This Hangover...

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: This Hangover...

Post by Hugh »

Plus, I'd be looking pretty stupid with the bottle opening in my mouth as I try to light the bottom of the bottle with a Bic.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Hugh wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:57 pm
Plus, I'd be looking pretty stupid with the bottle opening in my mouth as I try to light the bottom of the bottle with a Bic.
Yeah that would be distilling it to it`s purest. I mean inhaling boiling alcohol works but makes you Drunk
Drink!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

oettinger wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:43 pm
Hugh wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:57 pm
Yeah that would be distilling it to it`s purest. I mean inhaling boiling alcohol works but makes you Drunk
It's like the new smokey-less electronical device for Marlboro Reds. Oett, you might consider. Their healthier than regular cigs, unless you're a preteen who's kicking the habit or just starting out.

What is it, Zuul?

That sounds healthy. Zuuuuuuul...

https://youtu.be/y3ns6H5dHrU

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

Hugh wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:46 pm
From Wikipedia: "According to the manufacturer, Everclear "should be viewed as an unfinished ingredient", not consumed directly in undiluted form, and the company acknowledges that the product "has a rather notorious reputation" due to its high alcohol content.[3] "

Will be going to liquor store later to find this "Everclear."

It's essentially pure alcohol at 190 proof. Drinking it straight is about the same as pulling into a gas station and taking a hit off of the ethanol grade gasoline. Not recommended.

And you can not smoke it, but it can smoke you. Very unpleasantly, I might add.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Sammy wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:45 pm
Hugh wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:46 pm
From Wikipedia: "According to the manufacturer, Everclear "should be viewed as an unfinished ingredient", not consumed directly in undiluted form, and the company acknowledges that the product "has a rather notorious reputation" due to its high alcohol content.[3] "

Will be going to liquor store later to find this "Everclear."

It's essentially pure alcohol at 190 proof. Drinking it straight is about the same as pulling into a gas station and taking a hit off of the ethanol grade gasoline. Not recommended.

And you can not smoke it, but it can smoke you. Very unpleasantly, I might add.
No, you can't really smoke it. But you can vaporize it and inhale it.

Everclear: felony in a bottle.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Like the russian bud told me, friends drank gasoline, it works. Just never ever inhale, the fumes kill your lung
Drink!

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

I never bought Everclear...I don't think (you probably wouldn't remember buying it if you did either)... But I did buy Bicardi 151 once and the cashier looked at me like I was crazy. I had to tell him that I was trying to recreate a recipe (which was true), but it put the fear of God in me, so I decided to never go down that road 'just because.'

Like Sammy said, drinking shouldn't be about pain, skin grafts and waning recollections of accidental tragedies. I drink because it lights up my dull reality like paper lined with white phosporous; just sudden, bright, explosive...then over.
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Overproof stuff just gives you this nice rush of feeling alive. We don`t talk coconut-water here of course, it has it`s gut-punching powers. But it`s worth a try.
The funny thing about hooch like this is, mix it with something, it will turn awkward. Just don`t. Pure or nah.
Drink!

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

Years ago in my misspent youth I used to work the 3pm-Midnight shift. When I got out of work I'd hit up a bar for last call and the only way to catch up to the other drunks at the bar was to drink 151 and coke. It worked well if you need a buzz and you need one fast. I was also coaxed into doing a flaming shot of 151 once by this punk rock chick I knew. Not very pleasant. Fortunately, I had nothing to drink or eat at that point or I would have puked immediately. The only good part of that experience was I didn't burn myself.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

2 PM and just now getting up. Hell, I haven't really got up, all I did was order Grubhub delivery from my laptop.

I only get hangovers this bad when I drink in bars. I didn't even drink that much last night, but I hadn't had a drink for a week. At least I haven't vomited. Fuck I hate bars. I do NOT understand their irresistible pull on me.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Hugh wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:15 pm
2 PM and just now getting up. Hell, I haven't really got up, all I did was order Grubhub delivery from my laptop.

I only get hangovers this bad when I drink in bars. I didn't even drink that much last night, but I hadn't had a drink for a week. At least I haven't vomited. Fuck I hate bars. I do NOT understand their irresistible pull on me.
Good morning!

People? The flavour of misery? They have bottles on hand you don`t
Drink!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Another "NEVER AGAIN" hangover, and yes, it was caused by the bars. But I recently bought some new clothes and I wanted to show them off. Ironically, my bartender friend had a bag full of swag shirts for me, so I changed into one of those. Those swag shirts are high quality, the thread count feels high and the logos are screened on well.

I stood over the toiled trying to get myself to vomit, but couldn't. I've found that's the best cure for a hangover, make yourself vomit so that you can go back to sleep. It's too difficult to sleep while nauseated, and vomiting is the only way to relieve nausea. Perhaps I couldn't vomit because there was nothing in my stomach. Last night's dinner was still on my desk, mostly untouched, and stinking up the apartment.

Waiting on Grubhub to bring me my Double Whopper with cheese combo meal.

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

Okay, I need to know exactly what you drink and how. You have some of the most brutal hangovers I've ever read on these pages...and that's saying something.

Like, on normal hangover morning, I'll wake up with a mild feeling of not-being-right. On a bad day, I'll wake up with a slight headache and stomach issues.
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

I began in the afternoon with wine at my favorite bar. Then later that night I drank vodka at my downtown dive. I don't remember how much I drank, but I spent about $100 including cab fare. I started drinking at 2 in the afternoon and according to my call log, called for my cab home at midnight.

ThirstyBirdy
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by ThirstyBirdy »

I once tested a guy who said he didn't get hangovers. He shows up, "as drunk as always" and I'm like "hey let's take a breathalyzer!"

i had the fuel cell professional device, very accurate. I blow first. My BAC comes back 0.25, "okay your turn man." He blows, and i shit you not, he blows a 0.09..

Just goes to show, he was a lightweight. That usually explains it. Come to find out, a half pint of whiskey got him wasted.
Something's got to be done. We can't go on like this.
I must have some booze. I demand to have some booze!- Withnail