Thoughts On Trump and The Freak Show That Surrounds Him?

This is where you let you can let it all hang out.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, One for the Frog, Frankennietzsche

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: Thoughts On Trump and The Freak Show That Surrounds Him?

Post by Lush City »

Bernie Sanders Tax Plan For America ...among other memes. Enjoy!
https://www.memeworld.com/
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Comandante59
Tippler
Tippler

Post by Comandante59 »

A little question from someone out of the USA: has Trump even delivered on anything from his campaign promises?
I mean, the wall is still to be built, the swamp hasn't been drained, the USA haven't gotten better relations with Russia, the Muslims haven't been banned from entering the US, Hillary Clinton is still free and unharmed, US forces are still active in many of the world's hotspots (although they did pull out of Syria recently)...

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I don`t know if he promised this
Drink!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Comandante59 wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:05 am
A little question from someone out of the USA: has Trump even delivered on anything from his campaign promises?
I mean, the wall is still to be built, the swamp hasn't been drained, the USA haven't gotten better relations with Russia, the Muslims haven't been banned from entering the US, Hillary Clinton is still free and unharmed, US forces are still active in many of the world's hotspots (although they did pull out of Syria recently)...
As a rule, and this may shock some, politicians lie. All of them. They are all bought and paid for. they lie to get in office and remain there, holding on to their little wisps of power. Pathetic.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

^^ What he said. Summed it up to a T.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

scream ale wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:36 pm
^^ What he said. Summed it up to a T.
Never trust a man who doesn't trust himself to have a Drink.

Even one tipple.

Ever?

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Comandante59 wrote:
He lowered taxes, revived the energy sector that Obama tried to squelch, consumer confidence soared and real estate prices took off. Corporations brought their factories back to the US and he is building the wall and fighting do nothing Democrats along the way for immigration control. Just so you know.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

After Trump's tax plan passed, all of the hourly employees where I work got a $1000 bonus, less withholding, and in our region we got a small raise. (I work for Frito Lay.) Then this year we got another raise that was pretty significant. Also, the value of my pension has soared by about $23,000 since 2017. I track the value of my pension every month by estimating its value if I quit my job that day and took a lump sum. I don't know what the pension is invested in, but sometimes its value swings wildly. I have to assume at least some of it is in stocks.

Now, before everybody goes calling me a Trumptard, I didn't vote for him. I don't vote for anybody. I leave that to you more mature and informed people. But I don't like the guy. If he were sitting with you in a bar he would be treating you like shit the same way he treats people around him like shit. It's sort of what alpha males do. Arnold's the same way. The stories about him as he was climbing the bodybuilding ladder of success back in the 1970's are bad, he wasn't liked by anybody back then, not even his friend Franco Colombu. But I am fascinated by guys like these, I have their books and I read them to see if I can find out what makes them tick. In Trump's Art of the Comeback, he starts off with a list of things to do when making a comeback. Right at the top was "Play golf." That tells me his somewhat full of shit. It says he has resources available to him that most people do not have if he's able to get his businesses back on track while he's out on the golf course. The way I had to make my comeback was by taking two jobs and working 15 - 20 hour days.

But I'll gladly take and spend the money that his policies get me.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Hugh wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:34 am
After Trump's tax plan passed, all of the hourly employees where I work got a $1000 bonus, less withholding, and in our region we got a small raise. (I work for Frito Lay.) Then this year we got another raise that was pretty significant. Also, the value of my pension has soared by about $23,000 since 2017. I track the value of my pension every month by estimating its value if I quit my job that day and took a lump sum. I don't know what the pension is invested in, but sometimes its value swings wildly. I have to assume at least some of it is in stocks.

Now, before everybody goes calling me a Trumptard, I didn't vote for him. I don't vote for anybody. I leave that to you more mature and informed people. But I don't like the guy. If he were sitting with you in a bar he would be treating you like shit the same way he treats people around him like shit. It's sort of what alpha males do. Arnold's the same way. The stories about him as he was climbing the bodybuilding ladder of success back in the 1970's are bad, he wasn't liked by anybody back then, not even his friend Franco Colombu. But I am fascinated by guys like these, I have their books and I read them to see if I can find out what makes them tick. In Trump's Art of the Comeback, he starts off with a list of things to do when making a comeback. Right at the top was "Play golf." That tells me his somewhat full of shit. It says he has resources available to him that most people do not have if he's able to get his businesses back on track while he's out on the golf course. The way I had to make my comeback was by taking two jobs and working 15 - 20 hour days.

But I'll gladly take and spend the money that his policies get me.
Like Obama didn't play golf in the face of urgent issues? Please! I'm sure Arnold had tiffs with everyone but he did come back to make up for it and eventually win the Governorship of California. Columbo was his buddy to the end.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

I knew it, I knew it, I knew it. But I was stupid enough to do it anyway. Post is this Politics, Whining, and Other Bullshit forum. So it's my fault. It doesn't matter if political mud is slung on Facebook or a forum, it's still mud. Still shit. Of course it would be the same here.

