Whatcha listening to?

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Lush City, peetie44

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: Whatcha listening to?

Post by Nausea »

Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Nausea wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:50 pm
The Black Dahlia Murder -- A Vulgar Picture

This track is hot fire.
No no no, does anyone remeber Testament`s masterpiece The Gathering?
Drink!

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

oettinger wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:03 pm

No no no, does anyone remeber Testament`s masterpiece The Gathering?
Not bad. Stupid album art, though.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Drink!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

oettinger wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:55 pm
T. Rex - 20th Century Boy
The Kinks - 20th Century Man This totally rocks. Make sure you are stoned to truly appreciate this.
https://youtu.be/mrmQB38aT5U
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Okole maluna!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Nausea wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:25 am
Nihill -- Spiral: The Tail Eater

One of my favorite black metal bands. The vocalist died recently, which sucks, and the band is calling it quits -- bummer.
Good stuff. I'll be looking for more of their stuff in future. Speaking of black metal, I came across this in my recent interweb boredom searching Torzburg - Dracula's Castle

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

scream ale wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:39 am
Nausea wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:25 am
Nihill -- Spiral: The Tail Eater

One of my favorite black metal bands. The vocalist died recently, which sucks, and the band is calling it quits -- bummer.
Good stuff. I'll be looking for more of their stuff in future. Speaking of black metal, I came across this in my recent interweb boredom searching Torzburg - Dracula's Castle
Nihill has a bandcamp with their almost-complete discography. I'll listen to yours later this evening. Volume control is too annoying on this cheap laptop and the bandcamp app doesn't have a slider.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Neil Young for the upcoming full moon
Harvest Moon
Okole maluna!

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:44 am
Harvest Moon
Neil Young is one of my favorites. And I love this song. But I've never seen this shitty video until today. Let's examine the thing...

I'm certain that the actor chosen to sweep the parking lot has never operated a broom before.

The video is a who's who of Neil Young's immediate orbit. Look closely and you will see John Prine, Huey Lewis, Ben Keith (who played on 1973's Harvest), Spooner Olham (who did the soundtrack for Rain Man, The Color of Money, Meet the Parents, and Mr Robot), and Pegi Young (Neil's wife, who he resently left for Daryl Hannah).

Speaking of Daryl Hannah, didn't she used to fuck Neil's old Laurel Canyon buddy, Jackson Brown? I'm pretty sure he beat the fuck out of her before she started dating JFK Jr.

Oh, and has anyone seen her lately. She didn't age well. Shit, she is one ugly woman! Perfect for Neil.

Linda Ronstadt provided background vocals on the recording, but I didn't see her on the video. Was that Geena Davis playing a backup singer?

Sweet premise to the video, but who the fuck walks into a bar and starts dancing without first getting a drink?

To that point, I didnt see a lot of drinking going on at all.

At the end, when Neil and Pegi get into the car, a dog jumps out of the window of the truck parked next to them. It would be a lot more interesting if that dog had a bigger part. Maybe attacking someone. Anyone. Who directed this thing?

All in all, the video sucked.

But thanks for sharing.
DRINK!

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

^^^^ Regarding the Harvest Moon video, we can come up with a better script.

Here's my suggestion:

Neil and Pegi walk into the bar, past the sweeper retard. The sweeper retard is played by Neil and Pegi's ACTUAL retard son.

The two main characters get loaded on shots of Rock and Rye and Cement Mixer shooters.

Neil fucks Daryl Hannah in the bathroom. Pegi walks in on them. Pegi and Daryl start fighting.

The rabid dog attacks the retard son.

Neil leaves with Daryl under the harvest moon.
DRINK!

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Dear Booze wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:01 pm
Artful Drunktective wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:44 am
Harvest Moon
Neil Young is one of my favorites. And I love this song. But I've never seen this shitty video until today. Let's examine the thing...

I'm certain that the actor chosen to sweep the parking lot has never operated a broom before. - Pretty sure he's sweeping gravel.

Speaking of Daryl Hannah, didn't she used to fuck Neil's old Laurel Canyon buddy, Jackson Brown? I'm pretty sure he beat the fuck out of her before she started dating JFK Jr. - Yes, I believe he did.

Oh, and has anyone seen her lately. She didn't age well. Shit, she is one ugly woman! Perfect for Neil. - She definitely peaked in Splash!

Linda Ronstadt provided background vocals on the recording, but I didn't see her on the video. Was that Geena Davis playing a backup singer? - Yes she was Linda's stunt and body double. And did you notice they were singing into a cheese grater? wtf...

Sweet premise to the video, but who the fuck walks into a bar and starts dancing without first getting a drink? - Maybe they were drunk already?

To that point, I didnt see a lot of drinking going on at all.

At the end, when Neil and Pegi get into the car, a dog jumps out of the window of the truck parked next to them. It would be a lot more interesting if that dog had a bigger part. Maybe attacking someone. Anyone. Who directed this thing? - Yeah I was expecting the dog to jump in the car or something. How anticlimactic!
You can always break it down with the best critiques, DB. My synopsis is that there are a lot of people in that bar that could use several washings with some Mane n' Tail Shampoo, and that the local flannel retailer makes BANK!
Okole maluna!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Leo Soileau - La Valse Criminale

Getting fucked up on Friday eve. Cheers!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Frank Zappa - Wonderful Wino
https://youtu.be/NfnJjaUb6ds
Singing is Rich Lancelotti who died from partying too much every night before he could go on a road trip with the FZ group.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.