Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Post Reply
User avatar
Dear Booze
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed
Posts: 1583
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:01 pm

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by Dear Booze » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:41 pm

Badfellow wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:43 pm
My grandmother recently passed away, and today I was given a large, porcelain clown statue of the collectable type as an item of inheritance.

I hate clowns for obvious reasons that I need not state. While I loved my grandmother dearly, her taste in clown statues remains questionable. I was thinking how hideous this statue is today, and then something compelled me to flip it over and take a look at the base.

Low and behold there was something tucked up inside. It was an envelope bearing my name and the words "love you, grandma". I opened it to find $2300 in hundred dollar bills. Damn. Wasn't expecting that.

I still hate clowns, but I'm going to the bar tonight and I plan on drinking something potent in her honor.
That is truly cool. Did anyone else in your family receive a clown statue? Or any other strange item with a crevice capable of holding an envelope full of cash?

I like your grandmother.
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a drunk man tortilla chips, Velveeta and a hair dryer and he has nachos.

User avatar
Nausea
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders
Posts: 360
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:15 am

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by Nausea » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:32 am

Blow it all on one bottle of Scotch. For her memory.

User avatar
Dear Booze
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed
Posts: 1583
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:01 pm

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by Dear Booze » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:52 am

Go get a $2,300 hooker and make her dress up like a clown. She should only answer to the name "Grandma"
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a drunk man tortilla chips, Velveeta and a hair dryer and he has nachos.

User avatar
Badfellow
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Posts: 7544
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:05 pm
Location: Inside the Ethyl Molecule

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by Badfellow » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:27 am

Dear Booze wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:41 pm
Did anyone else in your family receive a clown statue?
Funny you should ask. My cousin, who is a little shit, received an even creepier clown statue last week. But she only found $400. Sad, sad clown.


Nausea wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:32 am
Blow it all on one bottle of Scotch. For her memory.
Can't I at least get some actual "blow" with it?



Dear Booze wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:52 am
Go get a $2,300 hooker and make her dress up like a clown. She should only answer to the name "Grandma"
You sicko, sleazeball son of a bitch. I think I know the depths of your depravity, then you hit the express elevator for the hell and say things that would make Hitler blush. Shame on you, sir, and your stink fingered ways.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

User avatar
oettinger
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed
Posts: 8342
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:23 am

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by oettinger » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:57 am

Measured up my old place this morning so I can draw an exact groundview of it on the computer. My estate agent is asking for it.
I spent most of the afternoon on it and the numbers just didn`t quite work. I then realized it was a quarter to four already and I hadn`t had a drink yet.
I stopped this shit and got my first vodka and will re-measure later.
I`ll hand the keys over on tuesday morning, that means there`s plenty of hungover time to get it right on monday...
I just really like the taste of alcohol
Image

User avatar
Artful Drunktective
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed
Posts: 1594
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:00 pm
Location: Yautja Prime

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by Artful Drunktective » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:05 am

Dear Booze wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:52 am
Go get a $2,300 hooker and make her dress up like a clown. She should only answer to the name "Grandma"

You better have a Turkish rug on hand! And I'm not helping you bury it in the desert this time!
How can it be so cold in here? It's like Greenland in here. We've got to get some booze. It's the only solution to this intense cold. Something's got to be done. We can't go on like this. - Withnail
Image

User avatar
mistah willies
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill
Posts: 5820
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:48 pm
Location: A ship upon the vast ocean of the Mighty MDM
Contact:

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by mistah willies » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:29 pm

Dear Booze wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:41 pm
Badfellow wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:43 pm
My grandmother recently passed away, and today I was given a large, porcelain clown statue of the collectable type as an item of inheritance.

I hate clowns for obvious reasons that I need not state. While I loved my grandmother dearly, her taste in clown statues remains questionable. I was thinking how hideous this statue is today, and then something compelled me to flip it over and take a look at the base.

Low and behold there was something tucked up inside. It was an envelope bearing my name and the words "love you, grandma". I opened it to find $2300 in hundred dollar bills. Damn. Wasn't expecting that.

I still hate clowns, but I'm going to the bar tonight and I plan on drinking something potent in her honor.
That is truly cool. Did anyone else in your family receive a clown statue? Or any other strange item with a crevice capable of holding an envelope full of cash?

I like your grandmother.
Me too. Classy, and she knew it was there all along for you. A lovely gift. Kept secret for who knows how long?

I share Dear Booze's heartfelt sentiment.


And this is what Hollywood would do to such a cool story. It's known as "Treatment" but who is really getting the treats?

