Great drinking oriented movies

Moderators: Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Frankennietzsche, Bur, ThirstyDrunk

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Great drinking oriented movies

Post by mistah willies » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:34 pm

^

Much appreciated you youngsters.

Now I have something new to me to explore...

Hell ya

Rye and Coke
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:08 pm

Damn, this is an old thread.

Sorry for upping it, but I had to add Bad Santa to this. Even Bad Santa 2, which wasn't as good, but at least they didn't make him some reformed dry square. I watch it every Christmas; it's a TRADITION!
"I feel sorry for people who don’t drink or do drugs. Because someday they’re going to be in a hospital bed, dying, and they won’t know why." - Redd Foxx

scream ale
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by scream ale » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:14 pm

They made a sequel to Bad Santa? Where the hell was I?

Patchez
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Patchez » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:27 pm

Rye and Coke wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:08 pm
Damn, this is an old thread.

Sorry for upping it, but I had to add Bad Santa to this. Even Bad Santa 2, which wasn't as good, but at least they didn't make him some reformed dry square. I watch it every Christmas; it's a TRADITION!
Check out Billy Bob in Goliath. It's a series on Prime. Drunkard lawyer vs. the big guys. Really good. Lives in a shitty hotel right next to his favorite bar.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Rye and Coke
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:01 pm

Jose Beam wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:27 pm
Of course I see lots of mentions of Barfly, but let us not forget it's ugly cousin Factotum. Not as fun, but still dern good to get souced to.
I actually love Factotum, but for different reasons than I love Barfly. I see the two separate depictions as the two sides of Bukowski: Barfly showed the hopeless romantic poet and stumble bum, and Factotum showed the hedonistic, abusive working man who had a distaste for authority.

Both were true, and both have their place.
"I feel sorry for people who don’t drink or do drugs. Because someday they’re going to be in a hospital bed, dying, and they won’t know why." - Redd Foxx

oettinger
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by oettinger » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:51 pm

Rye and Coke wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:01 pm
Jose Beam wrote:
Of course I see lots of mentions of Barfly, but let us not forget it's ugly cousin Factotum. Not as fun, but still dern good to get souced to.
I actually love Factotum, but for different reasons than I love Barfly. I see the two separate depictions as the two sides of Bukowski: Barfly showed the hopeless romantic poet and stumble bum, and Factotum showed the hedonistic, abusive working man who had a distaste for authority.

Why do I have to always tipe this: The most accurate Bukowsky: Tales of Ordinary Madness

drink my wine and leave
I do not remember posting that ^^^

Rye and Coke
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Rye and Coke » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:42 pm

oettinger wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:51 pm
Rye and Coke wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:01 pm
Jose Beam wrote:

Why do I have to always tipe this: The most accurate Bukowsky: Tales of Ordinary Madness

drink my wine and leave
Tales of Ordinary Madness (full film)

Found the full movie I think; I'm saving it for later.