What are you drinking right now?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by Badfellow »

Gonna go out on a limb here and say that the Weller 107 Manhattan straight up is the most delicious cocktail on earth, and I shall take to task any errant fool who might dare imply otherwise.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

oettinger wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:51 am
I don`t know, white russians just don`t blend with summer time...

The dude does not abide with this nihilistic disillusionment.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:43 am
scream ale wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:41 pm
Southern Tier harvest ale. I know it's not fall yet but I'm drinking it anyway.
I'm such an out-of-season drinker. I'll drink Porters and Barleywine's in July if I could find them. Right now, I'm drinking a screwdriver, about to go out and see my daughter's time trials for cross country.
Speaking of drinking a little out of season, just picked up a sixer of The Fear. Weighing in at 9% alcohol it's an imperial pumpkin ale made by Flying Dog. Going to crack into that a little later.

Mr Rye, I remember seeing another post of yours located elsewhere about drinking Woody Creek. I wasn't aware Flying Dog still made it as I haven't seen it around here for at least the the last 5/6 years. Was it some ancient bottle kicking around the bar?

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

The day's plan is to get relentlessly drunk on Kentucky Deluxe. I'm stocked up, locked, and getting loaded. It has begun.

May Monday never come.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Sound plan, I`m getting wasted for a solid 10 hours now. Maybe a late night skype call is in order. Too bad we have a guest over, but we`ll make it
Drink!

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

scream ale wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:30 am
Rye and Coke wrote:
scream ale wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:41 pm
Southern Tier harvest ale. I know it's not fall yet but I'm drinking it anyway.
I'm such an out-of-season drinker. I'll drink Porters and Barleywine's in July if I could find them. Right now, I'm drinking a screwdriver, about to go out and see my daughter's time trials for cross country.
Speaking of drinking a little out of season, just picked up a sixer of The Fear. Weighing in at 9% alcohol it's an imperial pumpkin ale made by Flying Dog. Going to crack into that a little later.

Mr Rye, I remember seeing another post of yours located elsewhere about drinking Woody Creek. I wasn't aware Flying Dog still made it as I haven't seen it around here for at least the the last 5/6 years. Was it some ancient bottle kicking around the bar?

Actually no, I don't know if it's just Maryland, but at my local liquor warehouse Total Wine & More, they had a full-on seasonal roll out. Ironically, I'd never seen it before. It looked like a great summer beer so I thought I'd try it out to celebrate the waning dog days.

Here's a pic, in case we're talking about two different types of beer:

Maybe it's a regional thing where they take it away and bring it back, location by location, like the McRib. Who knows? It's good tho'. As far as light, summer beers, I'd recommend it.
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Spray some WD-40 in it and it goes down like mother`s milk
Drink!

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

WD-40 is pure magic.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

oettinger wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:09 am
Sound plan, I`m getting wasted for a solid 10 hours now. Maybe a late night skype call is in order. Too bad we have a guest over, but we`ll make it
Yeah, I saw that. I have to download this gotdamn thing so I can move forward with my life.

When I drink, I have to keep off the roads (Not that I drink and drive because, Lord knows I've learned my lesson with that bit of stupidness), but there's something to be said about drinking with a group of like minded compatriots.

So I'm going to get my daughter to help me do the whole...Skype thing. Cause I'm an idiot when it comes to tech stuff.
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Rye and Coke »

oettinger wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:12 am
Spray some WD-40 in it and it goes down like mother`s milk
I'm actually a little drunk so it took me a moment to realize the joke. I was like, "....WHY'RE THEY DRINKING OIL?!"

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:10 am
scream ale wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:30 am
Rye and Coke wrote:

Actually no, I don't know if it's just Maryland, but at my local liquor warehouse Total Wine & More, they had a full-on seasonal roll out. Ironically, I'd never seen it before. It looked like a great summer beer so I thought I'd try it out to celebrate the waning dog days.

Here's a pic, in case we're talking about two different types of beer:

Maybe it's a regional thing where they take it away and bring it back, location by location, like the McRib. Who knows? It's good tho'. As far as light, summer beers, I'd recommend it.
The label looks a little different but that's the stuff. Few things were finer than downing a sixer of Woody Creek on a muggy summer day. I agree must be a regional thing as I'm in upstate New York.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

This is an important question when you are drinking as profusely as me.
Tequila shots from Jalisco and Mexican lager beer chasers. Don't mess with me!
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Bell's double two hearted ale. A double American ipa that weighs in at 11% alcohol. This is some excellent stuff and bottled just over a week ago.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Lush City wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:26 pm
Drinking Old Forrester single barrel bourbon special edition. The local convenience store went and bought a single barrel from the distillery and they bottled and packed them into cases. They've been selling locally now for over 2yrs and they are down to the last 8 cases out of over 200. It's been a great run but the store has expressed intention of going to the Woodford Reserve folks for a deal. Drink up!
Cheers brother I'm on the rye tonight! Cheers!

Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Currently drinking Evan and Genny. Should be a fun night. Cheers!