The Endless Tragedy of the Weekday Drop

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: The Endless Tragedy of the Weekday Drop

Post by Nausea »

The Weekday Drop terrorizes me still.

How can the drinking be over already?

Because it has to. But, but, but!!!
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Resident Asshole »

This actually relates to me tonight as work had the audacity to schedule a meeting in the morning at 8am. Therefore, I will drink from the time I got home until 10 or so, eat a late dinner and be none the worse for wear in the morn. The key in my mind is knowing how to moderate it when you have responsibilities. My definition of moderate may be 10 drinks tonight since I have an early morning (not early compared to 5am), but most people would be straight drunk on that.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

What sometimes worked wonders for me is drinking till very late. Your alarm goes off in two to three ours. You clean yourself a bit brush the teeth and leave fifteen minutes after waking up. Eat chewing gum if you feel like it.
I`ve mastered a lot of day long meetings and advanced trainings that way. The hangover kicks in when you`re home/hotel bed. After a week of that you`ll sleep another full week. So be warned, but this worked for me.
Drink!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Resident Asshole wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:58 pm
This actually relates to me tonight as work had the audacity to schedule a meeting in the morning at 8am. Therefore, I will drink from the time I got home until 10 or so, eat a late dinner and be none the worse for wear in the morn. The key in my mind is knowing how to moderate it when you have responsibilities. My definition of moderate may be 10 drinks tonight since I have an early morning (not early compared to 5am), but most people would be straight drunk on that.
Agreed. Start drinking early and put myself to bed early. My problem is that if I don't moderate and sleep it off, I reek like booze the next day (which has happened many o' times). In my line of work I really shouldn't do that but when I do, I hide in my office and pretend like I'm doing important stuff so people leave me alone.
Okole maluna!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

When I worked on sundays it wasn`t that I reeked of booze, the template was how hard I reeked of booze.
I mean children can`t tall the difference between vodka and beer, co-workers can though
Drink!

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

I seem to have the supernatural ability of not reeking like any of the booze I have drank. Or so I think, as evidenced by the non-reactions of my daily interlocutors.

Slurring beyond 400ml is my betrayal. Yes, I know my figures -- the necessary adaptive strategies of a daily drunk.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

As reported on Skype, I have successfully managed to double the amount of whisky I drink on a daily basis since this thread's inception.

The caveat is working with a hangover that is tough to wake from, but which completely subsides after a Monster and some time.

The trick is being like Spock and adhering to the proper drunkard logic; that is, knowing the hangover will subside and powering through it.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Just follow the rules of the Bee Gees: try to stay alive today, die hard tomorrow
Drink!

Tom
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed
Location: A steady stumble usually points me in the right direction.

Post by Tom »

(1) 10mg Valium
(2) Excedrin
Codeine of some sort. Even a few swigs of the old cough medicine will do.
(3) large glasses of water

There's no way to be hungover or have the shakes after that.
Baby, your body is so beautiful I wish I was an artist so I could paint it. As it is, I'll have to settle for taking a picture with my digital camera and selling copies to middle school kids for 5 bucks a piece.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

No more weekday drop tragedy for me. I'm working weekend nights now! Three days off mid week. Sweet drinking time. Cheap drink specials on off peak drinking nights. Gonna be nice change of pace.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Nausea wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:06 am
As reported on Skype, I have successfully managed to double the amount of whisky I drink on a daily basis since this thread's inception.

The caveat is working with a hangover that is tough to wake from, but which completely subsides after a Monster and some time.

The trick is being like Spock and adhering to the proper drunkard logic; that is, knowing the hangover will subside and powering through it.
EXACTLY! Power through the goddamb thing. I work Sunday mornings, so I often go in with a hangover. The younger guys won't do it, they call in sick. It's frustrating, I'm 30 years older than them but I get my ass in to work, even if I'm puking out the car door as I drive in.

And when I finally make it home at the end of the day I sleep like a baby.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Hugh wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:04 am
Nausea wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:06 am

EXACTLY! Power through the goddamb thing. I work Sunday mornings, so I often go in with a hangover. The younger guys won't do it, they call in sick. It's frustrating, I'm 30 years older than them but I get my ass in to work, even if I'm puking out the car door as I drive in.

And when I finally make it home at the end of the day I sleep like a baby.
Good job!

gede
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by gede »

recently I’ve gotten more longevity by mixing booze with safe and hydrating beverages on the weeknights. I mix wine with the glasses of Soda water I might otherwise have to hydrate, and a bit of brandy in the lemon/ginger tea that sends me to sleep (hence doubly soporific).

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

sadly I have let responsibility (the pretence thereof) to get the better of me. As I always suspected, nobody actually turns up to my 8am meetings. If you can try iut though, do a 6-2 or 7-3, still time to get a good day drunk on and pass out early enough to surprise your colleagues (adversaries). plus, no fucking traffic aaaaahhhahahahhahahhhahahahahahhahahahahahahhhahhahhahahahaha eat my .....
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

I'll be honest I can't do it. I seldom drink when I have an early start cause I keep loosing jobs cause of it. I am so unable to moderate my drinking aside from just not drinking at all for that specific night. Every so often I'll try and convince myself...give myself the pep talk...it'll be ok. it fucking never is. I'll be unable to stand about 30minutes before I need to be getting up taking a shower. I can (kinda) easily make a decision not to drink for a night...I cannot make a decision to drink moderately.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis