Places to Avoid

Where you like to get loaded, and why.

Moderators: Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar

User avatar
Casual Binger
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders
Posts: 387
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:19 pm
Location: NSW, Australia

Re: Places to Avoid

Post by Casual Binger » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:12 am

The Port Office Hotel in Brisbane. It's what used to be called a yuppie pub. OK, so it's got a good selection, but I ordered an Oban neat n a schooner of Little Creatures Pale Ale n it cost me $25! I figure this must have been $15 for the whiskey n $10 for the beer. Considering I bought a Caol Ila at Malt for "only" $13, there's nothing about that price that isn't robbery. Presumably it's catering for the sorts of people who like to overspend in order to impress expensive whores or something.

User avatar
mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Posts: 6280
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:48 pm
Location: A ship upon the vast ocean of the Mighty MDM
Contact:

Re: Places to Avoid

Post by mistah willies » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:21 pm

Yuppies!


Man, they used to run amok and show off their fancy little collars,

and they are the ones who became the NIMBYies. As in: never do anything to stop environmental devour,


...except to say, "I don't care what you do. Just give me enough water to let me have a green lawn in my backyard."


nancies.

User avatar
oettinger
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed
Posts: 9193
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:23 am

Re: Places to Avoid

Post by oettinger » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:00 am

mistah willies wrote:Yuppies!


Man, they used to run amok and show off their fancy little collars,

and they are the ones who became the NIMBYies. As in: never do anything to stop environmental devour,


...except to say, "I don't care what you do. Just give me enough water to let me have a green lawn in my backyard."


nancies.
American Psycho -Business Card Scene

Btt, my homebar sadly, vodka vodka vodka, but plenty and cheap
Is it just me or did the boxed bumwine cork a little bit?
Image

User avatar
oettinger
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed
Posts: 9193
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:23 am

Re: Places to Avoid

Post by oettinger » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:18 am

nanthtommas wrote:I began to interested in drinking and I think I would have been of concern. Please keep the update. thank you.
The "new members to avoid" thread is somewhere else. Go check it out, we keep it updated
Is it just me or did the boxed bumwine cork a little bit?
Image

binnacledon
Tippler
Tippler
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:18 pm

Re: Places to Avoid

Post by binnacledon » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:21 pm

Please suggest some good ones

User avatar
oettinger
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed
Posts: 9193
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:23 am

Re: Places to Avoid

Post by oettinger » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:37 am

binnacledon wrote:Please suggest some good ones
No, you first bot-man
Is it just me or did the boxed bumwine cork a little bit?
Image

User avatar
DivaBitch
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders
Posts: 469
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:26 pm
Location: Nunya

Re: Places to Avoid

Post by DivaBitch » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:08 am

heres a place to stay awway from in Cinncnati called The four Corners Bar on Findlay & Race st. We fell into this place by misteak a cuople of yearsago while visitting in ohio. very ghetto and dark place lots of hip hop wannbe ganster types carry guns.we were 3 white girls dressed casuual. we was hasseled from the beginning. One of the girls got drunk (she's EZ) and almost got jumped by 3 of them. Stay away from here.
"If it feels good do it again, if it still feels good you're doing it right"
Image Image

User avatar
ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie
Posts: 12121
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:35 pm
Location: Xenia
Contact:

Re: Places to Avoid

Post by ThirstyDrunk » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:17 pm

DivaBitch wrote:heres a place to stay awway from in Cinncnati called The four Corners Bar on Findlay & Race st.
I know that place. That's in the Over the Rhine area of Cincy, which is consistently in the top 10 neighborhoods to avoid in America. But they're trying to clean it up, nowadays it ain't so bad unless you get off the main roads. Actually they just drove most of the murders and robberies into the Price Hill area.
Rhinegeist brewery is right around the corner, you should have went there, it's a pretty good brewpub if you can stand the hipsters.
To be fair, I'm drunker than you.

