So! Who else has made really bad decisions this month?

That's right. You can put them right here.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

waahoohah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/ ... a_flag.png

So! Who else has made really bad decisions this month?

Post by waahoohah »

Me? I'm doing this crap again:
https://nanowrimo.org

...and im 35000 words in, and I hate my brain and thinking and keyboards and most of all this GODDAMN story, but I am (NOT I'm, break that shit into two words!) too far in to quit! At this point, I MUST WIN.
And I hate it. I want nothing more than to be stupid again.
"Beginner's luck is only possible if you try."

-Lee Harvey Oswald

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: So! Who else has made really bad decisions this month?

Post by mistah willies »

I tried that once, but it took away from my drinking practise. That's what I'm trying to perfect. Truly.

I used to easily fill a notebook with adjectives, like a morning dump. These days, I find brevity is a skill to master. Select the finest hops and grains and yeast and....

Mmm. Drink. That's a good idea.

This month, my bad decision was to think. I get a headache from that business.

Cuts into my drinking time.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

You should, like, totally watch more TV.

My favorite show is Ow! My Balls! starring Hormel Chavez.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

My Ape-ologies, waahoohah. I was wrong to answer in such a manner as I did, to an honest question about writing. Here's a small chug of black ink (rum) in return for forgiveness from Erato, our shared muse. Never piss off the muse...

Here's my two cents, and allow or dismiss these giblets as you will.

I think that the reason you queried this community is simply because this unique Island of FKR’s holds a collective of solid drinkers who each possess an interesting personality, and they write with a lot of thought and great wit, and for enjoyment. That is the best reason to write, wouldn’t you agree? It’s friggin fun, yup.

Perhaps Lovely Miss Ethyl is to be blamed, and enjoyed for loosening up the mental gears, letting it out easier.

With Nanowrimo, it is a solid idea. Write 50K words. It gets the gears working. I tried it a few years ago and found two things, which are these:

1. I set a time aside each day to do that thing I really enjoy, other than drinking or carnality, for pure enjoyment of dancing with the muse. Heavenly, when it is not forced. Remember those times when the short story writes itself, and you are along for the ride, because your characters drive the tale? Exquisite. That’s a good buzz.

2. You will discover the propensity of the mindset of the Hack to deliver word count, and that can take the fun out of writing creatively. It becomes a job with a deadline. For me, I enjoy the personally-set deadline, because it forces me to participate in something that most folks will regard as self-indulgent. I used to have something written for each weekend. It got me to do it, and I had a routine I enjoyed. Writing is from where the some of the best ideas originate, and from there, things are invented and created, and utilized. Jules Verne wrote about fantastic things that eventually became real.

3. Nanowrimo is an opportunity to write stream of consciousness, as in let it flow, no editing, no looking up at the screen, just get it out. Save the editing for after such a jam session, and remember that there's always December to do the rewriting.

It'ss an opportunity to drive ahead at 100 MPH, no looking back. Explore the edges of your own mental landscape, inside your head, your memories; the things that make you: You.

I'd sometimes discover something that unnerved me as I was writing it. That, there, is the most curious, most interesting thing that can happen. It takes guts, and booze to chase that rabbit there. That’s why DRINK! is a useful tool.

"A writer writes. Always." (Throw Momma From The Train)

Cheers and Bacchus help ye

waahoohah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by waahoohah »

mistah willies wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:29 pm
My Ape-ologies, waahoohah. I was wrong to answer in such a manner as I did, to an honest question about writing. Here's a small chug of black ink (rum) in return for forgiveness from Erato, our shared muse. Never piss off the muse...

Here's my two cents, and allow or dismiss these giblets as you will.

I think that the reason you queried this community is simply because this unique Island of FKR’s holds a collective of solid drinkers who each possess an interesting personality, and they write with a lot of thought and great wit, and for enjoyment. That is the best reason to write, wouldn’t you agree? It’s friggin fun, yup.

Perhaps Lovely Miss Ethyl is to be blamed, and enjoyed for loosening up the mental gears, letting it out easier.

