Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by Dear Booze »

oettinger wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:39 pm
I see the McDonalds logo there on the fries and Coke, but what the fuck are those burgers about? The McDonalds I know isn't that fancy.
DRINK!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Dear Booze wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:01 pm
oettinger wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:39 pm
I see the McDonalds logo there on the fries and Coke, but what the fuck are those burgers about? The McDonalds I know isn't that fancy.
And what I would like to know is...what is "Texas style" and "California style". BBQ sauce and Mayonnaise presumably.
Okole maluna!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:21 am
Today I learned while shopping at a grocery store in Germany that there are a lot of things called "American" style. Evidently there is such a thing as "American dressing". (Basically Thousand Island). Don't y'all love the flag on the label? 'Murrica! F yeah! Oh yeah and check out these "American sausages".

Pickled hot dogs? What were those like? I can only imagine they'd be more like Vienna sausages.

Are the 'real German frankfurters' made with real Germans?

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

Please, A.D., PLEASE, learn enough German to inform the shopping citizens of Wooperdorf that "American" hotdogs are NEVER brined and sold in a fucking Smuckers Jelly jar. To be real American, they gotta be packed in some shitty thick plastic package. And please explain to them that the package is not resealable, and that they will also need to buy some zip lock baggies to put the shitty package of unused hotdogs into for storage to prevent all the non-brined juice from leaking all over the bottom of their "crisper" drawer in the fridge. Oh, and if you learn enough German, you can explain to them that a regular sandwich-size zip lock will not be big enough.

Fucking savages!

(Does anyone else here see the brilliance of selling hotdogs in a jar?)
DRINK!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Dear Booze wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:56 am
Please, A.D., PLEASE, learn enough German to inform the shopping citizens of Wooperdorf that "American" hotdogs are NEVER brined and sold in a fucking Smuckers Jelly jar. To be real American, they gotta be packed in some shitty thick plastic package. And please explain to them that the package is not resealable, and that they will also need to buy some zip lock baggies to put the shitty package of unused hotdogs into for storage to prevent all the non-brined juice from leaking all over the bottom of their "crisper" drawer in the fridge. Oh, and if you learn enough German, you can explain to them that a regular sandwich-size zip lock will not be big enough.

Fucking savages!

For real. I mean,much to my disdain to agree to "German Style" anything, the jar of meat brine just does make sense. They were sorta terrible btw and it didn't help that sie Oett BOILED them. I dunno if it's an 'Murrican thing but I don't boil meat. Never ever EVER!

Americans...what do we have that we would call "German Style"? Sauerkraut? Please share.
Okole maluna!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

"German Style" is always something cool like beer. Let's all go to Tyson's Corner BTW!

Okole maluna!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:43 pm
Dear Booze wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:56 am

Fucking savages!

For real. I mean,much to my disdain to agree to "German Style" anything, the jar of meat brine just does make sense. They were sorta terrible btw and it didn't help that sie Oett BOILED them. I dunno if it's an 'Murrican thing but I don't boil meat. Never ever EVER!

Americans...what do we have that we would call "German Style"? Sauerkraut? Please share.
Were the American style skinless? Cause boiling hot dogs in natural casing just makes them really really weird.
Occasionally stuff like 'German style bockwurst' or 'German style red cabbage' shows up in the grocery stores.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Having had my fill of American made cocktail weenies and Slim Jims in my time, I can accept the concept of German hot dogs in a jar, perhaps even appreciate it. But Germany is also the former Nazi country that gives us cheeseburger in a can. In a fucking can.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

Badfellow wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:25 pm
cheeseburger in a can[/url].
"Pointless but fun" Great review. And based on that review, I really want to fucking try it! Heat up the can in water or on a stove. Sounds pointless AND fun!
DRINK!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Badfellow wrote:
Having had my fill of American made cocktail weenies and Slim Jims in my time, I can accept the concept of German hot dogs in a jar, perhaps even appreciate it. But Germany is also the former Nazi country that gives us cheeseburger in a can. In a fucking can.
Are they still made from grass fed beef from Auschwitz farms?

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

scream ale wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:17 pm
Badfellow wrote:
Isn't Vienna in Australia? Then why does the Terminator sound Polish?

And what about polish sausage? Hmmm?
Oett. Please explain this conspiracy.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

scream ale wrote:

Yes from Auschwitz Farms and KNazi Berry Farms. Delicious!

Okole maluna!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

scream ale wrote:
Badfellow wrote:
It's a long story, but Auschwitz Meadows was bought out by Nazi Berry Farms, who was in turn merged with Himmler's Own organics before being absorbed by Amazon.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

^ ^ ^ And after further speculation of the photo I posted, we should buy stocks for Ye Olde Oak brand as they seem to be ruling in the canned and jarred processed meats.
Okole maluna!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

It's called Ye Olde Oak for a reason, specifically because of all the sawdust they use as a filler.