Another Solo Mission - Drinking alone? Post here!

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: Another Solo Mission

Post by Hugh »

Saturday night solo drunkard crew checking in! Wine is the order of the night tonight - that goddamb vodka bottle is getting sent to the San Diego sewage treatment plant.

Checked out Aimless Love from the library today - a collection of poems by Billy Collins. He writes of his academic and artsy lifestyle (trips to Europe, visits to museums, his students, a general life of leisure) so I intend to sit here tonight as a working class poet and take potshots at him like I do all my betters as I get drunk and pound out semi-coherent poems on my laptop.

What are you solitary drinkers gulping down tonight?

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

If you want to enjoy vodka, then you have to mix with something. I usually go with three fingers vodka, plus three finger Ocean Spray Cran-Pomagranate Mix, with a splash of OJ. If you can substitute the Cran-Pom with Cran-Blueberry it's even more awesome.

But for now I'm drinking cheap whiskey and cheap beer.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Beer and whiskey - yes! Cheap - yes!

Do you remember Meister Brau? That used to be my beer in the early 90's. Then it disappeared - but I found Steel Reserve 211. But when I compared the cheap beer to the price of Bud, I found there wasn't much difference, so now I get Bud whenever it is beer night.

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

Yeah, Meister Brau. I remember that, along with a lot of other unmentionables. But now I drink PBR. It's $14.99/30 pack here and that's great at 50 cents a can. I back that up with LTD Canadian Whiskey at $18/1.75 L and I'm good with that. Plus the LTD often comes with a $5 rebate coupon for just buying one 1.75L, periodically. I have one out there now. Takes a while to get the check but they always pay. I think I must get at least $100/year back in liquor coupon rebates. For vodka, I drink Fleischmann's. Drink their gin too, unless I'm into splurging at a bar. Then I'll only drink Bombay. Fleischmann's is another distiller that is great with rebates, especially around the Holidays. I'm sure they've got me in their "drunkard" file! LOL!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

WTF? rebates from booze bottles? How have i missed that? I just automatically get down and look at the bottom shelf for the generic no-name booze to save my meager wages. I wouldn't mind drinking something nice, but I frankly don't know if I have enough gumption to mail in a rebate card.

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

They exist but they disappear quickly. People pocket them and then scam other people's addresses for the rebate because you're only allowed one per household. You have be a regular to get your share

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Well Sammy - it looks like you and I are the only solitary drinkers tonight. Perhaps all of our fellow drunkards all went out tonight. Probably even showered. Probably even put on clean clothes. Who knows - maybe even those goddamb elitists wiped their ass before heading out for the night. Bah. Who needs 'em!

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

Well, I've been in drunkard chat Huge until some Dude in Germany who can't work his computer fucked me up.

But yeah, we're alone, except for the two hours I spent at a friends house earlier watching his Granddaughter smear cake all over herself.

I keep asking why but never get any answers. I probably never will.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Meister Brau, Fleischmanns, it`s amazing how many german names float around there in the states. Sammy, I think the guys in chat are skandinavian.
Cheers Hahn Solos
Drink!

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

Hey you Krauts, along with the Slavics, started this alcohol thing. I'm deeply indebted to you and your forefathers for that!

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

Hugh wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:07 pm
Well Sammy - it looks like you and I are the only solitary drinkers tonight. Perhaps all of our fellow drunkards all went out tonight. Probably even showered. Probably even put on clean clothes. Who knows - maybe even those goddamb elitists wiped their ass before heading out for the night. Bah. Who needs 'em!
i will start the west coast skype shift in about 30 minutes.
DRINK!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Dear Booze wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:01 pm
Hugh wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:07 pm
i will start the west coast skype shift in about 30 minutes.
Is Dick Eagles gunna be there?
Okole maluna!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

somebody died on facebook, all of my facebook friends are wailing and moaning. I'm going to have to hang out over here tonight.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

I can't place the dead guy, but i'm sure i've seen him. Neatly trimmed gray hair and freshly pressed and laundered clothes. Everybody says he told great stories. Probably means he was a windbag who bored the shit out of everybody.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Thank drink I`m not on shitbook.
My father sadly never said: Keep your friends close, keep your drinking game closer
Drink!