The Endless Tragedy of the Weekday Drop

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: The Endless Tragedy of the Weekday Drop

Post by Hugh »

benitobeast69 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:36 pm
I'll be honest I can't do it. I seldom drink when I have an early start cause I keep loosing jobs cause of it. I am so unable to moderate my drinking aside from just not drinking at all for that specific night. Every so often I'll try and convince myself...give myself the pep talk...it'll be ok. it fucking never is. I'll be unable to stand about 30minutes before I need to be getting up taking a shower. I can (kinda) easily make a decision not to drink for a night...I cannot make a decision to drink moderately.
BINGO! No such thing as drinking moderately. Either get drunk, or don't drink at all.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Same here, when I drink I also smoke chain. And eat unhealthy. Can`t afford either for a whole week
Drink!

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

I was horrible at one point, drinking until 4, passing out and then waking up at 6 and barreling along the highway towards work all wild-eyed and delirious.

I was pulled over once and that was enough for me.

Now I've got a better grip, a fist-full of the loose skin on the back of the damned beast's neck. I carry it around like an annoyed mother lion, from one hiding place to the next, away from the predatory gaze of those who may wish to steal my joyful inebriation from me.

It's all a tight-rope walk my dude. Responsibility doesn't mean you don't take that walk, it just means you tie a safety harness to the wire when you do; because in our game, falling down is just an inevitability anyway.
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

buzzsaw
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by buzzsaw »

God damn the weekend drop. Puking is a scam

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:51 pm
I was horrible at one point, drinking until 4, passing out and then waking up at 6 and barreling along the highway towards work all wild-eyed and delirious.

Now I've got a better grip, a fist-full of the loose skin on the back of the damned beast's neck. I carry it around like an annoyed mother lion, from one hiding place to the next, away from the predatory gaze of those who may wish to steal my joyful inebriation from me.

It's all a tight-rope walk my dude. Responsibility doesn't mean you don't take that walk, it just means you tie a safety harness to the wire when you do; because in our game, falling down is just an inevitability anyway.
Gawdayam. That is some fine writing.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

mistah willies wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:50 pm
Rye and Coke wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:51 pm

Gawdayam. That is some fine writing.
Agreed. That is a very good way of putting it.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

There's a certain genius in drinking yourself into a bad hangover that you know you can conquer, but one that will not conquer you.

This effort can comprise the bulk of your Weekday Drops at its most wonderfulness.

I do not purport to have mastered this art. There are many variables at hand.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

I have to manage my work day tipples very carefully lest the beast run rampant and there is a) either a no call no show or b) a very slurred call to the boss in the wee hours of the morning negating any bull shit lies I may attempt.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I prefer home office stuff to going out because people can`t see your ugly mug and better yet can not smell you
Drink!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

oettinger wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:34 pm
I prefer home office stuff to going out because people can`t see your ugly mug and better yet can not smell you
My home office is a small room with a chair, a bottle, and a dangling light bulb that's broken.