User avatar
DivaBitch
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders
Posts: 469
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:26 pm
Location: Nunya

Re: Places to Avoid

Post by DivaBitch » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:43 am

ThirstyDrunk wrote:
DivaBitch wrote:heres a place to stay awway from in Cinncnati called The four Corners Bar on Findlay & Race st.
I know that place. That's in the Over the Rhine area of Cincy, which is consistently in the top 10 neighborhoods to avoid in America. But they're trying to clean it up, nowadays it ain't so bad unless you get off the main roads. Actually they just drove most of the murders and robberies into the Price Hill area.
Rhinegeist brewery is right around the corner, you should have went there, it's a pretty good brewpub if you can stand the hipsters.
no need to go back we amost got killed dead ther
"If it feels good do it again, if it still feels good you're doing it right"
Image Image

User avatar
DivaBitch
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders
Posts: 469
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:26 pm
Location: Nunya

Re: Places to Avoid

Post by DivaBitch » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:17 am

ThirstyDrunk wrote:
DivaBitch wrote:heres a place to stay awway from in Cinncnati called The four Corners Bar on Findlay & Race st.
I know that place. That's in the Over the Rhine area of Cincy, which is consistently in the top 10 neighborhoods to avoid in America. But they're trying to clean it up, nowadays it ain't so bad unless you get off the main roads. Actually they just drove most of the murders and robberies into the Price Hill area.
Rhinegeist brewery is right around the corner, you should have went there, it's a pretty good brewpub if you can stand the hipsters.
were wer yuo a cuople of years ago when we went there..........a big strong man lik yuo cuold have saved us
"If it feels good do it again, if it still feels good you're doing it right"
Image Image

User avatar
oettinger
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed
Posts: 9193
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:23 am

Re: Places to Avoid

Post by oettinger » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:28 pm

My wqedding
Is it just me or did the boxed bumwine cork a little bit?
Image

User avatar
Artful Drunktective
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Posts: 2144
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:00 pm
Location: Yautja Prime

Re: Places to Avoid

Post by Artful Drunktective » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:30 pm

The trunk of Dear Booze's Beamer, Coupe de Ville, Lebaron, etc...
How can it be so cold in here? It's like Greenland in here. We've got to get some booze. It's the only solution to this intense cold. Something's got to be done. We can't go on like this. - Withnail

Image

User avatar
Dear Booze
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed
Posts: 1770
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:01 pm

Re: Places to Avoid

Post by Dear Booze » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:21 pm

Lush's Lair, the latest late night speakeasy. The proprietor gets a little "handsie" with patrons ascending the sprial starcase which leads to a private upstairs lounge and roofie dispensary.
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a drunk man tortilla chips, Velveeta and a hair dryer and he has nachos.

User avatar
Artful Drunktective
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Posts: 2144
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:00 pm
Location: Yautja Prime

Re: Places to Avoid

Post by Artful Drunktective » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:05 pm

Dear Booze wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:21 pm
Lush's Lair, the latest late night speakeasy. The proprietor gets a little "handsie" with patrons ascending the sprial starcase which leads to a private upstairs lounge and roofie dispensary.
Why would I avoid it if there's a roofie dispensary on the upstairs lounge!?
How can it be so cold in here? It's like Greenland in here. We've got to get some booze. It's the only solution to this intense cold. Something's got to be done. We can't go on like this. - Withnail

Image

User avatar
oettinger
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed
Posts: 9193
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:23 am

Re: Places to Avoid

Post by oettinger » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:10 am

Artful Detective wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:05 pm
Dear Booze wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:21 pm
Lush's Lair, the latest late night speakeasy. The proprietor gets a little "handsie" with patrons ascending the sprial starcase which leads to a private upstairs lounge and roofie dispensary.
Why would I avoid it if there's a roofie dispensary on the upstairs lounge!?
Really, DB is a regular, he wants the good stuff for his own
Is it just me or did the boxed bumwine cork a little bit?
Image

Post Reply