Another Solo Mission - Drinking alone? Post here!

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: Another Solo Mission

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Hugh wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 12:34 am
Whew! I can still log in, so I'm not banned. Thanks for giving an idiot a break. I promise not to post a bunch of drunken bullshit on here until the next time I do it.

Living the life of an urban recluse is the best. It's like Henry David Thoreau but with electricity and plumbing. And internet. There's nothing like solo drinking.
We WELCOME drunken bullshit (the good kind, not the asshole kind) Hugh so keep it up! I too, strive each day to achieve an even higher level of urban reclusiveness. Considering the places I lived that were so far removed from society, I think the only other place I could go to top it is another planet. That's how important it is to me.

Oh and you aren't an idiot by any means.
Okole maluna!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Hugh wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 12:34 am
But I'll take one last look at these poems in my printer tray so that when I see them tomorrow morning I won't wonder is someone broke in here while I was asleep and wrote a bunch of crappy poems.
Or a genius broke in! Next time make it easy and leave the door open.

And what AD said, drunken posting recommended!!!
Remember Post often post drunk post often drunk

Only idiots get the ban hammer (and one has to try really hard to be considered one under our relax watch, see Booze, Dear). But you rock. Keep going, Cheers
Drink!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Goddamb. Yesterday was another ten-hour terrible day at the bars. Since I had to go out to apply for a new driver license and Real ID (They rejected me for the Real ID) I went to the bars afterward. When I ask myself, "Why do I keep going to the fucking bars?" the answer seems to be because I'm already outside. But it wouldn't be so bad if I could just stop when it's time. I don't just drink until I'm drunk, I drink until I drop. At least I didn't lose all of my vital documents last night.

Got another poem accepted over at an online zine called Dope Fiend Daily: https://thedopefienddaily.blogspot.com/ ... anton.html

I sent three poems to them and they accepted all three. The others will appear in future issues. If I keep having all this good luck I"m going to get the fathead.

Tonight is a night for staying home and solitary drinking. That's how it should be all the time. Just me and my booze.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

"As soon as the hangover ends - so does the rehab." I like that one Hugh
Drink!

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

oettinger wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 10:34 am
"As soon as the hangover ends - so does the rehab." I like that one Hugh
Reminds me of when I visited a Buddy of mine 10 years ago. I got him so fucked up on Jim Beam Black that he couldn't move or eat the whole next day. He swore up and down that he would never drink whiskey again, only beer. Now he sends me a picture of his latest whiskey bottle almost every week!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Already drank 6 16 oz cans of Hamm's tonight, I can't take no more. I'm switching up to whiskey. Just poured a glass of Ten High.

Patchez - you once posted about Kessler whiskey. So what would you say about Kessler and Ten High compared to each other? I can't afford the expensive stuff, and Kessler is one dollar more than Ten High. But maybe I should pay a little more. I can't afford Jim Beam. Even Evan Williams is too much. I usually get the generic drug store whiskey. But I like the look of the label on Kessler and Ten High..

Fucking Amazon Prime is fucking with me. I used to listen to the free Amazon music player and it had stations like Pandora. But now the Amazon uses cover bands instead of real bands and if I want to hear the real bands I have to pay extra. Fuck Them! I pay for Amazon Prime I should get the real music!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

My Amazon Prime was $128 this year. When I first signed up it was $99. Now I have to start questioning whether or not it is worth it. But I knew this would happen from day one. Jeff Bezos is taking over the world bit by bit, and we don't even know it. One day we will all be paying $500,000 per year for a Prime membership that includes nothing but 30 day free shipping.
Last edited by Hugh on Fri May 24, 2019 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

But this is what puts one in a good mood, right here. Staying home alone with one's booze is absolute bliss. I don't care if Amazon rips me off, I don't care if my whiskey costs too much, as long as I can sit here in this room by myself drinking and writing crappy poems and stories. I won't wake up tomorrow with regrets about money spent at the bar, with regrets about stupid shit I did/said at the bar. I stayed home alone, on this "solo mission" and got good and fucked up. That's how life is meant to be lived.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Somebody recommend the highest proof whiskey that is available. I don't care how much it costs. I want to drink the hard stuff.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

You guys are the real drunks of the world. I don't care what some website recommends for whiskey. You guys know better than them. This is the best website I ever found. I've lost all of my good online communities over the years since I got on the internet. If I lose this one, I'm out.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Hugh wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 11:04 pm
I won't wake up tomorrow with regrets about money spent at the bar, with regrets about stupid shit I did/said at the bar. I stayed home alone, on this "solo mission" and got good and fucked up. That's how life is meant to be lived.
I agree wholeheartedly until I learned that solo missions can become even better when it becomes a duo mission when you marry a fellow drunkard.
Okole maluna!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Hugh wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 11:12 pm
You guys are the real drunks of the world. I don't care what some website recommends for whiskey. You guys know better than them. This is the best website I ever found. I've lost all of my good online communities over the years since I got on the internet. If I lose this one, I'm out.
You won`t lose us.

And fuck Bezos

Oh and I don`t know about lowshelf bourbon, but Aldi has some for 5 bucks the handle here in germany.
It`s like a threshold for lowest shelf here. Five buck vodka, whisky, gin, tequialla... the only thing cheaper is german schnapps. That liquid rat-poison is your`s for only four a bottle
Drink!

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Hugh wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 11:12 pm
You guys are the real drunks of the world.
Amen, brother! Nobody drinks like we do.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I`ll guzzle a gallon of vodka to that, cheers
Drink!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Hugh wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 10:55 pm

Patchez - you once posted about Kessler whiskey. So what would you say about Kessler and Ten High compared to each other? I can't afford the expensive stuff, and Kessler is one dollar more than Ten High. But maybe I should pay a little more. I can't afford Jim Beam. Even Evan Williams is too much. I usually get the generic drug store whiskey. But I like the look of the label on Kessler and Ten High..

Ten High has more bourbon in the blend than Kessler's. That means a bit more flavor out of the Ten High. Kessler is good and at only a buck more, I'd say buy one before you finish the TH and let your palate decide.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice