Wednesday Night Throwdown

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Wednesday Night Throwdown

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:45 pm
Ezra Brooks Rye whiskey
Waitaminute.....EZRA RYE?!?!?!? why wasn't I informed of this? I must find. I thought Ezra and I had an understanding.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

It does exist. As early as 2016 apparently.
I rarely see Ezra's bourbon near me. Never would have guessed they made a rye too.

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:24 am
Rye and Coke wrote:
Ezra Brooks Rye whiskey
Waitaminute.....EZRA RYE?!?!?!? why wasn't I informed of this? I must find. I thought Ezra and I had an understanding.
Ha! I'm drinking some right now, trying to chase away the mean demons haunting me for the last couple of days. It's really affordable (cheap), fairly smooth and great for mixing. Now...that being said, I wouldn't put it into too many competitions for best rye's around.

Still, it's my current bottom shelf go-to.
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:24 pm
ThirstyDrunk wrote:
Rye and Coke wrote:
Ezra Brooks Rye whiskey
Ha! I'm drinking some right now, trying to chase away the mean demons haunting me for the last couple of days. It's really affordable (cheap), fairly smooth and great for mixing. Now...that being said, I wouldn't put it into too many competitions for best rye's around.

What other ryes do you speak highly of? I've recently been drinking Redemption and I really like Dickel's rye.

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

scream ale wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:03 pm
Rye and Coke wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:24 pm
ThirstyDrunk wrote:

What other ryes do you speak highly of? I've recently been drinking Redemption and I really like Dickel's rye.
High West Whiskey Double Rye is good
of course Bulleit Rye; even their bourbon is high-rye based
Riverboat Rye is a really small level, cheap rye that's also really young. The rye taste is hot and it goes over strongly in cocktails.

Dickel and Redemption are my other go to's
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

I've seen a few different varieties of High West around my area. I believe I may have had the Bulleit rye a while. May need go pick some up and give it another whirl.

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Rye and Coke »

I hope I don't irritate anyone by continuously upping this thread, but Wednesday nights are just my nights. Got some writing to do for work, and some writing to do for fun.

Got an Old Fashion (which never tastes as good as the ones I get at high-end bars -- fuck, what am i doing wrong?)

It's 28 degrees outside and I'm sitting snug in my dining room, thankful for the small things. ... like heat.

How are you late night drunks doing on Hump Day?

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Wednesdays were always the days my liver got nervous.
Nowadays my three day weekends make wednesday the first day out off detox
Drink!

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Rye and Coke »

25 degrees Fahrenheit tonight (or -3 degrees Celsius), still stuck inside. Trying to finish up this work for work, while sipping Bourbon Old Fashions and wondering where i went wrong in life.

Today was our office Christmas party and I found a way to get as drunk as I could while working.

I'm about to write about it in the "Art of Getting Hammered" forum. For now, it's all about the beauty of mid-week drinking.

Mid-week, LATE NIGHT, drinking.

I'm about to listen to some podcasts and soldier on.

catch up!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:55 pm
25 degrees Fahrenheit tonight (or -3 degrees Celsius), still stuck inside. Trying to finish up this work for work, while sipping Bourbon Old Fashions and wondering where i went wrong in life.

Today was our office Christmas party and I found a way to get as drunk as I could while working.

I'm about to write about it in the "Art of Getting Hammered" forum. For now, it's all about the beauty of mid-week drinking.

Mid-week, LATE NIGHT, drinking.

I'm about to listen to some podcasts and soldier on.

catch up!
I don't think I saw your write up in the Art of Getting Hammered.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

^^^ Be patient MF, his birthday report took a year and a half too
Drink!

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Rye and Coke »

oettinger wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:06 pm
HAHAHAHAHA!~!! This is true, and yes, I have the draft saved on this site, I just haven't gotten around to it.

That's one thing I admire about Hugh, his ability to just...write. Just paragraphs after paragraphs, stream of conscious spewing, nonstop. i could never do that. It takes me forever to formulate just the right words, and then those words tend to be the wrong words. I stew and mull over everything to the point of cognitive impotence.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:29 am
oettinger wrote:
HAHAHAHAHA!~!! This is true, and yes, I have the draft saved on this site, I just haven't gotten around to it.

That's one thing I admire about Hugh, his ability to just...write. Just paragraphs after paragraphs, stream of conscious spewing, nonstop. i could never do that. It takes me forever to formulate just the right words, and then those words tend to be the wrong words. I stew and mull over everything to the point of cognitive impotence.
Earlier this week, while writing in my diary, I told myself that I could NOT write any new poems in the upcoming weekend unless I had sent out an acceptable amount of submissions first. I have way too many poems and stories laying around in here and I haven't been submitting anything for weeks. But still, when I got up this morning, there was a new poem in the printer tray from last night. It's like I can't stop myself from writing. Like I have hypergraphia or something.

At least I got some submissions out this afternoon. I've probably got a little over a dozen poems out there now.

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Rye and Coke »

Hugh wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:33 pm
Rye and Coke wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:29 am
oettinger wrote:

Earlier this week, while writing in my diary, I told myself that I could NOT write any new poems in the upcoming weekend unless I had sent out an acceptable amount of submissions first. I have way too many poems and stories laying around in here and I haven't been submitting anything for weeks. But still, when I got up this morning, there was a new poem in the printer tray from last night. It's like I can't stop myself from writing. Like I have hypergraphia or something.

At least I got some submissions out this afternoon. I've probably got a little over a dozen poems out there now.
...you are..the master

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:04 pm
I hope I don't irritate anyone by continuously upping this thread, but Wednesday nights are just my nights. Got some writing to do for work, and some writing to do for fun.

Got an Old Fashion (which never tastes as good as the ones I get at high-end bars -- fuck, what am i doing wrong?
I just had a thought: perhaps a tiny splash of Grand Marnier(1/4 teaspoon, perhaps?) might help. When we do Manhattans, I always toss a bit of maraschino syrup in the bourbon. Yes, bourbon. Fekk rye. Just a spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down! *

*sez the woman chugging Makers on ice whilst making sure that the old man doesn't stop breathing.
like tears in rain