Another Solo Mission - Drinking alone? Post here!

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Another Solo Mission

Post by Patchez »

Hugh this thread should get you up to speed.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=58405&hilit=Brown+ ... 0c993763a5
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Patchez wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:11 pm
Hugh this thread should get you up to speed.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=58405&hilit=Brown+ ... 0c993763a5
Whoa! Holy fuck - I did not know that! It's a good thing there are folks paying attention to what the fuck goes on out there. It's assholes like me that allow them to get away with it. I need to keep up better.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Hey - Modern Drunkard is on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ModernDrunkardMagazine/ Is that where all you guys are posting?

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Hugh wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:11 pm
Hey - Modern Drunkard is on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ModernDrunkardMagazine/ Is that where all you guys are posting?
Haven't facebooked in years. But if you do, support MDM however you want, as well as on Twitter, etc.

FKR does the Brutal Hammer (linked to on the FB)

That's always a good read.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Hugh wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:11 pm
I do both. Here. There. Twitter.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I`m Hitler on FuckBook.

Just joking, I avoid that stuff like the plague
Drink!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

The price tag on the shelf (bottom shelf, of course) led me to believe that the 1.75 liter bottle of Kessler's was only $11. But that was only if you bought six bottles at once. Rather than take it back, I went ahead bought it for $15.

I'm sick again, it seems I always get sick right around Superbowl time, and this Kessler's feels good on my sore throat.

Cheers to all of us out there alone in a room with our whiskey.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Hugh wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:25 pm
The price tag on the shelf (bottom shelf, of course) led me to believe that the 1.75 liter bottle of Kessler's was only $11. But that was only if you bought six bottles at once. Rather than take it back, I went ahead bought it for $15.

I'm sick again, it seems I always get sick right around Superbowl time, and this Kessler's feels good on my sore throat.

Kessler's smooth as silk...........wrapped in 80 grit sandpaper.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Patchez wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:04 pm
Hugh wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:25 pm

Kessler's smooth as silk...........wrapped in 80 grit sandpaper.

I looked up reviews on Kessler's - some reviewer on a foodie website said it was a bad whiskey. It's better than what I usually drink which is the drugstore generic whiskey. When I drink Kessler's, I feel like I'm indulging. To me, it is the good stuff. I like the history of it - Kessler traveling around the country trying to get saloons to buy it.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Kessler sounds so german.
Drink away your swineflu with it
Drink!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Friday night, home alone, the HVAC unit on the building next door is not running, so it's beautifully quite tonight. My immune system is finishing off the last of the cold viruses and I'm feeling better. For the last three years I've gotten sick around this time, and it was always two sicknesses right in a row, one after another. I went back through my diaries and discovered that as soon as I started feeling better, I would go out to a bar to celebrate. I think that's why I would get sick again - my immune system was still weak from the first cold. (According to WebMD.com our immune systems are weak until we've fully recovered.) So I'm going to stay home for a few more weeks to see if I stay healthy. This is reason 9,856 why to keep a diary.

Last night I posted a message on an NBC news story about a guy who got booted off a flight because of his body odor. As of right now, my post got more than 200 reactions: https://www.facebook.com/NBCNews/posts/3076672172352792

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Hugh wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:32 pm
For the last three years I've gotten sick around this time, and it was always two sicknesses right in a row, one after another. I went back through my diaries and discovered that as soon as I started feeling better, I would go out to a bar to celebrate. I think that's why I would get sick again - my immune system was still weak from the first cold.
Not me. One flu battled away with drink a season and I`m ready to rock the nude arctic challenge.
I only get sick every ten years but when it hits me it is baaaaaaad.
Russian buddy once infected me with some kind of chinese swine-flu. That was NASTY.

Solo here too since AD is passed out. Hey, heavy metal and more vodka for me
Drink!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Well - I haven't been on here in a while. It looks like people are posting less and less.

I've been hitting the bars a lot lately, so it feels good tonight to sit home alone and drink. BTW, my favorite Franzia, Sunset Blush, has changed its recipe. It's now sweeter and a deeper red, kind of like Vella Delicious Red. But it's still the cheapest box of wine in the place.

For years I've been sitting in this little room drinking and writing, but it wasn't until recently that I started submitting some of my poems to editors for publication. They all got rejected. So I went through and shaped them up, sent some more out, and one of them got accepted at an online literary site called Bottom Shelf Whiskey. My poem, gentrification, appears in this month's issue: https://bottom-shelf-whiskey.com/2019/04/02/april-2019/

Solo drinking is the best drinking!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

^ ^ ^
"...There’s a certain
romance to a stryofoam cup
tumbling down the sidewalk – driven by a late summer breeze"

Can almost hear it, and feel the sun

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

Hugh wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:37 pm
Well - I haven't been on here in a while. It looks like people are posting less and less.

I've been hitting the bars a lot lately, so it feels good tonight to sit home alone and drink. BTW, my favorite Franzia, Sunset Blush, has changed its recipe. It's now sweeter and a deeper red, kind of like Vella Delicious Red. But it's still the cheapest box of wine in the place.

For years I've been sitting in this little room drinking and writing, but it wasn't until recently that I started submitting some of my poems to editors for publication. They all got rejected. So I went through and shaped them up, sent some more out, and one of them got accepted at an online literary site called Bottom Shelf Whiskey. My poem, gentrification, appears in this month's issue: https://bottom-shelf-whiskey.com/2019/04/02/april-2019/

Solo drinking is the best drinking!
Congratulations. It's beautiful.
DRINK!