"What are you eating - Thread"

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Savage, Donald J. Drunk, Screwball

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: "What are you eating - Thread"

Post by Artful Drunktective »

scream ale wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 10:00 am
Whipped up a batch of Mac salad for the garbage plates I'm making tomorrow. Came out decent.
I freaking love mac salad. It's a staple in Hawaii so I consider myself a connoisseur in the mac salad department. Sometimes it's even mixed with potato salad which is pretty good too.

This weekend on the barbie we had bacon wrapped sausages, bacon wrapped mushrooms with homemade ranch dressing, pork skewers, corn on the cob, and also a hot artichoke dip with baguette and tortilla chips. It all was very much a tongue boner.
Okole maluna!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 2:32 am
scream ale wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 10:00 am
Whipped up a batch of Mac salad for the garbage plates I'm making tomorrow. Came out decent.
I freaking love mac salad. It's a staple in Hawaii so I consider myself a connoisseur in the mac salad department. Sometimes it's even mixed with potato salad which is pretty good too.

This weekend on the barbie we had bacon wrapped sausages, bacon wrapped mushrooms with homemade ranch dressing, pork skewers, corn on the cob, and also a hot artichoke dip with baguette and tortilla chips. It all was very much a tongue boner.
I make the driest mac salad in the world. It's partly because I don't really like mayo. I've grown to love my dry as hell mac salad but whenever other people eat it I get strange looks. I've been told putting the cooked macaroni in a bowl of cold water in the fridge for a few hours prior to draining and adding the other ingredients helps but I've yet to try this myself.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Leftover thick crust pizza. Half cheese, half pepperoni. And extra hot sauce.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Leftovers consisting of an assortment of vegetables, meat and pasta. Livin' the dream on Wednesday night.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: "What are you eating - with pasta and protein"

^ ^ ^ What did it entail? Inquiring drunkards who are always looking for new recipes would love to know.

Oett made a mean Asian noodle (not sure if it was vermicelli or pad thai) with chicken and some carrots, bamboo shoots, (I added green onions and crushed up peanuts), with a shoyu and oyster sauce base and whatever other awesome Asian-y ingredients we found just laying around. Ain't nothing wrong with pasta with some meat n' veg! Or fungi...or fruit if tomatoes are involved. Endless possibilities and it's always a most satisfying meal.

Other drunken regular favorites include chicken and spinach Alfredo linguine, Swedish meatballs with mushrooms and egg noodles, cheeseburger macaroni with crushed tomato sauce.

He likes salmon with cream sauce in pasta but I'm not really sold on the idea of fish mixed in with my pasta. Shellfish however is a whole 'nuther story!

Shrimp...clams, and mussels, oh my!
Lions and tigers and...oh nevermind.
Okole maluna!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

^^
It was a tomato sauce I made in the crock pot over the weekend that involved peppers, onions and hot Italian sausage. Over spaghetti. Also roasted the last of the zucchini I picked up over the weekend and had that with the sketti. Not bad at all.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Mac and cheese with hamburger, onions, and broccoli. Hamburger Helpyourself.

Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Bur »

Generic "what's left before hitting the grocery store"-soup. This time it was some pork, potatoes (sweet ones too), carrots, dried kale, chili, onions (ze red ones) and healthy amount of curry and cayenne pepper. Thought about grilling today, but it randomly started raining.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

scream ale wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:26 pm

I make the driest mac salad in the world. It's partly because I don't really like mayo. I've grown to love my dry as hell mac salad but whenever other people eat it I get strange looks. I've been told putting the cooked macaroni in a bowl of cold water in the fridge for a few hours prior to draining and adding the other ingredients helps but I've yet to try this myself.

Sour cream or maybe even ranch dressing are good substitutes for mayo. I'm with ya... I don't like a mayonnaise overload. It's greasy. Sour cream I do in mac salad type pastas and potato salads for that matter and it turns out pretty good and creamy.

We really do need to have a drunkard cookbook compilation.
Okole maluna!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

scream ale wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:11 pm
Mac and cheese with hamburger, onions, and broccoli. Hamburger Helpyourself.
Bur wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:13 am
Generic "what's left before hitting the grocery store"-soup. This time it was some pork, potatoes (sweet ones too), carrots, dried kale, chili, onions (ze red ones) and healthy amount of curry and cayenne pepper. Thought about grilling today, but it randomly started raining.
I would tear both of those concoctions up fo' sho.

I made a creamy chicken mushroom casserole with stuffing on top for crispiness. Every day is a casserole day in the oettinger household! Huzzah!
Okole maluna!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:41 am
We really do need to have a drunkard cookbook compilation.[/color]
I agree. That would be pretty awesome.

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

I'm picking up some Chinese food from Kowloon Kitchen. The place has been around for at least 50 years and the same people have been running the place for the entire time. They don't age at all. Also, their english has never improved. I'm not even sure what the fuck I just ordered. When the old lady yelled my order to the people in the kitchen, it sounded like "BABY CRAYONS CA CA!"
Last edited by Dear Booze on Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DRINK!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

^ ^ ^ There was a place I always went to that was the same when I would try to call the order in.

Me - Can I please order one chicken katsu?
Asian lady with strong accent - Okay. One shrimp tempura for you.
Me - No, one chicken katsu, please.
ALWSA - One shrimp tempura. Okay, got it.

No matter what I ordered it always sounded like shrimp tempura. Amazing though I would finally get through and get the correct order. Worst case scenario I end up with shrimp tempura and definitely no complaints there either.
Okole maluna!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Baked steak ciabatta sandwiches. Fried tomato, chilli, onion, beef slices. Remoulade sauce and cheese topping. Dipping it in spicy beef broth.
Tongue orgasm
Drink!

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

^ Fancy bastard.

Got a breakfast burrito from Sonic. They're actually pretty good.

Anyways, it was just to get something in my stomach before the day's drinking.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.