BMMS?

Where we pay homage to our honored dead.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

User avatar
greygoose1
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:04 am
Location: Indiasnapplepiss

BMMS?

Post by greygoose1 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:52 pm

I haven't been around these parts in a bit, and for that, I'm sorry. Ijust got a text from an ME area code telling me that BMMS passed away about a year ago. Is this true? I would have posted this in the appropriate forum but I just don't care.
"...there's no app for a bourbon buzz on a warm day in a cool, dark bar. The world will always want a drink".
~Gillian Flynn

'Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right'
~Isaac Asimov

A person can work up a mean, mean thirst
after a hard day of doing nothing much at all...
~The Replacements

User avatar
Patchez
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill
Posts: 5141
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:41 pm
Location: South Central, PA

Re: BMMS?

Post by Patchez » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:06 pm

I have no clue. I have no contact info for him. Met him at the last Mass conish thing that Slushfund hosted. Helluva nice guy.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

User avatar
Badfellow
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Posts: 7983
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:05 pm
Location: Inside the Ethyl Molecule

Re: BMMS?

Post by Badfellow » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:03 am

There hasn't been anything posted on the boards to that effect. If anyone has any info, I hope they would let us know because that would be a major loss if it were true.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

User avatar
Rooster
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Posts: 6404
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:33 pm
Location: Noo Yawk

Re: BMMS?

Post by Rooster » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:25 pm

I got a couple of calls from ME, but figured they were Spam and sent them to voicemail. The caller hung up. Don't know if it's related or not.

Sarge had my number (which I've had since '98 *coughcough*) WAY back in the day, but I don't think I knew anyone else up that way.

User avatar
mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Posts: 6236
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:48 pm
Location: A ship upon the vast ocean of the Mighty MDM
Contact:

Re: BMMS?

Post by mistah willies » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:10 pm

Rooster wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:25 pm
I got a couple of calls from ME, but figured they were Spam and sent them to voicemail. The caller hung up. Don't know if it's related or not.

Sarge had my number (which I've had since '98 *coughcough*) WAY back in the day, but I don't think I knew anyone else up that way.
Born, bred, lived in Maine most of my life, still have the same number, but i don't know yours. Unless I was completely wrecked and somehow mis-combobulated.

There is a hazy awakened moment of clarity during a blackout when I found myself calling folks to sell them non-mercury lightbulbs for cheap, just needed a clean spark plug, but that may be hearsay.

Good to see you about again. *Chug*

User avatar
ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie
Posts: 12094
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:35 pm
Location: Xenia
Contact:

Re: BMMS?

Post by ThirstyDrunk » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:20 pm

Patchez wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:06 pm
Helluva nice guy.
That couldn't have been him.
To be fair, I'm drunker than you.

User avatar
Fast Cast
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway
Posts: 3774
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:45 pm
Location: Soaking in it

Re: BMMS?

Post by Fast Cast » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:03 pm

greygoose1 wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:52 pm
I haven't been around these parts in a bit, and for that, I'm sorry. Ijust got a text from an ME area code telling me that BMMS passed away about a year ago. Is this true? I would have posted this in the appropriate forum but I just don't care.
I got a message from Sarge saying that he passed about a year ago. I will raise a glass in his honor this evening, he was one of the good ones.
I just wish there were some actual drunkards around here who can handle themselves like adults while still acting like retards - liquor&poker

User avatar
Shmoo
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill
Posts: 5893
Joined: Fri May 21, 2004 2:03 pm
Location: Canton, GA aka BFE

Re: BMMS?

Post by Shmoo » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:56 pm

Damn....he was a super nice guy. We had many conversations around football and such. Too many friends have passed on....too many....Tomorrow I'll have a Brass Monkey in his honor. I know that fucker is smiling down on that gesture. Peace BMMS!
"next time i bust a load on the road, i'll try and save you a brick. " - Casino

User avatar
greygoose1
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:04 am
Location: Indiasnapplepiss

Re: BMMS?

Post by greygoose1 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:37 am

GODDAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 Motherfucker.....sonofabmotherruck....

I'll toast and drink to that fine man. I hearfd him faill asleep on the phone many a drunk dial and then have him call back 5 ninutes later and talk about his relatiojnship with his dad and we'd resume the bullshitt. Jutst. Fuck.
"...there's no app for a bourbon buzz on a warm day in a cool, dark bar. The world will always want a drink".
~Gillian Flynn

'Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right'
~Isaac Asimov

A person can work up a mean, mean thirst
after a hard day of doing nothing much at all...
~The Replacements

User avatar
NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski
Posts: 4059
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:56 pm
Location: Face up. I think.

Re: BMMS?

Post by NYDingbat » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:54 pm

DD'ed with him quite a bit after Slushfund's Mass Con or whatever the fuck we called it - I had called him a while ago and didn't hear back. I'll call tomorrow and let everybody know what I find out.
"I don't start the day. I continue the night."
- mistah willies

"What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?"
- W.C. Fields

User avatar
Patchez
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill
Posts: 5141
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:41 pm
Location: South Central, PA

Re: BMMS?

Post by Patchez » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:09 am

NYDingbat wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:54 pm
DD'ed with him quite a bit after Slushfund's Mass Con or whatever the fuck we called it - I had called him a while ago and didn't hear back. I'll call tomorrow and let everybody know what I find out.
I thought I got his number when we were up there. Guess I didn't.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

User avatar
NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski
Posts: 4059
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:56 pm
Location: Face up. I think.

Re: BMMS?

