What are you drinking right now?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by Lush City »

It's Sunday nite and in my book it's the best night for drinking if you can afford it. That means you don't have to show up to a job early Monday morning. That's what I'm talking about. Sucking down Tanqueray martinis and beer chasers all day. Cheers!
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Back to the cheap stuff tonight -- and plenty of it.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Another Tipsy Sailor
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Another Tipsy Sailor »

Right now: Manhattan with two shots Templeton Rye 4 year, two Bulliet Bourbon, and two Punt e Mes vermouth (plus some Peychaud's and two or three Luxardo cherries.) After this maybe another, similar. I don't think switching to scotch is ideal. Possibly a Martini. It just dawned on me that I might have one beer left in the icebox. Maybe do a variation on an Old Fashioned? My ingredients on hand don't seem to add up well. Have to make a stop at the liquor store tomorrow and re-arm.
"Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think, I’m not going to make it, but you laugh inside — remembering all the times you’ve felt that way."
-Charles Bukowski

I was probably drunk when I said that, but I meant it.

The second best thing about a shot of Malört is the face the bartender makes when you order it.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

I like a bourbon Manhattan, with a bit of sweet. The lovely clink of the ice cubes against the crystal...the lights on the Christmas tree. Christmas music...if only we could look outside and see snow. Just see it, I mean. I've lived in Indiana and I've lived in Massachusetts, and snow actually kind of sucks.
like tears in rain

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

WT101. Loves me a bold whiskey. I think finishing the bottle is in order. 'Tiz my day off, after all...
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

2% milk.

No, I kid. Beam black neat. Cheers to the end of the most boring Tuesday in recent memory.

Another Tipsy Sailor
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Trying a can of Crafters Union "Daring & Elegant" red blend wine in a can I bought on a whim at the gas station on my way to work. It's pretty good, actually. Probably isn't meant to be drank chilled but it's chilly out it it was in my car for 12 hours. A not great but not bad end to a not bad but not great day.
"Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think, I’m not going to make it, but you laugh inside — remembering all the times you’ve felt that way."
-Charles Bukowski

The second best thing about a shot of Malört is the face the bartender makes when you order it.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Some Bells expedition stout. Perfect for a cold blustery winter's eve.

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

wt101 with grolsh chasers... they have just stopped selling grolsh in the UK which is a fucking shame. my buddy works for Molson coors though who used to brew it here under licence...he got a shit load of free cases that they could no longer sell and donated 3 to me... happy fucking chritsmas. hah
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Woodford reserve neat. Takes the chill out of your bones nicely.

Another Tipsy Sailor
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Gin martini, Gordon's and Dolin. Three olives for color and crunch. Tomorrow night I'm definitely going to my local redneck dive bar (usually my regular haunt but I'm working so much this time of year) for the first time in over a month. Possibly even before work for their secret Friday steak lunch.
-Charles Bukowski

Another Tipsy Sailor
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

I sadly did not make it to the local redneck dive bar.
But I'm two Manhattans into the evening. The first with freshly bought Sazerac Rye and Punt e Mes and this fancy Bitter Truth Professor Jerry's ... something... chalice? bitters. And the second with Bulliet bourbon but otherwise unchanged. Wait, no, no cherries on the second. Uffda. The week has ended, and with it too the peak season. Cheers.
-Charles Bukowski

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

A little Beam neat for now. Planning on heading to the liquor store later on and picking up a handle of Bourbon as well as cashing in the whiskey fund for the last time this year and getting something else as well. Leaning towards something from Speyside. Should be a fun trip.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I attended a couple Vodka funerals today
Drink!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

I'm appalled how this thread has become a pissing contest. To list 3 or more drinks at one sitting is a little bit ostentatious to say the least.

I will only say that I was drinking Hendrick's martinis straight up with Mexican lager chasers followed by shots of Hera Dura Reposado shots and more Mexican lager, this time from the famous Stone Brewery, San Diego county, known for it's extremely heavy IPA like the famous, Arrogant Bastard. This was a basic Mexican lager with hints of salt and lime brewed in. Very enjoyable.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.