NOLA

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

ScottMcG
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

NOLA

Post by ScottMcG »

I had been wanting to visit NOLA for years. Then, this year, my wife bought $90 round trip tickets to New Orleans, so, in January, we flew down there for her birthday. We had a blast, despite my being roofied on our last day. Luckily, my wife is a nurse, so she knew what to do and I'm alive to talk about it.

We're going back in September for my birthday. Where should we go? I figure I should stalk Anne Rice in hopes of meeting a vampire. Or I could hope to meet Marie Laveau (if only I could her crypt). I'm looking for suggestions.
Amateur demolition derby on the carpeting afterward

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: NOLA

Post by RIPT2.0 »

ScottMcG wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:26 pm
We had a blast, despite my being roofied on our last day. Luckily, my wife is a nurse, so she knew what to do and I'm alive to talk about it.
By a fan of the movie "Hangover", no doubt.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

You could track down John Larroquette. He had to finally quit drinking due to an impudent liver that refused to behave itself, but I'll bet he has some stories to tell about waking up in the 9th Ward with no pants on. He also collects rare first editions by the likes of Bukowski, Burroughs and Steinbeck, so he can't be all that bad.

September, eh? Might have to meet you down there for a yankee Sazerac rampage.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

ScottMcG
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by ScottMcG »

I'll shoot you a line when we head out...assuming I'm undrunk enough to remember.
Amateur demolition derby on the carpeting afterward

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

8 months of tech school in the Air Force in Biloxi MS. Some of the fondest weekends I don't remember were weekend passes to NOLA.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

calx
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by calx »

How about NEPA? :D
Watch "The Money Masters" on youtube and read "The Creature From Jekyll Island" by G. Edward Griffin to unveil the true enemy.

Innovating the human race to extinction.™

Long live David Icke!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

calx wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:48 pm
Endless Mountain region above Scranton count? EMR paintball is a killer field. Drinkers up there too. Like a two day party with intermissions to play paintball. Absolute blast.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

What about ABDL?
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

calx

Post by calx »

Patchez wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:24 am
calx wrote:
Endless Mountain region above Scranton count? EMR paintball is a killer field. Drinkers up there too. Like a two day party with intermissions to play paintball. Absolute blast.
Haha I grew up around Scranton and feasted my childlike eyes on all the strip mines and empty quarries the hills had to offer. :D I was a lucky kiddo tho growing up around the forests and I romped around in them as much as I could. Living in a metropolitan nightmare right now. I dunno how kids grow up normally in big cities. We're meant to romp around and play!!! These days you need a fuckin play date to go beat the pavement.
Watch "The Money Masters" on youtube and read "The Creature From Jekyll Island" by G. Edward Griffin to unveil the true enemy.

Long live David Icke!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

calx wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:48 pm
Patchez wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:24 am
calx wrote:
Haha I grew up around Scranton and feasted my childlike eyes on all the strip mines and empty quarries the hills had to offer. :D I was a lucky kiddo tho growing up around the forests and I romped around in them as much as I could. Living in a metropolitan nightmare right now. I dunno how kids grow up normally in big cities. We're meant to romp around and play!!! These days you need a fuckin play date to go beat the pavement.
I love visiting big metro areas but don't see how anyone can live there. I need the space and solitude of the wood/mountain/marsh/beach.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Patchez wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:49 am
I love visiting big metro areas but don't see how anyone can live there. I need the space and solitude of the wood/mountain/marsh/beach.
Don't forget tundra/tiara/desert/steppe/salt flat/bayou/lake/river/ocean/jungle/lunar landscape/tidal basin/prairie/demilitarized zone/alpine meadow/volcanic field/gilligan's island/craggy coastline/temperate rainforest/sulphur mine/tierra del fuego or Canada.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Badfellow wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:51 am
Patchez wrote:
Don't forget tundra/tiara/desert/steppe/salt flat/bayou/lake/river/ocean/jungle/lunar landscape/tidal basin/prairie/demilitarized zone/alpine meadow/volcanic field/gilligan's island/craggy coastline/temperate rainforest/sulphur mine/tierra del fuego or Canada.
Like I said. Outdoorsy.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Patchez wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:39 pm
Badfellow wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:51 am
Patchez wrote:
Like I said. Outdoorsy.
From the Land of Sky Blue Waters.

calx

Post by calx »

I wonder if God wants us to live compacted into concrete hi-rise cities with "smart" shit. :<

Seems devilish to me!

Long live David Icke!