Dear Booze wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:52 am
Go get a $2,300 hooker and make her dress up like a clown. She should only answer to the name "Grandma Nasferatu"

Actually, that's pretty friggin funny

Sry, BF

User avatar
Artful Drunktective
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed
Posts: 1594
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:00 pm
Location: Yautja Prime

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by Artful Drunktective » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:03 pm

Some fellow drunkards and I just watched Badfellow bust Bill Cosby out of prison.
How can it be so cold in here? It's like Greenland in here. We've got to get some booze. It's the only solution to this intense cold. Something's got to be done. We can't go on like this. - Withnail
Image

User avatar
Lush City
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway
Posts: 3639
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:55 pm
Location: Nearest tiki lounge

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by Lush City » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:54 pm

Badfellow wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:43 pm
My grandmother recently passed away, and today I was given a large, porcelain clown statue of the collectable type as an item of inheritance.

I hate clowns for obvious reasons that I need not state. While I loved my grandmother dearly, her taste in clown statues remains questionable. I was thinking how hideous this statue is today, and then something compelled me to flip it over and take a look at the base.

Low and behold there was something tucked up inside. It was an envelope bearing my name and the words "love you, grandma". I opened it to find $2300 in hundred dollar bills. Damn. Wasn't expecting that.

I still hate clowns, but I'm going to the bar tonight and I plan on drinking something potent in her honor.
Best story I have heard in quite sometime. That's what they call a windfall. Drink responsibly and invest wisely. I recommend buying precious metals at this time.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.Image

User avatar
Patchez
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski
Posts: 4732
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:41 pm
Location: South Central, PA

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by Patchez » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:04 pm

Lush City wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:54 pm
Badfellow wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:43 pm
My grandmother recently passed away, and today I was given a large, porcelain clown statue of the collectable type as an item of inheritance.

I hate clowns for obvious reasons that I need not state. While I loved my grandmother dearly, her taste in clown statues remains questionable. I was thinking how hideous this statue is today, and then something compelled me to flip it over and take a look at the base.

Low and behold there was something tucked up inside. It was an envelope bearing my name and the words "love you, grandma". I opened it to find $2300 in hundred dollar bills. Damn. Wasn't expecting that.

I still hate clowns, but I'm going to the bar tonight and I plan on drinking something potent in her honor.
Best story I have heard in quite sometime. That's what they call a windfall. Drink responsibly and invest wisely. I recommend buying precious metals at this time.
Where can you go to buy precious metals? I've always been curious.
“The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy also mentions alcohol. It says that the best drink in existence is the Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster, the effect of which is like having your brains smashed out with a slice of lemon wrapped round a large gold brick.” -Douglas Adams

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

User avatar
Lush City
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway
Posts: 3639
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:55 pm
Location: Nearest tiki lounge

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by Lush City » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:00 am

There has to be a gold/silver dealer in your neighborhood. They are a pool of liquidity and function like bankers. You can go on the web to http://www.usagold.com/ where I have purchased much for my IRA. This the storefront for Centennial Precious Metals, Inc., Denver, CO. Very reputable. They will use the US mail to send you your stuff.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.Image

User avatar
oettinger
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed
Posts: 8342
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:23 am

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by oettinger » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:00 pm

Woke up, watched sports for 3 hours, lunch, accounting for 30 minutes (they only remotely useful stuff of the day), read blogs and got drunk.

Days like these keep me from killing myself

Oh yeah and now drunk skype
I just really like the taste of alcohol
Image

User avatar
Patchez
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski
Posts: 4732
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:41 pm
Location: South Central, PA

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by Patchez » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:11 am

Yesterday's nutshell.

Came home from work in the AM eager to finally crack my Smooth Ambler Contradiction. Tasty. Played around on the boards for a bit. Tried to raise Nausea on Skype but his phone and Skype app would not co-operate. Then I switched to the handle of EW for 4 or 6 drinks. Bought my ticket for the Shooter Jennings show tonight. Tried to find someone to DD me there and back. No luck. Tried waiting tell a decent hour to Skype Oett but couldn't make it. Went up to take a "nap" around 3 in the afternoon. Slept till just an hour ago.
“The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy also mentions alcohol. It says that the best drink in existence is the Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster, the effect of which is like having your brains smashed out with a slice of lemon wrapped round a large gold brick.” -Douglas Adams

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

User avatar
scream ale
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Posts: 695
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:26 am
Location: Home usually.
Contact:

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by scream ale » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:20 pm

Work. Drink. Work. Drink. I really need a hobby. Besides working and drinking. At least something to occupy the work part.

User avatar
oettinger
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed
Posts: 8342
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:23 am

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by oettinger » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:40 pm

Patchez wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:11 am
Tried waiting tell a decent hour to Skype Oett but couldn't make it.
You know that I behave during weekdays. But once AD lives here, we will be a 24 hour party.

Like hand-check at the bedroom, ok hun, what stage did you leave me him in?

Ok, barely words, I can manage that with hot coffee and brandy
I just really like the taste of alcohol
Image

Post Reply