Here's a perfect example of what I hate about it. When I said that the number one rule of Trump's art of the comeback is to play golf, I wasn't deriding Trump for playing golf, I was pointing out that he has resources available to him that other people, LIKE MYSELF, A WORKING CLASS SLOB, or even other businessmenn who have to hustle for living, do not have. I went back and reread my post to see if I was clear, after Lush's response, and I'm satisfied that I made my point. So what happens? That goddamb whataboutery that all internet politico mud slingers engage in - BUT WHAT ABOUT OBAMA! Goddamb, it's sickening.

People who hunt outrage on the internet are never disappointed. Even when the didn't bag a real outrage.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Hugh wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:47 am
I knew it, I knew it, I knew it. But I was stupid enough to do it anyway. Post is this Politics, Whining, and Other Bullshit forum. So it's my fault. It doesn't matter if political mud is slung on Facebook or a forum, it's still mud. Still shit. Of course it would be the same here.

Here's a perfect example of what I hate about it. When I said that the number one rule of Trump's art of the comeback is to play golf, I wasn't deriding Trump for playing golf, I was pointing out that he has resources available to him that other people, LIKE MYSELF, A WORKING CLASS SLOB, or even other businessmenn who have to hustle for living, do not have. I went back and reread my post to see if I was clear, after Lush's response, and I'm satisfied that I made my point. So what happens? That goddamb whataboutery that all internet politico mud slingers engage in - BUT WHAT ABOUT OBAMA! Goddamb, it's sickening.

People who hunt outrage on the internet are never disappointed. Even when the didn't bag a real outrage.
Awww. Honey, shhh. C'mere. Sit down at the bar and dab your forehead with a cocktail napkin.
This round is on the house.

*sip*

Now listen:
Please allow me to share with you a secret that many know, about this lower deck of the mighty MDM vessel.
In this PWOB section, one must prepare to venture forth and and engage only with proper protection. In this case, it is the Heavy Duty tin foil from Reynold's. I kid you not.

Have another, and let's see about this fracas, shall we?

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Lush City wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:47 pm
Comandante59 wrote:
He lowered taxes, Mostly for the extremely wealthy, and weaselly, fickle, crafty corporations that bailed on the USA in the first place, leaving us with service work jobs at Walmarts etc. For the rest of us, he borrowed against the future and Social Security, because screw the old and feeble in order to give folks a $1,000 future-remembrance gift for him to try to get re-elected.

revived the energy sector that Obama tried to squelch, Actually, it's using rare drinking water to combine with chemicals to purge petroleum from fissures in the bedrock of 'Merica's mid west, and the coal industry cannot come back like it was, but the Koch bros (well there's only one now, down in the brimstone) are the only ones trying to squeeze that dead horse dry and the energy companies and automobile manufacturers have already embraced the future of renewable energy: To wit, BP began burying all of the solar power technology back in the early 2000's
consumer confidence soared

and real estate prices took off. That's why there are so may people becoming homeless, everywhere. Gentrification for the tech savvy. That's messed up man.

Corporations brought their factories back to the US Because fuck the environment, like China always has, and also, let's put a higher price for USA consumers on foreign bought shit. Good luck paying for it

and he is building the wall With money stolen form the Department of Defense, nice job there, pushing all the OFF buttons for the world-wide protection against terrorists, which was a finely crafted, balanced system of strategy until this Bonehead prez got his tweet off, and that Wall ain't paid for by Mexico, or even near what he promised as a wall

and fighting do nothing Democrats along the way for immigration control. That's some human rights violations going on in those kid cage camps, dude.

Just so you know. Yeah, that he's the lapdog of the true dictators, like Lil Kim Dong and Putin. Wannabee failure

Plus, dude doesn't DRINK. Never has. That's messed, up, for this here board.

Now for a sip of some Ezra Brooks. 'Merrican Made, cheers!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

oettinger wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:05 am
mistah willies wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:40 pm
Nausea wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:53 pm
Completely not getting where another person is coming from.

I cannot figure out the logic behind some of our more eccentric customers' mannerisms.

How does a mind evolve so strangely while also hacking it in this world?
Yes indeed, and further: someone who always disagrees even when you're agreeing with them.

"No, no, that's not it..."
Wrrrrrrooooong.
In all fairness, Lush City and me are good buds. Dude also knows his way around having a good time with booze, and with tunes.

Truth.

Now, Hugh, don'tcha feel a bit better?

*hiccup*

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

I love Trump on even days. I hate him on odd days. Works for me. And oh yeah, my investments are kicking ass too. I'm not ready to thank Trump for that but I like what I'm seeing in my bottom line. Especially since I am now old enough to withdraw my money without a penalty. If I figure the roof is about to cave in, I will withdraw it ALL.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

CUSTOMER: Waiter, there's a fly in my soup.

WAITER: Yeah, well what about the cockroaches in the restaurant across the street?

- American politics on the internet.