Cheap Beer Comparison

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: Cheap Beer Comparison

Post by booznik »

On the subject of beer that can give you a hangover, I offer this. However, it does not qualify as cheap. And the latest label design, unlike this vintage classic, is pure pansy. Pfeh.

"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

beerkegbilly wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:58 pm
I like genesee as my cheap beer it is 1 buck for a 24 oz 15 bucks for a case it is on sale 17 bucks for 30 pack
Times sure have changed. 24 oz cans are a little more than buck, haven't bought a case since I don't even know when and 30 packs are typically $14.99 though a local grocery store frequently has Saturday sales and 30 packs have been as low as 13.99-12.49. Except the cream ale. Still $14.99 but you only get 24 now not 30. Thanks asshats at North American brewing or whatever lucky retard owns Genny currently.

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

A good deal is any beer that you can buy for 50 cents per 12 oz can or less. I can still find cheap beer that I can tolerate for 50 cents a can but it's harder these days to find it for less, unless you want to bother with a rebate coupon, which seems to never be available. But I draw the line at Gennie, I refuse to drink that shit. Same goes for Lonestar.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Sammy wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:33 am
A good deal is any beer that you can buy for 50 cents per 12 oz can or less. I can still find cheap beer that I can tolerate for 50 cents a can but it's harder these days to find it for less, unless you want to bother with a rebate coupon, which seems to never be available. But I draw the line at Gennie, I refuse to drink that shit. Same goes for Lonestar.
You've tasted the joys of the mighty Genesee? I've never drank Lonestar but for cheap swill Genny ain't that awful.

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

scream ale wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:54 pm
Sammy wrote:
You've tasted the joys of the mighty Genesee? I've never drank Lonestar but for cheap swill Genny ain't that awful.
I may live in TX but I grew up in Syracuse, NY, so yes Gennie is very familiar to me. The screamers are ok, as long as you don't drink too many. One of my Uncles always drank that stuff and I have many fond memories of visiting his house as a young man and enjoying a few. If they're really cold, then they're good. But not that shit in the white can. I also recall Gennie 12 Horse Ale, and I liked that, but it was always hard to find. Gennie Oktoberfest isn't bad either. Lonestar tastes like Gennie regular in the white can but with metal shavings as the after taste.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

HEY! This thread has a pic of the PBR 30 pack kitchen "wallpaper" at my old place. I haven't thought of that for a long time. Thanks!
That place was a dump but the good thing about living in a shit hole is that you don't have to worry about where you piss, puke, bleed, or wipe boogers.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:29 pm
HEY! This thread has a pic of the PBR 30 pack kitchen "wallpaper" at my old place. I haven't thought of that for a long time. Thanks!
That place was a dump but the good thing about living in a shit hole is that you don't have to worry about where you piss, puke, bleed, or wipe boogers.
Are you this guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOAzJt3RK7M

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Sammy wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:26 pm
scream ale wrote:
Sammy wrote:
I may live in TX but I grew up in Syracuse, NY, so yes Gennie is very familiar to me. The screamers are ok, as long as you don't drink too many. One of my Uncles always drank that stuff and I have many fond memories of visiting his house as a young man and enjoying a few. If they're really cold, then they're good. But not that shit in the white can. I also recall Gennie 12 Horse Ale, and I liked that, but it was always hard to find. Gennie Oktoberfest isn't bad either. Lonestar tastes like Gennie regular in the white can but with metal shavings as the after taste.
12 Horse is a good one, they bring it back periodically. They usually have it on top tap at the brewery and they fill growlers and crowlers there. That's funny you prefer the regular stuff (white can) vs the screamers. I've found most people cringe at the cream ale and claim the white can is drinkable but they prefer (insert some other cheap beer here) over Genesee.

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

scream ale wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:35 am
Sammy wrote:
scream ale wrote:

12 Horse is a good one, they bring it back periodically. They usually have it on top tap at the brewery and they fill growlers and crowlers there. That's funny you prefer the regular stuff (white can) vs the screamers. I've found most people cringe at the cream ale and claim the white can is drinkable but they prefer (insert some other cheap beer here) over Genesee.
NO NO NO NO!!!!! I fucking HATE HATE HATE Gennie regular in the white can! I'll take Screamers over that any day. Learn to interpret me man!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Sammy wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:06 pm
scream ale wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:35 am
Sammy wrote:

NO NO NO NO!!!!! I fucking HATE HATE HATE Gennie regular in the white can! I'll take Screamers over that any day. Learn to interpret me man!
I understood you. I'm saying I typically hear the opposite of what you're saying and I thought it was funny.

Bubblez
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Bubblez »

Genny Light all the way. 13.99 for a 30 rack at my local... upstate towards hunting camp 12.49 a 30... ahh gotta watch my fat ass figure ha!
What would you rather do—leave a beautiful corpse, or a scorched Earth? Don’t live fast and die young. Live long and die hard.¸

—Sarah Szabo

I'm all for a scorched Earth policy. -- Me

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

Bubblez wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:05 pm
Genny Light all the way. 13.99 for a 30 rack at my local... upstate towards hunting camp 12.49 a 30... ahh gotta watch my fat ass figure ha!
Pathetic

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Sammy wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:46 pm
Bubblez wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:05 pm
Pathetic
Sammy he's my brother and I concur. Hamm's is only 2 bucks more a 30 and not a fucking light.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

I just can't stand light beer in any configuration. If I had to drink light beer, then I guess I'd go with Bud Platinum Light because that is at least 6% ABV. There's no use drinking beer at all if it isn't strong enough to give you a buzz.

Bubblez
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Bubblez »

Quantity over quality... hence name of thread
What would you rather do—leave a beautiful corpse, or a scorched Earth? Don’t live fast and die young. Live long and die hard.¸

—Sarah Szabo

I'm all for a scorched Earth policy. -- Me