With Nanowrimo, it is a solid idea. Write 50K words. It gets the gears working. I tried it a few years ago and found two things, which are these:

1. I set a time aside each day to do that thing I really enjoy, other than drinking or carnality, for pure enjoyment of dancing with the muse. Heavenly, when it is not forced. Remember those times when the short story writes itself, and you are along for the ride, because your characters drive the tale? Exquisite. That’s a good buzz.

2. You will discover the propensity of the mindset of the Hack to deliver word count, and that can take the fun out of writing creatively. It becomes a job with a deadline. For me, I enjoy the personally-set deadline, because it forces me to participate in something that most folks will regard as self-indulgent. I used to have something written for each weekend. It got me to do it, and I had a routine I enjoyed. Writing is from where the some of the best ideas originate, and from there, things are invented and created, and utilized. Jules Verne wrote about fantastic things that eventually became real.

3. Nanowrimo is an opportunity to write stream of consciousness, as in let it flow, no editing, no looking up at the screen, just get it out. Save the editing for after such a jam session, and remember that there's always December to do the rewriting.

It'ss an opportunity to drive ahead at 100 MPH, no looking back. Explore the edges of your own mental landscape, inside your head, your memories; the things that make you: You.

I'd sometimes discover something that unnerved me as I was writing it. That, there, is the most curious, most interesting thing that can happen. It takes guts, and booze to chase that rabbit there. That’s why DRINK! is a useful tool.

"A writer writes. Always." (Throw Momma From The Train)

Cheers and Bacchus help ye
Wow. Seriously, wow! All I can say is, wow! I never expected such a reply. Of course, I stumbled off and never saw it until it was too late, but I am at 42.5K and climbing. So I've got that going for me. Which is nice.
Movie references aside, you give good damned advice. Anyone else reading this who is stupid enough to try this next year, LISTEN.

If I take one thing and only one thing from this whole thing, at least I know that in order to create, I need structure. On weekdays, I do this: I get up, write, eat, go to work, come home from work, eat, write, and sleep. Repeat until Saturday. Weekends? everything goes to hell. The rest of this week will be a challenge for sure, but one I know I will power through.

-Lee Harvey Oswald

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

Decisions are for pussies. Don't decide. Just DO IT!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

You'd better listen to him. He has a shotgun.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Sammy wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:27 pm
Decisions are for pussies. Don't decide. Just DO IT!
Okole maluna!

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

waahoohah wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:12 am
at least I know that in order to create, I need structure. On weekdays, I do this: I get up, write, eat, go to work, come home from work, eat, write, and sleep. Repeat until Saturday. Weekends? everything goes to hell. The rest of this week will be a challenge for sure, but one I know I will power through.
Did you forget the part about drinking?
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

I made a really bad decision about 40 years ago, and here I am.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Sammy wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:10 pm
I made a really bad decision about 40 years ago, and here I am.
My folks made a bad mistake over 50 years ago, and here I am. No, ladies and gentlemen, condoms are not like underwear. You can't get two uses out of them simply by turning them inside out.

waahoohah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by waahoohah »

Unnessc, unn, unwanted UPDATE:
Got my 50K! Haven't touched the damn story since. Had 2 computers die on me. Saving up noe\w\\\\\\w for a real maching.

-Lee Harvey Oswald

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

waahoohah wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:45 pm
Got my 50K!
No way! For realz? Lets see, 50k must look like this:

KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

I bet that feels good. Congrats!
Drink!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

oettinger wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:44 am
waahoohah wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:45 pm
Got my 50K!
No way! For realz? Lets see, 50k must look like this:

KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

I bet that feels good. Congrats!
Congrats indeed! Dressed it up for ya: $50k

waahoohah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by waahoohah »

Lord Thurstongus wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:54 pm
waahoohah wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:12 am
at least I know that in order to create, I need structure. On weekdays, I do this: I get up, write, eat, go to work, come home from work, eat, write, and sleep. Repeat until Saturday. Weekends? everything goes to hell. The rest of this week will be a challenge for sure, but one I know I will power through.
Did you forget the part about drinking?
Did I not say "eat"?

-Lee Harvey Oswald