Post by NYDingbat » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:33 pm

NYDingbat wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:54 pm
DD'ed with him quite a bit after Slushfund's Mass Con or whatever the fuck we called it - I had called him a while ago and didn't hear back. I'll call tomorrow and let everybody know what I find out.
Alrighty. Had a pleasant text conversation with a fella who now has BMMS's cell #. He said he wasn't him, but thought Beer Makes Me Smart was a funny board name. I advised I'd spread the word that's no longer BMMS's #, but that he'd probably get some funny DDs from people who put the D in DD. He was fine with it - seemed to be lookin' forward to it!

Anyway. I'm still diggin' a little, but I don't know how far I'll get. Can't get a death certificate without cause. I know he and his brother and sister were enormous shitbirds to him over the care of his sick - and now deceased - Dad. He bore the brunt of the care - and Dad didn't make it easy for him. So far I haven't found an obituary - either I just haven't found it yet or his brother and sister's final act of shitbirdedness was to not so much as publish an obit for the guy.

I'll keep lookin'.
"I don't start the day. I continue the night."
- mistah willies

"What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?"
- W.C. Fields

User avatar
NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski
Posts: 4059
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:56 pm
Location: Face up. I think.

Re: BMMS?

Post by NYDingbat » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:39 am

NYDingbat wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:33 pm
NYDingbat wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:54 pm
DD'ed with him quite a bit after Slushfund's Mass Con or whatever the fuck we called it - I had called him a while ago and didn't hear back. I'll call tomorrow and let everybody know what I find out.
Alrighty. Had a pleasant text conversation with a fella who now has BMMS's cell #. He said he wasn't him, but thought Beer Makes Me Smart was a funny board name. I advised I'd spread the word that's no longer BMMS's #, but that he'd probably get some funny DDs from people who put the D in DD. He was fine with it - seemed to be lookin' forward to it!

Anyway. I'm still diggin' a little, but I don't know how far I'll get. Can't get a death certificate without cause. I know he and his brother and sister were enormous shitbirds to him over the care of his sick - and now deceased - Dad. He bore the brunt of the care - and Dad didn't make it easy for him. So far I haven't found an obituary - either I just haven't found it yet or his brother and sister's final act of shitbirdedness was to not so much as publish an obit for the guy.

I'll keep lookin'.
It is with sadness I inform you that our buddy, BeerMakesMeSmart, John to those of us who had the pleasure of meeting him outside the board, passed away on September 13th, 2017.

Cheers, Slainte and Rest In Peace, pal.
"I don't start the day. I continue the night."
- mistah willies

"What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?"
- W.C. Fields

User avatar
Patchez
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill
Posts: 5141
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:41 pm
Location: South Central, PA

Re: BMMS?

Post by Patchez » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:35 pm

NYDingbat wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:39 am
NYDingbat wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:33 pm
NYDingbat wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:54 pm
DD'ed with him quite a bit after Slushfund's Mass Con or whatever the fuck we called it - I had called him a while ago and didn't hear back. I'll call tomorrow and let everybody know what I find out.
Alrighty. Had a pleasant text conversation with a fella who now has BMMS's cell #. He said he wasn't him, but thought Beer Makes Me Smart was a funny board name. I advised I'd spread the word that's no longer BMMS's #, but that he'd probably get some funny DDs from people who put the D in DD. He was fine with it - seemed to be lookin' forward to it!

Anyway. I'm still diggin' a little, but I don't know how far I'll get. Can't get a death certificate without cause. I know he and his brother and sister were enormous shitbirds to him over the care of his sick - and now deceased - Dad. He bore the brunt of the care - and Dad didn't make it easy for him. So far I haven't found an obituary - either I just haven't found it yet or his brother and sister's final act of shitbirdedness was to not so much as publish an obit for the guy.

I'll keep lookin'.
It is with sadness I inform you that our buddy, BeerMakesMeSmart, John to those of us who had the pleasure of meeting him outside the board, passed away on September 13th, 2017.

Cheers, Slainte and Rest In Peace, pal.
Well fuck. RIP BMMS.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

User avatar
mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Posts: 6236
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:48 pm
Location: A ship upon the vast ocean of the Mighty MDM
Contact:

Re: BMMS?

Post by mistah willies » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:25 pm

Patchez wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:35 pm
NYDingbat wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:39 am
NYDingbat wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:33 pm


Alrighty. Had a pleasant text conversation with a fella who now has BMMS's cell #. He said he wasn't him, but thought Beer Makes Me Smart was a funny board name. I advised I'd spread the word that's no longer BMMS's #, but that he'd probably get some funny DDs from people who put the D in DD. He was fine with it - seemed to be lookin' forward to it!

Anyway. I'm still diggin' a little, but I don't know how far I'll get. Can't get a death certificate without cause. I know he and his brother and sister were enormous shitbirds to him over the care of his sick - and now deceased - Dad. He bore the brunt of the care - and Dad didn't make it easy for him. So far I haven't found an obituary - either I just haven't found it yet or his brother and sister's final act of shitbirdedness was to not so much as publish an obit for the guy.

I'll keep lookin'.
It is with sadness I inform you that our buddy, BeerMakesMeSmart, John to those of us who had the pleasure of meeting him outside the board, passed away on September 13th, 2017.

Cheers, Slainte and Rest In Peace, pal.
Well fuck. RIP BMMS.
Dayam.
Thank you most sincerely, my Martini teacher NYD.

Awful to see yet another original Modern Drunkard leave this earthly plane of intoxication.

Post Reply