Sunday

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Sunday

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Sunday Morning Coming Down
Johnny Cash

"The beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad
so I had twelve more for desert."
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:13 pm
Sunday Morning Coming Down
Johnny Cash

"The beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad
so I had twelve more for desert."
Love this song and have felt it many of times. Nice version too. Thanks for sharing.
Okole maluna!

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

I have to tell myself: "YOU HAVE TO CLEAN THE BATHROOM! YOU HAVE TO CLEAN THE BATHROOM! YOU HAVE TO CLEAN THE BATHROOM! YOU HAVE TO CLEAN THE BATHROOM! YOU HAVE TO CLEAN THE BATHROOM! YOU HAVE TO CLEAN THE BATHROOM! YOU HAVE TO CLEAN THE BATHROOM! YOU HAVE TO CLEAN THE BATHROOM!"

Ugh, I don't feel like it. And I have to go shopping for food, AND I have to cook dinner....

This is not the easy Sunday I was hoping for. The home mini bar is almost drained dry. All I have left is a quarter fifth of vodka and a shot or two of tequila. Christ. I blame Christ. My parents' church had grandparents day so -- against my better judgement -- I took the family to service to make my folks happy. I think they're still in denial that their son is an atheist, but it is what it is. I'm just pissed because it threw off my entire day.

I should be sitting on the couch with a rye-based drink, watching House M.D. with clothes in the dryer and food in the oven.

Instead, I'm several hours behind where I should be; with no food, no clean clothes and no alcohol.

Goddamn God! Damn!

Well, I screwed up my foot kicking a door and I might just stay home tomorrow. So there's that.
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Thank god I don`t belive in thís Jesus fucker. Hell no, christ sakes!!!
Rye and Coke wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:43 pm

I should be sitting on the couch with a rye-based drink,
tasty
Rye based? Like you have to dilute your rotgut pruno with something fruity fresh and tasty
Drink!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Good afternoon sunday drunks.

Today the stupid triathlon took place. It was wose than expected. I toy with the idea of complaining for noise on drunk sunday at the city council. Some of those cheering people really were over the top. One lady in particular. Our house is right at the summit of the long hill climb. So of course assholes are cheering for the bike riders to give it a last push etc

Atleast I slept through most of it and they were done by 2 p.m.

It still sucked big time. And they had perfect weather. They totally messed up the last day of summer.

Getting drunk helped though.

Prost everyone
Drink!

gede
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Re: Sund

Post by gede »

A long and slow Sunday now that the sun itself has actually returned. Took the kayak out on the ocean with a few beverages stowed in the (as it turns out, not) watertight storage compartment. It’s quite hard to paddle with a beer balanced between your legs, best option is just to forsake all attempts at movement and recline fifty odd meters offshore. Relax in peace and quiet whilst the summer crowds pack the beach...

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Sund

Post by oettinger »

gede wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:18 am
A long and slow Sunday now that the sun itself has actually returned. Took the kayak out on the ocean with a few beverages stowed in the (as it turns out, not) watertight storage compartment. It’s quite hard to paddle with a beer balanced between your legs, best option is just to forsake all attempts at movement and recline fifty odd meters offshore. Relax in peace and quiet whilst the summer crowds pack the beach...
Kayak and drunk offshore? Isn`t that kinda dangerous?

Super chill sunday here you drunk folks. Set the alarm for 5:40 tomorrow morning though.
I don`t know about you but I prefer to shower the afternoon/evening before. It saves sleeping time.

Cheers drunks
Drink!

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

Saturday was both brutal and exhilarating.

I spent most of the evening trying to hang my daughter's bulletin board (apparently a lot harder to do when drunk), I think I kicked a hole in something, abandoned it then went out to my neighborhood bar to hang with the bartender. Dude's really cool. Stayed after the place closed down and we just talked and drank.

then I went to a 24 hour diner and got something to eat, but here's the thing... these places aren't close by.

My neighborhood bar is close enough, just a quick 10 minute walk. But the diner is not that close. I drunkenly walked to and from that place; from while carrying food. Alcohol must give you the power of the gods, because I made that trek with the speed and ease of an Olympic runner. Well, maybe not that easy...I probably stumbled a bit.

Today is going to be my cool down day. gotta get ready for tomorrow (goddamn bummer).
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I think when you`re drunk you think about fun stuff while walking
Drink!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Good afternoon sunday imbibers.

Today we visited our future kitten. I had to pace myself a little (only had one white russian) before we drove there. So I forced my hungover ass to fix the slightly plugged drain in the bathroom sink. Yuck is all I can say.
In roughly a month the kitten will be old enough to be sold. I hope the dog doen`t immediately kill it.

Cheers ya all
Drink!

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Dead cats are what you get when you name your dog Rambo.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Good morning sunday drunks.
Is there anything more comfy than a rainy cold sunday with nothing elso to do aside from getting heavily intoxicated?

Prosit
Drink!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Good morning sunday debauchers,

Forum member benito recently posted about being drunk before noon is a thing. I agree.

In other news, do you BBQ during fall? Sun is out so we will give it a go.

Chinchin everyone
Drink!

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Rye and Coke »

oettinger wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:05 am

Forum member benito recently posted about being drunk before noon is a thing. I agree.

Chinchin everyone
Good evening Sunda debauchers, lol.

Yes, being drunk before Noon is a thing. i honestly don't think I could make it through the weekends without eye-openers.

Let me not lie, of course I could, I'd just be out-of-sorts and irritable.

Today I woke up and took my daughter to a morning cafe and got her a bacon egg and cheese on croissant, I just got a pumpkin coffee to pick me up from the vodka/lemonade & peach drink I'd carried around with me during Homecoming...but that's another story that I'll spill in The Art of Getting Hammered forum.

Now I'm about to murder/death/kill a pumpkin, all in the name of the season, while watching invasion of the body snatchers and eating corn dogs.

Sunday isn't over for me yet.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:37 pm
oettinger wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:05 am

Chinchin everyone
Rye-openers.

That`s definitely you
Drink!