Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by Dear Booze »

Badfellow wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:43 pm
My grandmother recently passed away, and today I was given a large, porcelain clown statue of the collectable type as an item of inheritance.

I hate clowns for obvious reasons that I need not state. While I loved my grandmother dearly, her taste in clown statues remains questionable. I was thinking how hideous this statue is today, and then something compelled me to flip it over and take a look at the base.

Low and behold there was something tucked up inside. It was an envelope bearing my name and the words "love you, grandma". I opened it to find $2300 in hundred dollar bills. Damn. Wasn't expecting that.

I still hate clowns, but I'm going to the bar tonight and I plan on drinking something potent in her honor.
That is truly cool. Did anyone else in your family receive a clown statue? Or any other strange item with a crevice capable of holding an envelope full of cash?

I like your grandmother.
DRINK!

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Blow it all on one bottle of Scotch. For her memory.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

Go get a $2,300 hooker and make her dress up like a clown. She should only answer to the name "Grandma"
DRINK!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Dear Booze wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:41 pm
Did anyone else in your family receive a clown statue?
Funny you should ask. My cousin, who is a little shit, received an even creepier clown statue last week. But she only found $400. Sad, sad clown.

Nausea wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:32 am
Blow it all on one bottle of Scotch. For her memory.
Can't I at least get some actual "blow" with it?

Dear Booze wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:52 am
Go get a $2,300 hooker and make her dress up like a clown. She should only answer to the name "Grandma"
You sicko, sleazeball son of a bitch. I think I know the depths of your depravity, then you hit the express elevator for the hell and say things that would make Hitler blush. Shame on you, sir, and your stink fingered ways.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Measured up my old place this morning so I can draw an exact groundview of it on the computer. My estate agent is asking for it.
I spent most of the afternoon on it and the numbers just didn`t quite work. I then realized it was a quarter to four already and I hadn`t had a drink yet.
I stopped this shit and got my first vodka and will re-measure later.
I`ll hand the keys over on tuesday morning, that means there`s plenty of hungover time to get it right on monday...
Drink!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Dear Booze wrote:

You better have a Turkish rug on hand! And I'm not helping you bury it in the desert this time!
Okole maluna!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Dear Booze wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:41 pm
Badfellow wrote:
My grandmother recently passed away, and today I was given a large, porcelain clown statue of the collectable type as an item of inheritance.

I hate clowns for obvious reasons that I need not state. While I loved my grandmother dearly, her taste in clown statues remains questionable. I was thinking how hideous this statue is today, and then something compelled me to flip it over and take a look at the base.

Low and behold there was something tucked up inside. It was an envelope bearing my name and the words "love you, grandma". I opened it to find $2300 in hundred dollar bills. Damn. Wasn't expecting that.

I still hate clowns, but I'm going to the bar tonight and I plan on drinking something potent in her honor.
That is truly cool. Did anyone else in your family receive a clown statue? Or any other strange item with a crevice capable of holding an envelope full of cash?

I like your grandmother.
Me too. Classy, and she knew it was there all along for you. A lovely gift. Kept secret for who knows how long?

I share Dear Booze's heartfelt sentiment.

And this is what Hollywood would do to such a cool story. It's known as "Treatment" but who is really getting the treats?

Dear Booze wrote:
Go get a $2,300 hooker and make her dress up like a clown. She should only answer to the name "Grandma Nasferatu"

Actually, that's pretty friggin funny

Sry, BF

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Some fellow drunkards and I just watched Badfellow bust Bill Cosby out of prison.
Okole maluna!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Badfellow wrote:

Best story I have heard in quite sometime. That's what they call a windfall. Drink responsibly and invest wisely. I recommend buying precious metals at this time.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Lush City wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:54 pm
Badfellow wrote:

Best story I have heard in quite sometime. That's what they call a windfall. Drink responsibly and invest wisely. I recommend buying precious metals at this time.
Where can you go to buy precious metals? I've always been curious.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

There has to be a gold/silver dealer in your neighborhood. They are a pool of liquidity and function like bankers. You can go on the web to http://www.usagold.com/ where I have purchased much for my IRA. This the storefront for Centennial Precious Metals, Inc., Denver, CO. Very reputable. They will use the US mail to send you your stuff.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Woke up, watched sports for 3 hours, lunch, accounting for 30 minutes (they only remotely useful stuff of the day), read blogs and got drunk.

Days like these keep me from killing myself

Oh yeah and now drunk skype
Drink!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Yesterday's nutshell.

Came home from work in the AM eager to finally crack my Smooth Ambler Contradiction. Tasty. Played around on the boards for a bit. Tried to raise Nausea on Skype but his phone and Skype app would not co-operate. Then I switched to the handle of EW for 4 or 6 drinks. Bought my ticket for the Shooter Jennings show tonight. Tried to find someone to DD me there and back. No luck. Tried waiting tell a decent hour to Skype Oett but couldn't make it. Went up to take a "nap" around 3 in the afternoon. Slept till just an hour ago.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Work. Drink. Work. Drink. I really need a hobby. Besides working and drinking. At least something to occupy the work part.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Patchez wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:11 am
Tried waiting tell a decent hour to Skype Oett but couldn't make it.
You know that I behave during weekdays. But once AD lives here, we will be a 24 hour party.

Like hand-check at the bedroom, ok hun, what stage did you leave me him in?

Ok, barely words, I can manage that with hot coffee and brandy
Drink!