Another Solo Mission - Drinking alone? Post here!

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Another Solo Mission

Post by mistah willies »

^
Article from 2006?

I believe that a discussion of wether "Zima" really constituted "malt liquor" (or if it was effeminate for a man to drink) was occurring at that time on this here board. I wasn't around here then, but I keep hearing references to it to this day by folks here who actually were.

I say, hey, as long as you are drinking, wine in a box is still alcohol. If you're concerned about classiness, just put an umbrella in it. Make your own style. I'm actually being serious, dude. Frig what anyone else thinks.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Nausea wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:20 am
oettinger wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:11 am
I drink alone

... and like it
This video kicks ass. Makin me thirsty.
Love the part when he's shopping for booze enthusiastically -- I get all giddy myself purchasing booze.

Now, my only qualm with this video is the unrealistic depiction of heavy liquor drinking. Nobody chugs hard liquor like they do in this clip without vomiting all over the place or immediately passing out. It makes for good entertainment I guess.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Nausea wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:08 am
Nausea wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:20 am
oettinger wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:11 am
I drink alone

... and like it
This video kicks ass. Makin me thirsty.
Love the part when he's shopping for booze enthusiastically -- I get all giddy myself purchasing booze.

Now, my only qualm with this video is the unrealistic depiction of heavy liquor drinking. Nobody chugs hard liquor like they do in this clip without vomiting all over the place or immediately passing out. It makes for good entertainment I guess.
I`ve seen bums do it. But hey, they are like gods to us
Drink!

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

If I tried to do that now I'd die. And then I'd never get to ride my ferris wheel.

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

read through all 18 pages of this thread...it's fuckin great.

I love solo drinking, none of my friends or my Mrs understand it.. Don't get me wrong I love hitting up bars as much as the next drunk, even then though I love going alone to a bar I've never been before and chatting to the locals who I've never met. I turned 30 this year and my girlfriend threw a big old party for me..it was great don't get me wrong but afterwards everyone went out to a late night bar and I snook off home to drink alone. I just couldn't be fucked queueing and paying top dollar for shitty beer when I had great beer in my fridge at home...also nice to be able to blast your own music, smoke inside, know your never gonna get cut off or told it's last call. In fact whenever I do go to a bar I've noticed I always facilitate some solo drinking either before or after. Part of it is knowing I'm in charge, hell if I wanna listen to a toby keith song 4 times straight no one on fucking earth can tell me I can't when it's in my own home....If I wanna piss on my lawn while drinking wine out of a pint glass then I can fucking do it and I'll still be let back in the next day.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

^^^Agreed 100%. A friend of mine invited me over for lasagna the other day and I reluctantly went. I mean, this is interfering with my drunkard alone time.So I drank a bunch before I went over there and then filled up my travel coffee mug with vodka for well...my travels. Everyone laughed but kinda acted like I was a complete asshole or something. Gee...I wonder why I'd rather stay home and drink instead of having to dabble in social retardations.
Okole maluna!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Same here, friends like to drink just some starters and then go to shitty overpriced bars/nightclubs with DJs that apparently learned their craft at auschwitz
Drink!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

^^^ Kraftwerk?
Okole maluna!

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

benitobeast69 wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:41 am
... no one on fucking earth can tell me I can't when it's in my own home....If I wanna piss on my lawn while drinking wine out of a pint glass then I can fucking do it and I'll still be let back in the next day.
I agree 100%! Some people on this board have given me a rash of shit for pissing on my own fence. It's my fence. I paid for it and built it. If I want to get drunk and piss on it, I believe it's my god damned given right!
DRINK!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Dear Booze wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:45 pm
benitobeast69 wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:41 am
... no one on fucking earth can tell me I can't when it's in my own home....If I wanna piss on my lawn while drinking wine out of a pint glass then I can fucking do it and I'll still be let back in the next day.
I agree 100%! Some people on this board have given me a rash of shit for pissing on my own fence. It's my fence. I paid for it and built it. If I want to get drunk and piss on it, I believe it's my god damned given right!
A shit rash? That's some rough shit.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Where are the Hugh posts at? It's been a month!
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Yeah what happened to that guy?

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Dunno.

He`s cool
Drink!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Getting ready for a night of solo drinking right now! I feared I was making a nuisance of myself by overposting.

There's a book called Party of One by Anneli Rufus about being a loner. It is my bible now, and I recommend it to any loners out there.

Don't try to fit in where you don't belong! I tried to return to a favorite old dive bar of mine, but the new regulars just don't like me. I had noticed they seemed annoyed with me some time ago, but I kept going back anyway. then they got downright hostile. Maybe it's a good thing - I'll never pay the cab fare for it again!

Franzia, a laptop for writing crappy poetry, and a cheap apartment to drink and write in. That's all a loner needs.

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

Hugh wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:35 pm
Getting ready for a night of solo drinking right now! I feared I was making a nuisance of myself by overposting.

There's a book called Party of One by Anneli Rufus about being a loner. It is my bible now, and I recommend it to any loners out there.

Don't try to fit in where you don't belong! I tried to return to a favorite old dive bar of mine, but the new regulars just don't like me. I had noticed they seemed annoyed with me some time ago, but I kept going back anyway. then they got downright hostile. Maybe it's a good thing - I'll never pay the cab fare for it again!

Franzia, a laptop for writing crappy poetry, and a cheap apartment to drink and write in. That's all a loner needs.
Good to see you Hugh!
DRINK!