Wednesday Night Throwdown

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Re: Wednesday Night Throwdown

Post by Dear Booze »

Savage wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 2:50 am
JohnnyT wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:26 pm
the handle of the sailor has just been opened. the mexican whore is here. we've got cajun zydeco music going. it is fridayin oceanside.
Usually, people wait until Saturday night to get a regrettable tattoo in Oceanside. Hill street blues.
Oceanside. Well, dammit, I always wondered what part of california you were in. Until recently, I traveled there fairly often. I kinda fell in love with day drinking at a place called Firewater. But I heard they closed recently. Wish I would have known, I would have invited you and Grump out for a few pops.
DRINK!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

It's Tuesday morning in America, and Savage has not been to sleep. I missed the morning prayer and the pledge of allegiance, but that glass doesn't fill itself. I came here for the booze and to kick some ass, but I'm all out of little pink umbrellas.
like tears in rain

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

I'm not working - in my day job, anyway - tomorrow, so there has been a tanking of dark rum and assorted beers. Let the morning bring all it can. Falling asleep with my middle fingers held high.

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

Got a gin and tonic and Canadian whiskey after work and am now settling down with a vodka lemonade, trying to write this article I have due for work. Gotta get the creative juices going. What better hand to squeeze the old melon dry to the rind than alcohol.

It's 10:30 p.m. US East Coast time. Let's see where the night takes me.
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 8:39 pm
Got a gin and tonic and Canadian whiskey after work and am now settling down with a vodka lemonade, trying to write this article I have due for work. Gotta get the creative juices going. What better hand to squeeze the old melon dry to the rind than alcohol.

It's 10:30 p.m. US East Coast time. Let's see where the night takes me.
Oh snap, I forgot about this. I ended up writing and finishing the article with my usual lackluster attempt at gonzo. Here's a link for those interested. Here.

Tonight's Wednesday again, I may have to recreate that magic. If anyone's down, I'll be on to see what type of shenanigans I can get up to.
Last edited by Rye and Coke on Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:32 pm
Oh snap, I forgot about this. I ended up writing and finishing the article with my usual lackluster attempt at gonzo. Here's a link for those interested. Here.
Hey, fine journalistic form, R&C. That liquor and arrangement of syntax thing seems to be working well for you.

Personally, I believe the end times shall be heralded by the Four E-Scootermen of the Apocalypse.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

I'd ride a scooter, if it could have a boost to 75mph. And of course, a big ahooga horn. For safety, ya see.
like tears in rain

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Rye and Coke »

Wednesday is way more of an active drinking night for me. At least, more than it should be. I just finished the Flying Dog Woody Creek White, which I surprisingly love. I'm not usually into white beers.

I also did several shots of Redemption Rye. Let's see where things go.

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Rye and Coke »

Redemption Rye Manhattan and a tequila and lime. I'm trying to do some work while listening to a Doug Stanhope podcast episode. Some time ago, I ordered an MDM t-shirt along with the most recent issue of the Modern Drunken Magazine. It came in yesterday, along with a sticker and a beer cozy. It was the first piece of clothing I purchased for myself since last year. I need to start taking care of myself, I guess is the point.

I think my 40s are going to be a time where I start looking inward. Alcohol will be a natural lubricant to this process. I know a lot of you are older than me, so if you've gone through this weird mid-life crisis-esque thing...let me know.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Flying Dog still makes woody creek?? Haven't seen it since maybe 2014/15.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

I'm back the old thing: bourbon. But I cut it with coke, because the docs told me that my (damn, can't spell it) liver was putting out ads for a ride outta town--to be joined by my kidneys for traveling companions.
like tears in rain

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Rye and Coke »

Alright, this time I'm serious.

No more passing out at 1 without accomplishing something. Savage, if you're out there, you have permission to throw ice cubes at me if you see me nodding off.

I have to take my son to his middle school orientation, so I'm getting as much work done now so's to free a block of time for me to take off tomorrow.

I'm listening to Stone Temple Pilots and drinking Vodka Lemonade's, that should be fuel enough to get things done.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:09 pm
Alright, this time I'm serious.

No more passing out at 1 without accomplishing something. Savage, if you're out there, you have permission to throw ice cubes at me if you see me nodding off.

I have to take my son to his middle school orientation, so I'm getting as much work done now so's to free a block of time for me to take off tomorrow.

I'm listening to Stone Temple Pilots and drinking Vodka Lemonade's, that should be fuel enough to get things done.
You know what works for me? I ditch the classical and Halloween and such and go for the antique rock. Like Woodstock stuff. I wasn't old enough to go there, but dang. They had some good music. And then I do things to champagne. Sometimes involving bourbon. And fruit juice. And realizing that the music is perhaps a tad too loud and I don't want my new neighbors calling the cops on me, so.....chill....
And check to make sure that Grumpy is still breathing.
like tears in rain

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Woo! Wednesday night! Bourbon and beer!
Trying not to hate the desolate midweek fuckery that is Wednesday. Having mixed success.

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Rye and Coke »

I'm currently watching the best drinking horror/Halloween movie there is: Jaws.

Everyone drinks on this damn thing and if you drink when they drink you're guaranteed to be seeing sharks by the time the things through. I also learned that if you allow someone to talk you out of a drink you love, you'll regret it. I was in the line of my local liquor warehouse and a woman seeing my purchase of Ezra Brooks Rye whiskey and Veil vodka asked, innocently enough, what my favorite rye brand was.

I thought about it and said the brand that I liked buying the most: TJD Rye.

"That's a little bitter isn't it?"

NOW ALL I CAN TASTE IS HOW BITTER IT IS!! GOT DAMMNIT! THIS ASSHOLE CHANGED MY PALETTE WITH HER DISAPPROVING TONE!!

Whatever the case, that's the last time I tell anyone what my favorite of anything is. This is especially true if they look as if they have hipster leanings.