the same.

One more IPA into the breach. I know they're trendy but I can't help but love them...maybe I've developed a palette in spite of myself? I always fashioned myself a High Life guy. Yet as these citrus notes effervesce and sit like memory foam on my tongue, I wonder what I've been missing? Some things I'm glad are gone, others I wish would stay.

Eventually I will crest and any sort of crack in the world's armor will disappear. I'll wake up fully clothed on my couch - a full glass of water my girlfriend left for me when she came home from work left stagnant on the coffee table. She smiles as she goes to work, and I'm reminded that some things I never want to disappear - especially my stock of IPAs.
Use to be cool

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Another Solo Mission

Post by peetie44 »

YEAHHHHHhhhhhhhh, baby!

CHEERS!
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Well played. Cheers Sir.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I just started my solo mission to mars
Drink!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Shot Time said "drunken spelunking". I like that. I have done that literally and now figuratively.
Okole maluna!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Solo mission = seemingly always the only lady drunkard.

Me always
Okole maluna!

Shot Time

Post by Shot Time »

I don't remember writing this. Fucking wagon got me shortly thereafter
Use to be cool

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Shot Time wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:26 pm
I don't remember writing this. Fucking wagon got me shortly thereafter
If it makes you feel better, I don`t remember replying to it either
Drink!

Shot Time

Post by Shot Time »

Haha awesome. Luckily the wagon wasn't German engineered so it fell apart and here I am. Drank about 13 or so beers by myself last night. Gf came home from work and asked if I was drunk. Told her na just a little bit not undrunk. Good times.
Use to be cool

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

Beer has it's place. As an appetizer.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Sammy wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:31 pm
Beer has it's place. As an appetizer.
Good ol booznik had it the opposite way. Get shitfaced on hooch first and then maintain your buzz with beer, strange he?
Drink!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Ah! Here's the thread I"m looking for. solo drunks. That's us. A dark apartment, blinds down, door locked, armpits stinking.

I'm delighted that you don't like drinking trendy IPA, but drink it anyway. I don't drink IPA at all. If I drink beer, it's Bud. But usually it's Franzia. But the point is, were on a solo mission. Our booze and nothing else. That's the mark of a true drunk.

Wanna try for an even higher level of bliss? Turn all the lights off, grab a half pint of Ancient Age and recline on a ratty old sofa. The twist cap on the bottle keeps you from spilling it in the dark. And since the bottle is plastic, you can throw it across the room without breaking it and stepping in the chards the next morning.

I"m new on this board, but I don't think it sucks too much.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Hey - somebody unlock that Bender Defined thread. At least let me give it a thumbs up. Written by a real drunk.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Hugh wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:26 am
And since the bottle is plastic, you can throw it across the room without breaking it and stepping in the chards the next morning.

But might hit something that can break. Done it too often.
Hugh wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:32 am
Hey - somebody unlock that Bender Defined thread. At least let me give it a thumbs up. Written by a real drunk.
It is locked? Seems a Palinka (rest his soul) thing. He had his reasons. I`ll have a look at it anyway.

Hey and nice to have you around, solo missles with no point of direction are always welcomed
Drink!