Another Solo Mission - Drinking alone? Post here!

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: Another Solo Mission

Post by Hugh »

Saturday night and gulping the wine alone. Solo drinkers speak up! This is our thread. You know they want to send us to rehab and lock us up, don't you? To them, there's nothing worse than somebody alone in a room, under a dim yellow light, downing glass after glass. They think we're disturbed. I think they don't know where to find bliss.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

This is why we skype
Drink!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

You never drink alone when you have drunks to Skype in a shit load of time zones!
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

No no no. I don't want to see your faces and you goddamb sure don't want to see mine.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Fess up you solo drinking losers! You're sitting there watching YouTube music videos with all of those good looking, well dressed models/singers and you're wishing you were one of them and that you belonged and were beloved. Give it up you fucking sots! You're sitting alone in a room drinking while the rest of the world is out there living life! Some asshole left us a message board on drunkard.com and that's all we get.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

My piss smells like chemicals. It's something in those goddambed canned foods. They're putting something in those can liners. Why can't they make all canned foods with a pull top tab? I can't operate a can opener after 10 PM.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

CVS Drugstore has its own generic booze line called Gran Legacy. Whiskey, vodka, rum, whatever you want. Cheap, poisonous shit. I don't know what the hell the deal is with their so called American whiskey - it is distilled in the state of Kentucky - but for some reason they can't put the word "bourbon' on the label. If I'm not mistaken the only requirement to use the word bourbon is that is it distilled in Kentucky and it doesn't have rat poison in it. Damb I've got a headache right now.

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

Hugh wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:21 am
If I'm not mistaken the only requirement to use the word bourbon is that is it distilled in Kentucky and it doesn't have rat poison in it. Damb I've got a headache right now.
I think it needs to be distilled in Franklin County to be legit Bourbon but the rules are strange. I had a friend, who is a liquor distributer, place a bottle in front of me labelled "Single Malt American Whisky". It was good but I thought it was just bourbon with a fancy name. He got pissed and said it was Scotch. I asked how the fuck could it be Scotch when Scotch is made from barley smoked in peat from Scotland's peat bogs? The conversation didn't end well.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Solo drinker (NON-SKYPE) checking in! First glass of Vella Delicious Blush poured at 5:30 P.M. Windows closed to block neighbor's televisions and blinds down. Gonna be scribbling poetry and checking the Solo Mission for fellow recluses. Gotta be at work early tomorrow A.M. so can't stay up much past 2.

Where the fook are you guys? Let's drink up!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Hugh wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:41 pm
Solo drinker (NON-SKYPE) checking in! First glass of Vella Delicious Blush poured at 5:30 P.M. Windows closed to block neighbor's televisions and blinds down. Gonna be scribbling poetry and checking the Solo Mission for fellow recluses. Gotta be at work early tomorrow A.M. so can't stay up much past 2.

Where the fook are you guys? Let's drink up!
Fellow recluse drinking solo here. Can't really remember the earlier part of my day. Windows are also closed to block out sunlight, people, and all other outdoor nuisances.

I also do a lot of scribbling but then can't read my own writing after the fact. But when I do, it's funny.
Okole maluna!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Should it be a violation of the Code of Conduct for solo drinkers at home to watch YouTube music videos? Especially if it's pop music videos?

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Hugh wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:27 pm
Should it be a violation of the Code of Conduct for solo drinkers at home to watch YouTube music videos? Especially if it's pop music videos?
It's a requirement for solo drinkers to watch YouTube. Especially pop music videos. Please share what you watch in The Chasist or The Chasist Part II
Okole maluna!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Perhaps it is - and should be - a requirement for solo drunks to watch YouTube music videos. But why the hell do they give me the same guilty feeling of running my mouth in a bar the night before?

Nearly every one of my Saturday or Sunday diary entries are complaints to myself about watching stupid music videos. But as long as I'm staying out of bars I should be happy.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Heh - I've already achieved the rank of "booze head" and I just found this place...

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

"Most users ever online was 255 on Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:41 am"

That would have been 8:41 in the morning for the USA east coasters. What would 255 drunks have been doing on line at that time, over a decade ago - and where are they now? AA meetings?

That was dangerously close to Christmastime when the fake drunks would have been sipping at booze, trying to let their hair down.